Am I able to unlink my old Activision account to a different Microsoft account

Discus and support Am I able to unlink my old Activision account to a different Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an Activision account linked to a Microsoft account and my game chat does not work. I made a new Activision and Microsoft account and game chat... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dylan Cizan, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Dylan Cizan
    Dylan Cizan Guest

I have an Activision account linked to a Microsoft account and my game chat does not work.

I made a new Activision and Microsoft account and game chat is now working.

Am I able to link my old Activision account to my new Microsoft account without waiting 12 months?

:)

Dylan Cizan, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Dylan!

If you can unlink your old Activision account from your old Microsoft account, your old Activision account can be linked right away to your new Microsoft account. The 12 months period is for unlinking procedure only.

Learn more about it here https://support.activision.com/articles/managin...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. KENNEDY_1214 Win User

I can not link my Xbox account to my Activision account. Why?

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your reply. You are correct, it is linked to an old account. My problem is some how the old ‘email address some how got changed by one letter and I am unable to unlink the account and link it to my new account. My problem now is, there is no way to contact Activision to have them manually unlink the account. Unless, I am blind or crazy, I can’t find a way to contact the to do this.

Thanks for your help.

KENNEDY
  4. Francia J. Win User

Account Transfer Epic/Activision

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

We can only use a Microsoft account on one device at a time, and in regards to unlinking, I got you here a link where you can manage it.

Just a friendly reminder that it may cause an issue with the in-game progression or in-game items.

Activision unlinking: https://support.activision.com/content/atvi/sup...

"Please note: Game progress in Call of Duty: Vanguard, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and Warzone is stored on your Activision account, not your platform account. If you choose to link your platform account to another Activision account, your progress will not carry over. Your progress and content aren't lost. If you relink this platform account to the original Activision account, you can continue your progression and access your owned content."

Epic account: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-accou...

"Once you unlink, you won't be able to connect a different console account of the same type to the same Epic Games account.

Example: If you unlink your Xbox account, you won't be able to add a different Xbox account to the same Epic Games account."
  5. AZZGALL123 Win User

Unlink Microsoft account from Minecraft.

Any update on how to unlink a Microsoft account from Minecraft? Logged into it on an old email on my PS5 and it's linked to a friend's Xbox account from about 15 years ago. Now I can't log in with a different eAny update on how to unlink a Microsoft account from Minecraft? Logged into it on an old email on my PS5 and it's linked to a friend's Xbox account from about 15 years ago. Now I can't log in with a different email at all. It's ridiculous
    Any update on how to unlink a Microsoft account
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can’t unlink my account from Activision

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this MOEZAKY3814

There is something that I don't quite get it.
    The 2FA was activated in your Activision account or in your Microsoft account?

In any case, can you try using a different device, browser or wifi network to see if the issue persists in the sign in screen?

PS: The only way to unlink a third party account from your Microsoft account is log into that account and manually unlink it or work with their support (in your case Activision support)
    From Microsoft side is not possible to unlink third party accounts
Thema:

1. Am I able to unlink my old Activision account to a different Microsoft account - Similar Threads - able unlink old

2. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  3. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  4. Not able to see all friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not able to see all friends: On my profile it says I have 7 following but I only follow 5 people and it won’t let me see the other 2 people that I apparently follow. Any fix of this would be great...
  5. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  6. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  7. We have two xboxes in our home and want to be able to play online with the kids at the same...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have two xboxes in our home and want to be able to play online with the kids at the same...: We have two Xboxes in our home and only one gold subscription. is there a way that my kids can play on one of the consoles while i play on the other on the same online game at the same time? i am...
  8. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  9. why am I not able to access the rewards giving page

in XBoX Accessibility
    why am I not able to access the rewards giving page: For a week now when I play the microsoft solitaire collection, i.e. the daily challenge or the todays events I no long get the rewards giving page it seems to have been removed?...
  10. I’m wondering how or if you are able to unlink the psn without having it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m wondering how or if you are able to unlink the psn without having it: The psn is not on my ps4 and I am unable to find the password to it Pls help 80aaccd8-5110-441b-ad60-f3f09e6703b9