Annoyed that I can't game stream because of CGNAT (Perma NAT Type: Moderate)

Discus and support Annoyed that I can't game stream because of CGNAT (Perma NAT Type: Moderate) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I, like many other Australians, use 4G Wireless Home Broadband to connect to the internet. Having a moderate NAT has never really gotten in the way of... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jenkins87, Jan 21, 2020.

1. /u/Jenkins87
    /u/Jenkins87 Guest

I, like many other Australians, use 4G Wireless Home Broadband to connect to the internet. Having a moderate NAT has never really gotten in the way of enjoying games, streaming media and various other online activities, until today.

I have Optus 4G internet and Huawei modem. The modem supports UPnP and has its own NAT section of the Security settings area of the web config page. The Xbox is there automatically (as Teredo 192.168.8.132:3074->3074 UDP) confirming that UPnP is working properly.

From the research I've done, and the 45mins of power cycling and fiddling with settings, I can pretty much safely assume I'm on CGNAT 4G internet and there is no way to circumvent this without getting a completely different (and in this area, inferior) wired internet connection.

Why does the Xbox Game Streaming require an Open NAT? I am able to stream games perfectly to my Windows 10 PC without too much hassle, so long as nobody else is using the bandwidth for media streaming... I would have thought the process would have been similar for my Android phone.

Shouldn't there be 2 types of streaming options as well? Local Network and Over the Internet? I could live with not being able to use "over the internet" style because of my NAT type, but that shouldn't matter when the devices are on the same local network, should it?

There was also no warning of this prior to my adventure in setting up Game Streaming.

submitted by /u/Jenkins87
    [link] [comments]

/u/Jenkins87, Jan 21, 2020
  2. jeffazz Win User

xbox (beta) app shows moderate NAT type

That is the same as what i tried.. Tells me xbox services are ok.. NAT type Moderate.. Doesnt effect streaming nor online gaming
  3. SH0CK WAVE 0 Win User

Cant join friend's Party

your nat type can change from open to moderate or strict it is very annoying mine dose it all the time but open is the best nat type to have.
  4. Kerrmiester G Win User

Having Lag Problems.

I'm having the same problem, on fifa and battlefield. Really annoying because It was working fine until yesterday, now the games are unplayable. My nat type also changes from open, to moderate. Is there anything that can be done?
  5. Gary Tylock Win User

Can you please help

How do I get my Nat type off of moderate because I just looked at my Nat
  6. visage1370 Win User

COD Vanguard connection issues

I will uninstall the game then install see if it makes any difference. I know having a moderate NAT type shouldnt make your connection sluggish but i think it is making a difference because when i first bought the game the NAT type was open
Thema:

1. Annoyed that I can't game stream because of CGNAT (Perma NAT Type: Moderate) - Similar Threads - Annoyed can't game

2. No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension): This is an old suspension, But a very Wrong one at that, I feel the need to contact a lawyer about this as I'm sure many others that followed guidelines and played fair and LISTENED to xbox...
  3. I can’t record clips without my game being annoying

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t record clips without my game being annoying: Whenever I record a clip on Xbox (Fortnite for example) my whole entire game freezes (lag goes up) and after the lag calms down it acts as if the controller disconnected and makes me click a box...
  4. Any help here? This is annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help here? This is annoying.: I have the Series X and am on an IPv4 connection. I’ve cleared my MAC address and set my DNS to 8.8.8.8 Primary and 8.8.4.4 Secondary but my console still won’t connect to the internet on startup....
  5. This is annoying me so much

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is annoying me so much: WHY DOES MY XBOX ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE FORTNITE ON NOT SHOW UP ON EPIC GAMES WEBSITE WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN BECAUSE IT SAYS I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT e873d897-e627-403b-92a9-73759016f3d1
  6. is it possible to mass delete friends on xbox? it’s SO ANNOYING that i have 580 cuz i was a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    is it possible to mass delete friends on xbox? it’s SO ANNOYING that i have 580 cuz i was a...: Hi, i have to many friends on xbox and it’s tiring me from clicking on every profile and unfriended manually aade106a-e519-46f4-b951-7db72e0db92c
  7. this is absolutly annoying i have got suspended forever on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    this is absolutly annoying i have got suspended forever on xbox: i cant appeal anymore ive been falsely banned and im planning to move on to sony and i spend alot on my xbox account so its unfair BADLY i hate this so bad i had near 2000 followers and 1000...
  8. How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...: I paid for a console I pay for gamepass I don't want a full screen ad I have to click past whenever I turn my console on extremely disappointed how do I make sure I never get them again...
  9. I want to turn off the annoying Banner Ads that pop up when I log into my Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to turn off the annoying Banner Ads that pop up when I log into my Xbox: I want to turn off the annoying Banner Ads that pop up when I log into my Xbox. I paid for My Xbox, I paid for the Ultimate Subscription, and My home screen is already hijacked by unwanted...
  10. Tom clancy's Rainbow Six Siege annoying

in XboX Insiders
    Tom clancy's Rainbow Six Siege annoying: i was going to upgrade to xbox series s however it does not have a disc reader. i have the game rainbow 6 siege on cd. When i looked in the microsoft store it says i have to pay 17.99$ a month to...