Am I getting the most out of my Xbox One X?

Discus and support Am I getting the most out of my Xbox One X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use a 55" VIZIO M55-C2 (2015 model). I've updated the firmware on the TV but there is no option to turn on HDR or anything of the sort in the TV's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cooler King CVH, Nov 29, 2018.

  1. Am I getting the most out of my Xbox One X?


    I use a 55" VIZIO M55-C2 (2015 model). I've updated the firmware on the TV but there is no option to turn on HDR or anything of the sort in the TV's settings.

    On my Xbox, when I select it to display in 4K, the games look amazing, but my dashboard becomes blurry and jaggy.

    But when I switch it back to 1080p, the dashboard becomes crystal clear w/no jaggies.

    Should I keep my Xbox One X on 1080p?

    Does doing that limit game visuals?

    Why is just my dashboard blurry and jaggy when on 4K xbox setting, but my games are beautiful on 4K?

    :)
     
    Cooler King CVH, Nov 29, 2018
    #1
  2. frackingmud
    frackingmud Guest
    Miracast Question

    I am most anxious to figure out how to mirror my phone to the xbox one via miracast also. Anyone from Microsoft listening?

    b
     
    frackingmud, Nov 29, 2018
    #2
  3. XBOX ONE and what it means for us without cable boxes?

    I am getting an external antenna and tuner for my Xbox One setup as I am a cord cutter. It has a coax input on the box, but I am not sure whether it is out or in, I am assuming out. Cant wait for the xbox one!
     
    ChristopherHoskins, Nov 29, 2018
    #3
  4. NeoDan123
    NeoDan123 Guest

    Am I getting the most out of my Xbox One X?

    NeoDan123, Nov 29, 2018
    #4
  5. Hi,

    My understanding is that the VIZIO M55-C2 doesn't support HDR, only M and P models do. Not much use to you I know.

    The Xbox One X doesn't have a 4K dashboard, it's 1080P upscaled. I can only guess that your TV has good upscale abilities if the image on the dash looks better in 1080P.

    But for the sake of your games, you should leave the console in 4K.
     
    Obsessive Power, Nov 6, 2018
    #5
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

    Am I getting the most out of my Xbox One X?

    Good day

    Have you checked the settings of your TV from your console?

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/hdr-on-xbox-one

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/does-my-xbox-support-4k
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

    Am I getting the most out of my Xbox One X?

    Hi,

    My understanding is that the VIZIO M55-C2 doesn't support HDR, only M and P models do. Not much use to you I know.

    The Xbox One X doesn't have a 4K dashboard, it's 1080P upscaled. I can only guess that your TV has good upscale abilities if the image on the dash looks better in 1080P.

    But for the sake of your games, you should leave the console in 4K.
  8. SB nEmEsYs Win User

    New Xbox next year concern

    If you got a new Xbox now i would get the one x, but be sure you get any extra warranties and but digital because the bd disc drives are cheap and die quickly. I am on my second xb1 and the disc drive is crapping out already (xbox one x). The games are
    great, xbl is great and i like the game pass, but the physical disc drive is garbage and will most likely for on you after a year or two.
  9. Skepticality Win User

    Any point buying an X for 1080p TV?

    Xbox one x is more powerful but to get the most out of it then a 4k tv is a must
  10. Fearless Reign7 Win User

    4K

    If you want to get the most out of xbox one x, then yes, you need a 4k tv
Thema:

Am I getting the most out of my Xbox One X?

Loading...
  1. Am I getting the most out of my Xbox One X? - Similar Threads - getting

  2. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  3. How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?: I hit Level 5 a little while back, and I've been an Insiders member for almost 5 years. The Xbox Insiders page says you can change your ring in the Xbox Insiders app via the Manage button, but I...
  4. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  5. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  6. When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.

    in XboX Insiders
    When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.: I get it. Things take time. But how long has it been for some ppl who have been far more active than me in the beta stage for their shot at alpha? This isn’t a demand, I’m simply asking, can you...
  7. Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier: Do I have to get a invite to move up and is that the only way I can get the update for disk to digital submitted by /u/supermario6486 [link] [comments]
  8. Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?: My tv is Hisense 55e7kpro with chipset of mediatek pentonic 700(MT9618). But I have a confusion because according to this announcement...
  9. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  10. Will nightreign get disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Will nightreign get disc to digital: I wanna gameshaee with my brother and was wondering submitted by /u/hu-man-person [link] [comments]