Am i getting native 4k?

Discus and support Am i getting native 4k? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Samsung UE40JU6000, which doesn't support HDR, and is an 8bit TV. However it is 4k, and i have played a lot of native 4k games on it through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by johnfra, Nov 7, 2017.

  1. johnfra
    johnfra Guest

    Am i getting native 4k?


    I have a Samsung UE40JU6000, which doesn't support HDR, and is an 8bit TV. However it is 4k, and i have played a lot of native 4k games on it through my PC, so i know it works fine.

    However on the 4k details page, under the gaming section, im getting the message: "Your TV setup does not support 4K 10-bit at 60Hz. However, you can still upscale to 4K by choosing the 4K UHD TV resolution setting."

    That implies that since i cannot do 4k at 10bit, i am not getting 4k. Rather than doing 4k at 8bit, it is doing 1080p at 8bit and upscaling to 4k at 8bit. If this is the case, it is very stupid. Or am i being stupid here and not understanding this correctly?

    :)
     
    johnfra, Nov 7, 2017
    #1
  2. DirectX 12

    Getting games to run in 1080p on the xbox one is one thing but getting smooth playback at native 4k resolutions doesn't seem possible.
     
    Windows10XboxOne, Nov 7, 2017
    #2
  3. When will the Xbox One have 4k support?

    Your 4K UHDTV should convert 1080p to 4K anyways as nothing is Native; yet. The console has a hard time running native 1080p with many of the games running 720-900p at 30-60fps. I was also reading that 4K only supports 30fps native at the moment so you would
    lose 30 frames per second on games that support that... I was looking into getting a newer Samsung but after this info I will wait until games are native and 60fps is norm for 4K and more content is released for it. Until then I am happy with my Samsung A650
    52 inch.
     
    Fred E Krewger, Nov 7, 2017
    #3
  4. Am i getting native 4k?

    turn on UHD color in the picture settings on the tv. On mine all but the last mode then worked.
     
    RELOJ THE ELF, Nov 12, 2017
    #4
  5. RELOJ THE ELF Win User

    Am i getting native 4k?

    turn on UHD color in the picture settings on the tv. On mine all but the last mode then worked.
  6. Fred E Krewger Win User

    When will the Xbox One have 4k support?

    Your 4K UHDTV should convert 1080p to 4K anyways as nothing is Native; yet. The console has a hard time running native 1080p with many of the games running 720-900p at 30-60fps. I was also reading that 4K only supports 30fps native at the moment so you would
    lose 30 frames per second on games that support that... I was looking into getting a newer Samsung but after this info I will wait until games are native and 60fps is norm for 4K and more content is released for it. Until then I am happy with my Samsung A650
    52 inch.
  7. Poulpc Win User

    The option to record 1-hour 4K has disappeared (Xbox One X)

    yes i am a Youtuber showing gameplay of new/old Game in Upscaled/Native 4K, but now I can't do that anymore
  8. Matthew cour Win User

    another complaint about the series x performance

    Okay if that's the case why not make every game 60hz 4k native .... take dead space remake the resolution mode is 4k 30hz the performance mode is not native 4k 60hz
  9. Bronco2CJ Win User

    An answer would be nice. Thank you.

    The Xbox One S is not a native 4K gaming console. It will render games in 1080p, and then upscale them to 4K resolution. That is what the upgraded hardware has made it able to do.

    It is able to play 4K UHD Blu-Rays and render the system menu in 4K, but anything gaming-related is just upscaled 1080p.

    Don't expect Mass Effect Andromeda to be native 4K on the Xbox. If you want native 4K, consider the PC (with powerful enough hardware) or the PS4 Pro. If you want to be really patient, you can wait until sometime towards the end of the year when Project
    Scorpio is supposed to be released (or at least announced).
    Thanks for your reply. I am a PC gamer at heart and I'd rather play games on a PC as WASD and a mouse makes more sense to me than a controller, however after getting a new TV for Christmas and seeing that a 4K player is around 200.00, I decided that for
    another 50 bucks, I could have a player and a console as well... I'm just a little thrown off and confused to why in the video settings it allows you to set it to 4K, that right there made me think it could play a Native 4K game.. anyway, thanks for clearing
    this up.
Thema:

Am i getting native 4k?

Loading...
  1. Am i getting native 4k? - Similar Threads - getting native

  2. How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?: I hit Level 5 a little while back, and I've been an Insiders member for almost 5 years. The Xbox Insiders page says you can change your ring in the Xbox Insiders app via the Manage button, but I...
  3. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  4. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  5. When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.

    in XboX Insiders
    When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.: I get it. Things take time. But how long has it been for some ppl who have been far more active than me in the beta stage for their shot at alpha? This isn’t a demand, I’m simply asking, can you...
  6. Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier: Do I have to get a invite to move up and is that the only way I can get the update for disk to digital submitted by /u/supermario6486 [link] [comments]
  7. Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?: My tv is Hisense 55e7kpro with chipset of mediatek pentonic 700(MT9618). But I have a confusion because according to this announcement...
  8. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  9. Will nightreign get disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Will nightreign get disc to digital: I wanna gameshaee with my brother and was wondering submitted by /u/hu-man-person [link] [comments]
  10. How do I get Alpha access for Xbox Insider?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get Alpha access for Xbox Insider?: I am interested in testing new alpha features but I can’t seem to figure out how to gain access to the alpha on Xbox Insider. I’ve done all available surveys and activities but they seem limited....