An app running on Edge on Xbox does not receive an onPause event when the app is in the...

Discus and support An app running on Edge on Xbox does not receive an onPause event when the app is in the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On the MS Edge versions (~ post 5/20/2022, unfortunately I do not have the exact Edge version details) on Xbox Console, it is seen that we do not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Uttara Joshi, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Uttara Joshi
    Uttara Joshi Guest

An app running on Edge on Xbox does not receive an onPause event when the app is in the...

On the MS Edge versions (~ post 5/20/2022, unfortunately I do not have the exact Edge version details) on Xbox Console, it is seen that we do not receive an onPause event in our web application for the audio/video media elements when the browser is put into background by say, pressing the Xbox Home button to open up another app.
    Is this intended behavior?

On previous Edge versions, it was the noticed that the media element would get paused when the app/browser was put in the background and upon bringing the app into foreground again, we could detect the paused state and then try to unpause the audio/video.

:)

Uttara Joshi, Mar 27, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

An app running on Edge on Xbox does not receive an onPause event when the app is in the background

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Uttara, what would be the type of application you are referring to on the Xbox Edge?

The browser got some updates along with the console, some feautures may have been removed, or it's a bug.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

What is going on with framerate in several Windows Applications?

the xbox app does not run the cleanest, i had this issue too when i was using windows 10 and enabling vrr in graghics settings and also selecting fullscreen and windowed under nvidia gsync settings seemed to fix it, not sure if it will for yours.

i also had a similar issue when i was running edge or had edge open when using the xbox app.
  4. Claudio Casonato Win User

Silverlight on Xbox 360

Thanks.

I know it does not work in Xbox One as it runs Edge.

But... there is a Windows phone app for SkyGo, running on both WP8.1 and WP10.

Is there a way to run WP apps on Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

Bye
  5. ThomasK_80 Win User

Xbox Game pass (Xcloud) laggy and pixalated on high speed networks on Android.

I can use the xbox cloud on browser in germany. Edge at that. No problems, quality is fine.

Running this via App on PC OR the box itself does not work.

For me it seems they have different servers on that matter, and the ones using the app are just overcrowded.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Microsoft Edge crashing

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the issue! Do you happen to have other apps running in the background as you are using Edge? If so, try closing any other apps running and let the Edge browser run on its own to see if the issue pops up again.

If the issue does persist, our next recommendation will be to
    uninstall and reinstall the app

Keep us posted!
Thema:

1. An app running on Edge on Xbox does not receive an onPause event when the app is in the... - Similar Threads - app running Edge

2. How many games and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many games and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time?: How many game('s) and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time, because I want to know if I can run 1 game and two apps (Simple background music player / Dolby access) running in the...
  3. My Xbox screen is blue while I can hear the apps running In the back. What is this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox screen is blue while I can hear the apps running In the back. What is this?: My Xbox screen is dark blue while I can hear my Xbox make noises when I click on something but I can’t see anything at all c2f8a5c0-1ffd-4d0c-b461-297190db415f
  4. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  5. For some reason my character runs very fast every time I play a map from minecraft pe maps app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some reason my character runs very fast every time I play a map from minecraft pe maps app: *removed for privacy*@gmail.com Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / OneDrive / For home / Android 27c6759d-5ca4-4d5e-94e8-bd55336b30a1
  6. Gaming on the Xbox app runs laptop hot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming on the Xbox app runs laptop hot: Gaming on the Xbox app runs the laptop hot, whereas gaming on Steam runs cool. I turn the fans on full for both apps. I was just wondering why the Xbox app performs like this in comparison to...
  7. White spot in center of screen when running Wireless Dusplay app on Xbox One

in XBoX Accessibility
    White spot in center of screen when running Wireless Dusplay app on Xbox One: Only happens when using Wireless Display da626e87-faa3-470a-a60c-c27420ee01e3
  8. How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...: I installed Starfiled gamepass edition on my Windows 10 PC. No issues, it runs well. When I log into the same PC using my work account, the Xbox app does see Starfield or other games that are...
  9. I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.: Everytime I do it it tells me to pick my account. I choose my account, however everytime it takes a moment saying "signing in" then only for it to show up with the same message over and over...
  10. Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11: Hi, I just received my new laptop and have spent the whole day installing all updates/patches. Upon launching the Xbox app, it comes up with a welcome page saying the laptop comes with free Game...