Ambassador Program - There Should be an 18+ Age Requirement

Discus and support Ambassador Program - There Should be an 18+ Age Requirement in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I myself am a new ambassador and I thought, this is great! I have been a gold subscriber for over 8 years. I was really excited about joining and have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by II R4T3D X II, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Ambassador Program - There Should be an 18+ Age Requirement

I myself am a new ambassador and I thought, this is great! I have been a gold subscriber for over 8 years. I was really excited about joining and have been working through the academy information/quizzes since I joined. Then, I made the mistake of using
    the ambassador chat myself when I had a question about setting up my Xbox One. The first thing the person I was connected to did was ask me for my e-mail address and password. As I was typing "You aren't allowed to ask me that" he/she sent me a string of lewd
    messages indicating that he wanted nude pictures because he "needs a ***". I took screenshots of the conversation and immediately called tech support to a) get a real answer to my question and b) report the incident.

Is this the caliber of person you want representing the "best of the Xbox Community"? Because if so... I can see why no one but pre-pubescent teens play over Xbox Live anymore. I'm sorry, but requirements like "1500 Gamerscore" should be put aside for something
    more substantial like "Must be 18 years old and complete a formal customer service training course" or something like that.

Anyway, as a new ambassador, I'm going to do my best to make up for abusive idiots who want to smear the community and make everyone who contributes look bad. But I hope that Microsoft improves the screening process for ambassadors in the near future.

:)

II R4T3D X II, Jan 6, 2014
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    want to be apart of the enforcement team

The rules of the xbox enforcement united are clear to be part of the program:

Ambassador

(Beta-only requirement)

You must be a member of the Xbox LIVE Ambassadors program.

Tenure

You must meet our minimum Gold tenure period.

Gamerscore

You must meet our gamerscore requirements.

You must be at least 18 years of age or older.

Xbox Live Gold subscriber

You must have an active Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.

To be eligible for the program you should fulfill all the requirements.

M3tal Daz3, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Fyer
    Fyer Guest
    Joining Enforcement Team

The requirements are listed
    right here on the FAQ page
    of the Ambassador program. At this time the Enforcement program is only open to members of the Ambassador program because it is in beta.

Q: What are the requirements for becoming an Ambassador?

To qualify for the Ambassadors program, you must:

Be at least 13 years of age or older

Have at least 1500 Gamerscore

Have no prior Enforcement actions against your account

Have an active Xbox Live Gold Membership

Fyer, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Ambassador Program - There Should be an 18+ Age Requirement

The biggest mistake they made was giving out rewards for taking part,remove them and half will quit instantly.

The complete lack of knowledge shown by some of the ambassadors that post here is incredible.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 6, 2014
  5. The Ambassador program is constantly filtered for idiots.

I would personally not be happy if the rewards were taken away.

You should be rewarded. Its a huge amount of work done for Microsoft that goes unpaid.

Must save them millions in admin wages every year. So a few avatar clothes is nothing really is it?

CAPTAIN BUMFISH, Jan 6, 2014
  6. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    You took screenshots? That is awesome. What you need to do now is send a PM to Miss Ermine, who is the Community Manager for ambassadors. Upload the screen shots and forward the link to her as well. This should get the situation resolved quickly.

forums.xbox.com/.../442533.aspx
    That is a post by Miss Ermine. Click the green envelope undernher second post to send a PM. Also if you would like you can also tweet @xboxsupport to also have then take a look at the issue

x24hrs2livex, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Thanks for that info. I will definitely do that.

II R4T3D X II, Jan 6, 2014
  8. Ambassador Program - There Should be an 18+ Age Requirement

[quote user="DADDY BENNY"]You should be rewarded. Its a huge amount of work done for Microsoft that goes unpaid.

Must save them millions in admin wages every year. So a few avatar clothes is nothing really is it?[/quote]

I don`t begrudge the good ambassadors getting the rewards,they deserve them.

My problem is the ones you see posting here moaning about how many people they helped and their XP isn`t updating,or why the number on their logo is a 3 when it should be 4.

These are the people that have no interest in helping others,they are in it only for personal gain.

If you go onto the support forums you can see these people using the copy and paste method of just repeating what someone else has already posted,and getting credit for it.

My favourite is when someone posts a question on an already answered thread and the ambassador,instead of answering their question, tells them to create a new thread,so when they answer it they get the credit.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 6, 2014
  9. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    [quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[quote user="DADDY BENNY"]You should be rewarded. Its a huge amount of work done for Microsoft that goes unpaid.

Must save them millions in admin wages every year. So a few avatar clothes is nothing really is it?[/quote]

I don`t begrudge the good ambassadors getting the rewards,they deserve them.

My problem is the ones you see posting here moaning about how many people they helped and their XP isn`t updating,or why the number on their logo is a 3 when it should be 4.

These are the people that have no interest in helping others,they are in it only for personal gain.

If you go onto the support forums you can see these people using the copy and paste method of just repeating what someone else has already posted,and getting credit for it.

My favourite is when someone posts a question on an already answered thread and the ambassador,instead of answering their question, tells them to create a new thread,so when they answer it they get the credit.

[/quote]

OWEN is pretty much spot on with his thoughts. Its actually quite alarming the amount of Ambassadors who want rewards and complain that the rewards are not good enough. Regardlessof the fact that you are pproviding free labor you knew that when you signed
    up. Besides if you are one of the really good ambassadors you will get rewards. Better than the ones offered in the program

x24hrs2livex, Jan 6, 2014
  10. how do you get into the ambassador program?

Faloutwarrior, Jan 23, 2014
  11. SwampDawgg
    SwampDawgg Guest
    Hi Faloutwarrior. Follow the link to the Ambassadors page. The "apply" button is on top row. Have a good one

SwampDawgg, Jan 23, 2014
  12. [quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

The biggest mistake they made was giving out rewards for taking part,remove them and half will quit instantly.

The complete lack of knowledge shown by some of the ambassadors that post here is incredible.

[/quote]

That's when the program took a nosedive.

BizarroMantis, Jan 23, 2014
  13. Ambassador Program - There Should be an 18+ Age Requirement

I agree with what you said above

seanracing6928, Jan 24, 2014
  14. Jyxa
    Jyxa Guest
    I wouldn't object to a formal customer service training course. That is because, of course, I'm an amateur at the program. Not afraid to admit such a thing. What other ideas do you have to improve the program? You bring up a very good point when it comes
    to being given the status of "Xbox Live Ambassador". I wouldn't want some troll representing the Xbox community either.

15. LegionMule40
    LegionMule40 Guest
    I kinda agree to this. I am also not 18 i am 17. 18 year olds kinda have more info to help people.

LegionMule40, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Ambassador Program - There Should be an 18+ Age Requirement

1. Ambassador Program - There Should be an 18+ Age Requirement - Similar Threads - Ambassador Program Should

2. Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account: EDIT: I see it says Xbox ambassador on my profile on the forms, but I can't view the ambassador page and it says I was removed Hey Everyone, I went to join the Xbox ambassadors and for some...
  3. I was removed from ambassador program, i emailed a VERY long email couple weeks ago, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was removed from ambassador program, i emailed a VERY long email couple weeks ago, and...: I was removed from ambassador program, i emailed a VERY long email couple weeks ago, and was ignored, no response... Theres NOTHING on my acct saying why i was removed, i havnt been suspended or...
  4. i got removed from xbox ambassadors program without an explanation

in XBoX Accessibility
    i got removed from xbox ambassadors program without an explanation: One of my xbox friends contacted me stating that he no longer saw my xbox ambassador logo. I went to log into my xbox ambassador account and it said I was removed but didn't give me an...
  5. how can i gain more points on the ambassador program?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i gain more points on the ambassador program?: how can i gain more points on the ambassador program? 35d66dd3-61d6-461f-a4e4-2742100de576
  6. Why Did My Account Get Locked The Moment I Joined The Ambassador Program?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Did My Account Get Locked The Moment I Joined The Ambassador Program?: Hello I recently was locked out of my account on xbox live… i’ve gone through the appeal review to ask why this had happened yet i’ve gotten 0 responses and i need help to understand what i’ve...
  7. Xbox Ambassadors Program Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Ambassadors Program Problem: Hi, So i've had this problem for like 2 weeks where i have not been able to use the xbox ambassador program because it says i got removed from it, but i'm 100% sure i have not done anything...
  8. Is it possible for me to rejoin the Xbox ambassadors program.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible for me to rejoin the Xbox ambassadors program.: A while ago I joined the Xbox ambassadors program but after I was kicked to a report that was my first and only offense on Xbox. I want to know if there is anyway to rejoin. I’ve tried Microsoft...
  9. Xbox ambassador program removed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox ambassador program removed: I've been trying to become an Xbox ambassador but nine months now, but whenever I try to join it says I've been removed from the program. I don't recall doing any of the things listed below is...
  10. I want to leave the Xbox ambassador program

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to leave the Xbox ambassador program: I want to leave the Xbox ambassador program 819c5a8f-8348-44a9-b612-07f849b7cdf8