An Error code is blocking me from playing or downloading any games on gamepass for PC

Discus and support An Error code is blocking me from playing or downloading any games on gamepass for PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since this morning I have been unable to play or download any games on the xbox app for Windows. I have had game pass for about a year now and never... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vittorn, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Vittorn
    Vittorn Guest

An Error code is blocking me from playing or downloading any games on gamepass for PC

Since this morning I have been unable to play or download any games on the xbox app for Windows. I have had game pass for about a year now and never had this issue, but suddenly...no games. The error code is 0x80004005. I have also had a nightmare experience dealing with microsoft xbox and windows support. I have spent 3 hours on the phone, mostly on hold, with various representatives none of whom have been able to solve my problem. They have tried everything from re-installing the xbox app, re-installing the gamesservices within task manager as well as all of the obvious troubleshooting one would expect. Most frustrating of all has been the system Microsoft uses for phone support. I would be passed around from agent to agent, very few of whom had any idea what to do, and each time they passed me i spent another 30 minutes on hold. While on hold i would receive several phone calls from the SAME MICROSOFT PHONE NUMBER I WAS ON HOLD ON asking me if I was Sergio(I am not) who also needed help. I was eventually hung up on after a particularly long hold period and have lost a lot of faith in Microsoft as a company. I am extremely frustrated and still unable to play any of the games i pay a monthly fee to have access to. If an employee at microsoft happens to see this, the most helpful of the many agents I talked to gave me this case number: 7010830364 (another agent then told me he couldn't find it), please help.

:)

Vittorn, Dec 16, 2022
  2. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

We totally understand your sentiments for not being able to play your Xbox app games for Windows due to error code 0x80004005. This is not the experience Microsoft wishes you to have with our Live Support Team and about this error. As your Support Advisor, I will work with you in finding the best possible solution to this problem.

We know that you've spent a lot of time trying to consult our live support regarding about this matter, but this time, we may need to ask a few questions to better understand the situation, such as:

• What Windows build and version are you using? - click Start menu > type WINVER > hit Enter
    • What is your device make and model? kindly include full specifications
    • What specific process did you perform before this problem occur?
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of the error
    This time, we will bother you again in performing the recommended troubleshooting methods we have gathered to possibly resolve this issue. Please feel free to skip the method if your done performing it.

• RESTART your device

- this sounds very basic but most common reason of error code 0x80004005 is software glitch so try RESTARTING your device
    • Install pending Windows update
    1. open Windows Settings
    2. click Update & Security
    3. on the left pane, select Windows Update
    4. check for updates then hit RESTART NOW to install
    • Reinstall Gaming Services in PowerShell - you mentioned that your done doing within Task Manager, this time kindly try it on Power Shell
    1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    We just want to verify, did you use the Xbox Support website to initiate the consultation in live support? or did you use a toll free number to initiate the call?

This is the only option you have to initiate the a consultation to our Xbox Live Support:

1. Visit this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side of the page and make sure it matches your country/region. If not please click the country/region and choose the right one.

[​IMG]

3. On the upper right-hand side of the page, you will see the contact times of support. Please make sure to contact during the available contact times.
    4. Select the "Contact Us" button
    5. Select the following drop-down menu options in the following order:

[​IMG]

6. Describe your issue then Select Next
    7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    We hope this help.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread in the future, so if you need more help, create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Leonardo_Y

Microsoft Moderator
  4. II DIDIER II Win User

game pass ultimate on xbox and pc

The game pass ultimate subscription is divided into 3: xbox / pc / xbox and pc /
    The name of gamepass ultimate corresponds to the fact that it has a gold subscription to be able to play online.
    You can access the microsoft store from your pc and try to download any game that you want to enjoy the service, if it allows you to download it without the need for another subscription, you have the console and pc gamepass.
  5. NHunter0 Win User

How to solve "error code 0x80004005" for xbox gamepass app on Windows 10?

The only thing from that video that works is creating a desktop icon but that doesn't solve the issue of me getting the same error code when I try to download a new game on gamepass.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

I paid for Xbox game pass for the pc but didn't get it.

download the xbox app and sign in with your account that has gamepass pc, then download the games from gamepass pc.
Thema:

1. An Error code is blocking me from playing or downloading any games on gamepass for PC - Similar Threads - Error code blocking

2. error code 80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 80070570: There was a problem with the system update, cant do anything to get past error message 7b2bd9e3-790c-40ec-8377-750d9088aafe
  3. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  4. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  5. Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...: Trying to install my xbox series x update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301, "There was a problem with the update." Needing help...
  6. I keep getting error code 80190005 while all servers are only

in XboX Insiders
    I keep getting error code 80190005 while all servers are only: What is happening submitted by /u/KingPanda7799 [link] [comments]
  7. An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code

in XBoX on Windows
    An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code: An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. eea05149-ed93-4189-bc71-fccd07064838
  8. how to fix error code 0x8027025a

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix error code 0x8027025a: everytime i try playing my external storage games this code always pops up and it starts bugging my xbox and its literally unplayable 52eafcc1-2bc1-4132-8c26-275d9030b71f
  9. Xbox series x error code 0x80830003

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x error code 0x80830003: Hey, So I've recently been getting this persistent and extremely frustrating error code 0x80830003 when trying to play skyrim I haven't played it for a little while but it worked fine just last...
  10. Cannot block or remove this person from my friendslist . error code 0x87c4000c

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot block or remove this person from my friendslist . error code 0x87c4000c: Every time I try to remove this certain person i'm unable to. I get an error saying please try again later. Error code 0x87c4000c. That code doesn't exist. This has been happening for 2 weeks....