Annoying message keeps poping up in Xbox app

Discus and support Annoying message keeps poping up in Xbox app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm using windows 11. Each time I open the xbox app, it shows a message: "change your privacy settings to send messages Go to settings" I went to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Alireza Haghshenas, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Annoying message keeps poping up in Xbox app

I'm using windows 11. Each time I open the xbox app, it shows a message:

"change your privacy settings to send messages Go to settings"

I went to settings and disabled everything that allows a person to see me. I do not want to send messages. I also do not want to see this message every time I open xbox.

How can I disable this?

There is already a question about this in

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...messages/006e9096-32d7-48bb-9396-105a891c51e6 but the answer is not clear and I cannot follow it (maybe it applies to an older version of windows or xbox app)

:)

Alireza Haghshenas, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Alireza Haghshenas Win User

Hello Geri.

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I cannot follow the recommendation of reinstalling windows. I do a lot of software development with this machine and it takes days to set it up properly, so I prefer to not risk this.

As for XBox keeping to show this message, I might end up living with it, or might end up canceling the game pass and using steam.

Thank you for your help Geri.
  3. Alireza Haghshenas Win User

Hello Geri

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, I still keep getting this message.

Regards,

Alireza
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello Alireza Haghshenas,

I apologize for the late reply. Hope you are doing well today.

I feel like you still need help with your concern, and I would love to give you additional information/troubleshooting for your concern.

For me to sort it out and understand better the issue, would you mind sending to us the screenshot or a video clip showing the error please?

Make sure to conceal your personal information.

Also, try to update Windows 11, please follow the step below.

1. Download Windows 11
    2. Under Create Windows 11 Installation Media, please select the + Before you begin. From this step you will read a detailed instruction how to perform the upgrade.
    3. Please choose "Download now".
      NOTE: Please make sure to select Keep personal files and apps. Otherwise, do not continue!
    Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 11 device:

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

3. Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC and try again.

I sincerely hope we could sort this out. Furthermore, I would love if you would re-engage so we can come up together with a desirable resolution.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well.

We understand the inconvenience caused. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist you.

First, Press the Windows Button then type Services.
    Right-click over the Services App from the list of results.
    Then select Run as Administrator
    Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:
    IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager,
    Xbox Live Game Save,
    Xbox Live Networking Service,
    Gaming Services.
    Do this with each of the services listed above.
    Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic.
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.

Click Apply and OK to save changes.

Restart your PC and try to play again.

Try to sign out of the app and sign back and see if it works.

If still the problem persists, visit this article and follow some fixes there. Manage Xbox and app pop-up notifications | Xbox Support

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Annoying message keeps poping up in Xbox app - Similar Threads - Annoying message keeps

2. No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension): This is an old suspension, But a very Wrong one at that, I feel the need to contact a lawyer about this as I'm sure many others that followed guidelines and played fair and LISTENED to xbox...
  3. I can’t record clips without my game being annoying

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t record clips without my game being annoying: Whenever I record a clip on Xbox (Fortnite for example) my whole entire game freezes (lag goes up) and after the lag calms down it acts as if the controller disconnected and makes me click a box...
  4. Any help here? This is annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help here? This is annoying.: I have the Series X and am on an IPv4 connection. I’ve cleared my MAC address and set my DNS to 8.8.8.8 Primary and 8.8.4.4 Secondary but my console still won’t connect to the internet on startup....
  5. This is annoying me so much

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is annoying me so much: WHY DOES MY XBOX ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE FORTNITE ON NOT SHOW UP ON EPIC GAMES WEBSITE WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN BECAUSE IT SAYS I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT e873d897-e627-403b-92a9-73759016f3d1
  6. is it possible to mass delete friends on xbox? it’s SO ANNOYING that i have 580 cuz i was a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    is it possible to mass delete friends on xbox? it’s SO ANNOYING that i have 580 cuz i was a...: Hi, i have to many friends on xbox and it’s tiring me from clicking on every profile and unfriended manually aade106a-e519-46f4-b951-7db72e0db92c
  7. this is absolutly annoying i have got suspended forever on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    this is absolutly annoying i have got suspended forever on xbox: i cant appeal anymore ive been falsely banned and im planning to move on to sony and i spend alot on my xbox account so its unfair BADLY i hate this so bad i had near 2000 followers and 1000...
  8. How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...: I paid for a console I pay for gamepass I don't want a full screen ad I have to click past whenever I turn my console on extremely disappointed how do I make sure I never get them again...
  9. I want to turn off the annoying Banner Ads that pop up when I log into my Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to turn off the annoying Banner Ads that pop up when I log into my Xbox: I want to turn off the annoying Banner Ads that pop up when I log into my Xbox. I paid for My Xbox, I paid for the Ultimate Subscription, and My home screen is already hijacked by unwanted...
  10. Tom clancy's Rainbow Six Siege annoying

in XboX Insiders
    Tom clancy's Rainbow Six Siege annoying: i was going to upgrade to xbox series s however it does not have a disc reader. i have the game rainbow 6 siege on cd. When i looked in the microsoft store it says i have to pay 17.99$ a month to...