An old version of minecraft randomly installed

Discus and support An old version of minecraft randomly installed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. Today i wanted to play minecraft on my xbox one s. I inserted the cd (I have played it a lot of times before, so it is installed and at its... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by asi9434, Feb 27, 2023.

1. asi9434
    asi9434 Guest

Hello. Today i wanted to play minecraft on my xbox one s. I inserted the cd (I have played it a lot of times before, so it is installed and at its newest version, 1.19.6) and I noticed that it’s not auto-launching. When i entered the xbox menu I noticed a new minecraft app was downloading and after a few minutes it launched. It’s an old version of minecraft (1.20) and now whenever I insert the mc cd it’s launching that instead of the new version. Both of the versions work fine but I don’t know why it downloaded the second one (with no internet connection). Also, I restarted my xbox and it did nothing, so it isn’t a glitch.

Anyone know what it happened?

(btw in the photo the old version has the xbox live text written above)

An old version of minecraft randomly installed [​IMG]

An old version of minecraft randomly installed [​IMG]

:)

asi9434, Feb 27, 2023
  2. asi9434 Win User

I didn’t try. I’m going to do it now.

Update: I uninstalled it and when i insert the cd it installed again
  3. Rostom L Win User

You're welcome. I appreciate your patience and time here in our community.

Take care!
  4. asi9434 Win User

I will! Thank you for your help and time!
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Have you tried to remove or uninstall the old version instead? Or it just starts to install again once you insert your disc?
  6. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for trying. Maybe that's how it really works as your game disc is old already and contains old game files. The system may not be able to detect and match it with the current version and thinking it's a different/new game. The good thing there is that you're still able to play the newest version.

If you want to provide a feedback or report the issue, you could report it via Report a problem app so it will be reviewed by the Xbox team and might be fixed in future updates. Check the guide here in reporting an issue https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
Thema:

1. An old version of minecraft randomly installed - Similar Threads - old version minecraft

2. How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?: I downloaded the new version, but i hate it. I want to revert it back. How do i do it? And no, i don't wanna hear "OoH iTs SoO gOoD" . I wanna revert to the windows 8 version with the adventure...
  3. I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?: I have battlefield 2042 but its the X/S version and everyone i want to play with has the xbox one version can we play together or is it not possible eb8efcd9-f01f-4323-a6b2-eefd861a3bd5
  4. New machine need to install old minecraft version which I purchased in 2021. I can't find a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New machine need to install old minecraft version which I purchased in 2021. I can't find a...: [img] I lost my pc which has minecraft installed which i purchased in 2021. Now I want to install the same product in the new laptop. In order history even though I can see the purchase, I cannot...
  5. Can I change the version of minecraft on xbox serier X/S? I want to play on the old...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I change the version of minecraft on xbox serier X/S? I want to play on the old...: Can I change the version of minecraft on xbox serier X/S? I want to play on the old versions of minecraft. I think back then it wasn't called bedrock edition yet. If yes then how?...
  6. Minecraft bedrock stuck in old version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock stuck in old version: I havent played my minecraft recently, and i managed to get my minecraft into an older version and i have enjoyed that for a while, its version is 1.16.1, but now i want to play in the new version...
  7. Minecraft world synced old version of world please help!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft world synced old version of world please help!!: Minecraft world syncd an old version of my world. I was logging into the world as I normally would and all of a sudden I was playing an old version of my world... half the stuff that I had was...
  8. On minecraft. My world synced to a 4 month old version of its self, and i really need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On minecraft. My world synced to a 4 month old version of its self, and i really need help: Hello. so i have this world i have been playing on for months, and i have sunk hours into it. A while back i went to my cousins house when my world was just beginning, and i synced the data from...
  9. Just bought xbox one minecraft at Walmart but it's old version??

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Just bought xbox one minecraft at Walmart but it's old version??: Hello I recently got an Xbox one finally. I have been an Xbox live member since approx 2001. I have owned xbox, xbox 360 and now finally xbox one. I upgraded to get access to all the newest games....
  10. Minecraft - can I access old worlds if I swap from the disc to the download version of the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - can I access old worlds if I swap from the disc to the download version of the ...: My boys seem to be playing a lot of minecraft (I'm a bad parent I know) but was disappointed to discover you can't copy the game on to the hard drive so am concerned the xbox console is being...