''an illegal state change was requested'' how can i fix it?

Discus and support ''an illegal state change was requested'' how can i fix it? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi,im currently facing a problem related to my xbox live account.Recently,someone hacked into my minecraft account and changed the email.Long story... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by George Ziros, Dec 2, 2022.

1. George Ziros
    George Ziros Guest

Hi,im currently facing a problem related to my xbox live account.Recently,someone hacked into my minecraft account and changed the email.Long story short,i managed to get the account back on my email.However,now that I try to login,xbox live says it cant log me in my xbox account,followed by the message"'an illegal state change was requested''How can i fix it?

''an illegal state change was requested'' how can i fix it? [​IMG]

:)

George Ziros, Dec 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi George, usually one of the methods listed above works
    But in some cases we need to perform other solutions if that doesn’t work

Keep me posted ;)
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi George, thanks for the extra information!

I can suggest you other things in this case:

0. Try signing with your account on the Xbox app, Minecraft launcher and related services on a different PC when possible

Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

Try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

3. try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:
    1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.
    If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.
    Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  4. George Ziros Win User

Alright,I will try them and im going to let you know how it goes.Will one of these methods work?
  5. George Ziros Win User

Hello,im doing good,thanks for asking

1st question: I recovered my account through the following mail that microsoft sent me
    [​IMG]

Obviously,this wasn't me,so i tapped on review recent activity,followed the process and my minecraft account was back on my initial email and I managed to get it back.

2nd question:It doesn't happen only when I try to sign in the Minecraft launcher,it is happening across all the Xbox services.

3rd question:I have tried reseting the app of Xbox and the app named Microsoft store,but it did not work.

Im open to further communication!
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this George

If you don’t mind please tell me, how did you recovered your account exactly?
    Also, is this happening only when you try to sign in the Minecraft launcher?

Or is this happening across all the Xbox services?
    (Xbox app, Xbox console companion app, Microsoft store, Xbox.com)

Also, please tell me briefly what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
Thema:

1. ''an illegal state change was requested'' how can i fix it? - Similar Threads - ''an illegal state

2. Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...: Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a permanent console ban? 70fc8331-939e-413d-85c0-bcc8d88bbffe
  3. Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...: Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a permanent console ban? 0ba05f79-6a5d-4d1f-9ffb-24d2a4d757d2
  4. I ever used illegal version of minecraft on java neither on bedrock and I even share that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ever used illegal version of minecraft on java neither on bedrock and I even share that...: I feel really sorry for this and now I know that was wrong and I don't really know what should i do 4f1d5b2b-e588-4b53-b900-4ff6de71156d
  5. MY ERROR IS AN ILLEGAL STATE CHANGE HAS BEEN REQUESTED

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MY ERROR IS AN ILLEGAL STATE CHANGE HAS BEEN REQUESTED: I WANT TO SIGN IN MY ASPHALT 9 XBOX ACCOUNT AND WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN WITH THE PHONE NUMBER IT SHOWS AN ILEEGAL STATE CHANGE HAS BEEN REQUESTED AND WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN WITH THE GMAIL IT SHOWS...
  6. Truly unpleasant interaction with Microsoft. Should it be illegal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Truly unpleasant interaction with Microsoft. Should it be illegal?: Microsoft erroneously blamed me for typing a profane message in an online chat and then penalized me by withholding my access to said service. I paid Microsoft a significant amount of money...
  7. How can I Fix the "An illegal state Change was Requested" Issue when trying to sign into...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I Fix the "An illegal state Change was Requested" Issue when trying to sign into...: Operating System: Latest Version of Windows 10 Platform: Desktop PC I redeemed a Windows Key I had been holding on to for Forza Horizon 3 as I finally have time to play it. However, I had not...
  8. Report and Resolve XBOX user that is illegally using my email address.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Report and Resolve XBOX user that is illegally using my email address.: I have been receiving emails from XBOX (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) using my email address for user "GoldHoney363881"but I do not own an XBOX or have an XBOX...
  9. Illegal instruction error when launching Persona 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Illegal instruction error when launching Persona 5: Some people say that its because of my processor (i7 979) but Ive been able to run even more hardware heavy games like rdr2 in the past so I dont really understand...
  10. is it illegal to sell my xbox and Microsoft account information for instance someone buying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it illegal to sell my xbox and Microsoft account information for instance someone buying...: is it illegal to sell my xbox and Microsoft account information for instance someone buying access to play my games 7124738a-ec15-4bfe-86f0-294fce001ebe