Am I gaming in 4K or not Xbox??!?!?!?!

Discus and support Am I gaming in 4K or not Xbox??!?!?!?! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So to the left side it says "supports 4K" the video modes show 4k But why under playing games does it say Native 1080p at 120 ???? I have an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IanBetts, Nov 14, 2020.

  1. IanBetts
    IanBetts Guest

    Am I gaming in 4K or not Xbox??!?!?!?!


    So to the left side it says "supports 4K"

    the video modes show 4k

    But why under playing games does it say Native 1080p at 120 ????

    I have an OLED65B7A which is native 4K.... what gives?

    I bought this thing to play games not watch videos.


    Am I gaming in 4K or not Xbox??!?!?!?! [​IMG]


    :)
     
    IanBetts, Nov 14, 2020
    #1
  2. Kiran Kumar3 Win User

    My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k gameplay videos. The high I can capture is 1080p resolution there is no option for 4k recording

    I am using xbox series s, i see in the box it says it supports 4k gaming, so this means it will not support 4k recording but will support 4k gaming display. I am able to play games in 4k but not able to record them.

    I am not using any capture card for recordings
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    Am I gaming in 4K or not Xbox??!?!?!?!

    Hi,

    Your TV supports 4K60 and will work perfectly set to this.

    The native 1080P 120FPS notification means that if you set your console to 1080, you can select 120Hz for up to 120FPS. However, not only will 1080P (Full HD) reduce the picture quality on your TV, your display lacks variable Refresh rate. This will not
    provide a good experience for gaming. Therefore you should set the console for 4K @ 60Hz.
  4. KoelnerHooligan Win User

    UHD set up?

    It was made clear that the XBOX could support 4k but not that it does at the moment. Most games are not even on 1080p yet but rather on 900p. Blue Rays are remastered for 4k but are not true 4k yet with a few exceptions. I am sure in the following month
    there will be a 4k update because youtube, netflix and a some other streaming sides are streaming 4k material.

    For a game to be made in true 4k it would need about 120 to 150 GB. 3 games and your harddrive would be packed.

    I also posted the HDMI issue a little earlier. 1.4 supports only 20/30 Hz but 2.0 50/60 Hz.

    The truth is it will be along way for console players to see true 4k games on a console but todays consoles will be supportung video material in 4k pretty soon.

    May Samsung UHD does a great job upscaling the xbox one picture anyways and I am already very happy the way it looks now.
  5. PHI Authentic Win User

    Xbox One S 4K

    I am not using the original cord but I am using a wirelogic 4K + HDR HDMI cord. I also found that HDMI 1 on the tv does not enable 4K on the Xbox. I plugged it into HDMI 2 and it allowed me to pick 4K as an output. But for some reason doesn't allow 4K
    for everything.
  6. Neoprime Win User

    PROBLEM WITH PATCH OF XBOX ONE X

    I too am having issues that makes the game unplayable on Xbox one X. This 4k upgrade has ruined the game and it needs fixing asap, especially since this game is one MS has used to promote the 4k aspects of the new system.
Thema:

Am I gaming in 4K or not Xbox??!?!?!?!

Loading...
  1. Am I gaming in 4K or not Xbox??!?!?!?! - Similar Threads - gaming

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  4. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  5. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  6. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  7. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  8. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  9. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  10. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...