Another gamer has made 40+ accounts to follow me. Do I have to close my account?

Discus and support Another gamer has made 40+ accounts to follow me. Do I have to close my account? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On the game I play most people are chill or at least reasonable... I always try to be nice to everyone. I ended up partied with a player through a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gone Bye Bye, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Gone  Bye Bye
    Gone Bye Bye Guest

Another gamer has made 40+ accounts to follow me. Do I have to close my account?

On the game I play most people are chill or at least reasonable...

I always try to be nice to everyone.

I ended up partied with a player through a mutual friend.

Long story short. They had many accounts and I didn't know it. Several were banned due to inappropriate names.

Now they make a new account every time I block/report them.

40+ accounts later I can't stop them. When I report them often I will paste a list of gamer tags I did take note of them using.

They're been making multiple accounts in their spare time as they've caught on I see the 0 rep and games played on each account.

Yesterday I got hit with over 5.

I took about 9 months off from playing when this didn't stop. now they're back.

They're signing up to Xbox news and idk if that's how they are getting free Gold accounts.

So in short I had to lock down my accounts and can only hear, communicate etc. with my friends, but I play with a lot of friends or mutual players that are not in my list. I totally separated my computer from this mess.

I'm shutting down my 8 year old account as a result. Most games I buy under a family member (In my house) gamer's tag. I know I'm losing all my other stuff, maps, extension packs, etc. etc. and my 8 year history on that account.

Why can't they stop them? What if they find me again?

I got a separate account. I will have to go with some nondescript tag which is fine... but people shouldn't be allowed to do that.

Why aren't they banning their console? The messages are bad.... inappropriate, violent, name calling...

I doubt they'll find me again, but losing my account leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, yet they get to do anything they want.

I pay for everything, why do they get everything for free?

I guess my question is... is closing it my own recourse to keep myself safe?

:)

Gone Bye Bye, Sep 15, 2020
  2. VoicelessMarx Win User

Removing someone from my family who does not exist

I'm sort of having this problem as well. An old parent account I made during the creation of my account has me added to their family and I have no way of accessing this account because I believe that it has been deleted due to the 365 days thing. Currently
    have 40 quid in my account and can't buy anything because I can't change any of my settings because I can't access that parent account.
  3. SteveJoseph1 Win User

Does violation of TOS in one account affects another account signed at same console?

So in my case I need to sell my console because I made a single purchase from another region even I closed my account or switch to another account.

Thats unbelievable
  4. ExtantFiend6587 Win User

"Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now"

That's incorrect. It's like this:

A is my main email with the gamer tag I want GONE.

B is my old email with the gamer tag I WANT.

C is a Microsoft account I made to move gamer tag A to.

I just want to understand if I'm doing anything wrong here.

I downloaded both Xbox Live profiles to a 360 quite some time ago and made Microsoft account C around the same time. I'm afraid to use the Xbox One I bought a few weeks ago because I don't want to reset any timers. I'm looking to close old email accounts
    I have, and the one my main gamer tag (B) is attached to is one of them, so I need to move it to my main email (A).

I do not have the time to make phone calls, and the chat system will not work for me due to the issue that's shown in the imgur link.
  5. validator75 Win User

Linking new Microsoft account to existing gamer tag whose earlier account has expired due to not logging in for some time

Hi guys just to add on this is the email I got in reply to my request on my old account reactivation

"We have determined the Microsoft account -my previous email address- does not exist. This is normally caused by an account being set to inactive, the account was deleted, or the account has expired. The account recovery request with issue number 636xxxxx
    has been closed.

Please note the following:

A Microsoft account will be set to an inactive status if a user has not signed in to Hotmail for a period of 270 days.

A Microsoft account will be deleted if a user has not signed in to an account within 365 days."

I thus created another microsoft account, this one, and have been trying to tie my xbox GT to it. But in order to do so I need to have access to my previous microsoft account that has been deactivated.
  6. StormedGiant803 Win User

Who do I talk to if Customer Support can not help me?

Here is what I have done

Case Number 1157778042

My account was recently hacked and I have had some unauthorized purchases made on it. I opened the above case and it has been closed do to "violation of terms of use". I have been told that the account did not have a name on it so they could not verify who
    owned it. My credit card with my name on it was attached to this account I was making all the payments on the account so does that not mean that it is my account? I can answer any question about the account in detail if needed but I am unable to speak with
    anyone who can offer up any rational explanation. If you are required to enter a name on the account why is this not required to input one when you open the account? Plus you can change the name on the account at any time therefore anyone who has access to
    the account can change the name and make it there account. It does not seem to me that the investigation team did very much to try and verify the account, did they just see it had no name and case closed? Do an investigation look at the account my name is
    in the email attached to it, which is the same name on the credit card, call and ask me a question about the account.

As far as the unauthorized purchase I can try and stop them through my credit card. What sucks is I have a number of months left on the live account and now it is gone? What is happening with this time? Is Xbox just going to keep it? It is bad enough I have
    lost all game points and other things associated with my gamer tag but I can live without that as it is not that important to me but I do feel I have been let down by Xbox. Your system was compromised and I am having to pay for it.

I originally opened the case on 7/7/11 (1157559978) I called 4 days later to check on it and it had been closed, no one called me to tell me this I had to call. I then opened another case on 7/11/11 and was told I would be contacted in 7-10 days I was not
    contacted until 7/30/11. I was then told the case was closed to bad.

Now whenever I log into my account associated with my email I have lost my gamer tag, xbox live account and for some reason it is in the UK. I can not change this either.

What am I to do next just accept this lame excuse of the violation of terms of use over what I feel is a flaw in your system? I want to know what really took place? Why do I feel like I did something so terribly wrong? If this account does not belong to
    me who does it belong to? Who else is yelling and screaming about it besides me.
Thema:

1. Another gamer has made 40+ accounts to follow me. Do I have to close my account? - Similar Threads - Another gamer has

2. how do i install update on another drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i install update on another drive: hi guys, i have a problem with my xbox 360 so i launched it after few years and wanted to update it ( i guess to 2019 ver.) and during installation there was popping...
  3. How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another: both of my Xboxes are on my Internet at my house it's not showing on my network e4aa9c6f-e1b1-4028-bcce-b33201cd8922
  4. Is it even worth getting another Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it even worth getting another Xbox series X?: I’ve had my series X for about two years just for one day to stop working, while my 360 and one Is still going strong. I just don’t wanna buy another one just to do the same thing. It also sad...
  5. GameSharing with another person

in XBoX on Windows
    GameSharing with another person: So my friend is trying to game share with me so I can play call of duty black ops Cold War with them online so they added my account to their Xbox for them to make my account on their home Xbox...
  6. I have 1 Xbox x want another X or S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 1 Xbox x want another X or S: I have one Xbox X console in office using a Gaming monitor. Would like another console X or S for the living room 4K TV. Can I have both consoles on the same Game Pass account without logging...
  7. Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...: Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard reset, and I have also reset my xbox, but that still didn't work, what should I do to fix this?...
  8. How do I save clips from another account

in XboX Insiders
    How do I save clips from another account: I recently got the new xbox, but wasn’t able to access my old account due to not having the email or knowing the password (I’d had the account a long time), im now trying to download my clips from...
  9. Unable to connect to accounts: your Xbox network account was connected with another Epic...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to accounts: your Xbox network account was connected with another Epic...: Unable to connect to accounts: your Xbox network account was connected with another Epic Games Account. Please log in using a different Xbox network account, or switch to another Epic Games...
  10. Why am I receiving 2 strikes for saying “****” to another player?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I receiving 2 strikes for saying “****” to another player?: How does saying "You are so **** man can’t believe the garbage you get away with " constitute 2/8 strikes? Clearly messaging the player regarding the game we just played can’t understand how...