An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

Discus and support An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Joker28CR, May 22, 2024.

1. /u/Joker28CR
    /u/Joker28CR Guest

Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the game. There are games that for specific reasons people prefer to play in the way they came in the disc. Consider it, please.

submitted by /u/Joker28CR
    [link] [comments]

/u/Joker28CR, May 22, 2024
  2. RaGe x Sniper Win User

Xbox Question.

Disable mandatory system updates. They always pop up at the worst times and take way longer than they really should given their size. It's really not that hard to make them optional
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Stupid updates

unless the update comes out just as you want to play the game and you only have 30 minutes for a quick game, and it so happens to be a multiplayer game, going offline not an option, updating later not an option, mandatory updates should be done away with.
  4. ngocphi Win User

xbox one - copy disc game to hard drive

It was a xbox one feature but unfortunately due to the protest and phil spencer resigning shortly after they added a day one mandatory patch that removed it

Phils successor promises to llook into it as an optional future update
  5. Arkham99 Win User

Xbox 360 2012 System Update

It's better than the last one (December 2011 Update), but then again that's not saying much. The one glaring improvement, in my opinion, is that the avatars are bigger again which allows for you to actually read what's on their T-Shirts, and Hats, etc.
    Unfortunately, the ads and other unnecessary clutter also take up more space and themes are now pretty much a thing of the past. Forcing us to download these mandatory updates is B.S., they should be completely optional...:)
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Move external hard drive from one Xbox One (s) console to another (x)?

Yep. All that 4K goodness can come at a cost in download size. Prior to the One X's launch in 2017, a system update added the option to let first-gen and One S owners download 4K-related updates in advance if they were planning on moving to One X in the
    near future. The option doesn't exist on One X consoles because the 4K updates are mandatory there.
Thema:

1. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added - Similar Threads - option disable mandatory

2. upnp cant be fixed despite trying all options

in XBoX on Consoles
    upnp cant be fixed despite trying all options: Hi, I have an xbox one s and i have just moved in with a relative. ever since i had gotten my xbox set up here at my new residence ive had this problem where my internet says "upnp not succesful"...
  3. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  4. More screen size options then having it stretch

in XBoX Accessibility
    More screen size options then having it stretch: Please add support up too 3440x1440 or add bars eaa81d30-d9ce-4823-a09c-a7e0446e84fc
  5. Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...: I can't stress this enough - I hate that Quick Actions Toggle in the Xbox App with a burning passion. It has without a doubt ruined any chance of me making video content using console streaming....
  6. Option to Disable Quick Resume...

in XboX Insiders
    Option to Disable Quick Resume...: There needs to be an option to turn off quick resume. While this feature has potential to be good, it does not work correctly with any games that I play, but there is no option to disable it....
  7. Feature request: Option to disable "turn on Xbox when turning on Wireless headsets"

in XboX Insiders
    Feature request: Option to disable "turn on Xbox when turning on Wireless headsets": Hi. I hope the Xbox team is reading this subreddit. This is a direct feature request for Xbox. Headsets paired with an Xbox wirelessly will automatically turn on the console, with no way to...
  8. How do I fix Minecraft's multiplayer disabled option?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix Minecraft's multiplayer disabled option?: Hey, Elijah here. I've tried everything people have told me to. I've adjusted the age setting, left the family group, allowed access to specific settings on my xbox account, everything. I need...
  9. Will be there an option to disable turning on console for Xbox Wireless Headset? (Anoying...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will be there an option to disable turning on console for Xbox Wireless Headset? (Anoying...: Hello Is there an option for developers to add setting that allow to disable turning on console for Xbox Wireless Headset? Every time I turn on my headset for purpose of pc or phone usage my xbox...
  10. Can you implement an option to disable on screen keyboard when there is physical keyboard...

in XboX Insiders
    Can you implement an option to disable on screen keyboard when there is physical keyboard...: Just as the title say. submitted by /u/Ali-dmc666 [link] [comments]