America and Canada friends

Discus and support America and Canada friends in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have a gamer buddy in Canada and I reside in America. I tried buying a game for my buddy in Canada. I got the digital Gift code and sent it to him.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Exalted Psyche, Feb 8, 2023.

1. America and Canada friends

I have a gamer buddy in Canada and I reside in America. I tried buying a game for my buddy in Canada. I got the digital Gift code and sent it to him. The code did not work on his end because he lives in a different regions. Is there a way to purchase games for other country?? I already paid for the game and would like to gift it - is this easy fix?

:)

Exalted Psyche, Feb 8, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would have to purchase from a retailer that sells codes for their region. You wouldn't be able to gift it through Xbox.
  3. dysonsFear Win User

Canada is in North America!!!!!!!

It's not available on XBL in Canada due to some weird rights issues involving some of the movies. Rights issues that don't effect Sony. Once/if they're cleared up, we'll get Movie Night.

Remember, we share the same continent, but we're different countries and don't have the same trade agreements that the EU nations have with each other.
  4. bigdaddy1622 Win User

Nothing about switching over one game.......this isn't the first game that has been on live arcade that has been available in the USA and not Canada!!!
  5. Saul Goode77 Win User

[quote user="bigdaddy1622"]

I was hoping more along the lines of them thinking about it from a business point of view where they could lose us Canadians from their business with Sony Playstation treating Canadians better

[/quote]

Okay, I'll admit I'm a bit jealous, but I'm not going to switch sides just for Scene it? The game is fun and all, but after a while it gets stale. And from the looks of it, you're going to have to keep buying DLC to get new content.
  6. Saul Goode77 Win User

I don't think it works like that. North America means nothing to them. It's USA and Canada. I can only guess that a lot of it has to do with the different Laws that each country has. Just look at Netflix, the Canadian version has a lot less content then
    the USA one.

As for 1 vs 100, not sure about that...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was available in the US too.

I'm not dissagreeing with you at all! I definitely think we should have the same content as them. Maybe someday....
Thema:

1. America and Canada friends - Similar Threads - America Canada friends

2. Can you buy an Xbox one controller through Microsoft in the uk and have it shipped to America?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you buy an Xbox one controller through Microsoft in the uk and have it shipped to America?: Hi there guys I was wondering if you was able to buy an Xbox one controller through Microsoft in the uk and have it sent to America or is that not a thing as my friend recently moved to the states...
  3. Can Xbox Series X console in North America play PAL versions of Xbox360 games such as...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Xbox Series X console in North America play PAL versions of Xbox360 games such as...: Can the Xbox Series X console in North America play PAL versions of Xbox360 games such as Batman Origin that are backward compatible? a9ea3257-895f-477c-ab5e-ad63ddbfcff3
  4. When can xbox game pass for pc be available throughout Central America

in XBoX on Windows
    When can xbox game pass for pc be available throughout Central America: When I installed the xbox app for pc I was going to log in with my Microsoft account and when I did something happened with the app it says that xbox game pass for pc is not available in your...
  5. My Xbox won’t connect to internet after moving from America to japan

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t connect to internet after moving from America to japan: I just moved to Japan from the United States and am trying to connect to Japanese wifi. My phone is able to connect but my Xbox is not. The connection is wireless and I don’t have an Ethernet...
  6. xbox family game pass needs to be available in America

in XboX Insiders
    xbox family game pass needs to be available in America: xbox family game pass needs to be available in America submitted by /u/mehstar1 [link] [comments]
  7. if my life is threatened over a game from some 30year old guy in America what do I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my life is threatened over a game from some 30year old guy in America what do I do?: so I was playing gtav till I loaded into a server where a 30ish year old man was trash talking a bunch of people he was killing so I played the [mod removed] song over my mic and when it finished...
  8. what will i lose if i switch for America to Canada

in XBoX Accessibility
    what will i lose if i switch for America to Canada: my friend bought me a dlc for a game but i live in America and hes in canada so i want to know if i switch it to there what will i lose 075ba6fa-cae9-44c4-bdee-324389e94c39
  9. Does Xbox One Game Pass Code, purchased from Canada, work with America USA consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox One Game Pass Code, purchased from Canada, work with America USA consoles?: Hi, i have a XBOX One Game pass purchased from BestBuy.ca, I was wondering if i were to sell it, will the code work with America consoles as well? Thanks! d5a1014f-1df0-4880-9cdb-42807ed22f91
  10. Will games from America/Canada work in the uk?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will games from America/Canada work in the uk?: yeah i was thinking of getting nascar 14 in canada and bringing it home to the uk is it worth buying or won't it work? 709c192d-b3d0-4ffa-b5d2-325ea48cefa6