Am I able to transfer my disc game to digital on my new Xbox series S

Discus and support Am I able to transfer my disc game to digital on my new Xbox series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can I turn my disc into a digital copy on my New Xbox series s ecfde5a5-5c86-4384-93a8-32dd136bb12f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jordan Snydes, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Am I able to transfer my disc game to digital on my new Xbox series S

Can I turn my disc into a digital copy on my New Xbox series s

:)

Jordan Snydes, Aug 27, 2022
  2. dempup Win User

New xbox generation

Hi There.

You are not able to use external Disc drives or network transfer of gaming disc to the Series S.

The Series S is digital download only and physical game discs are not usable on the system.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Transfered games not working (0x803f8001)

As alluded to above, to play a disc game, the disc needs to be physically inserted into the machine for you to play it...due to the Series S lacking a disc drive, you won't be able to play it. You either need to purchase the digital version of the games in question or you need to return the Series S for refund (depending on the store's refund policy) and buy a Series X

This bit:

"The game was a disc game transfered which should be digital if transfered or converted I have tried countless things"

A disc game cannot be transferred or converted into a digital game. It will always require you to insert the disc due to the licensing for said game being encoded into the disc.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately no. You would have to repurchase the games digitally in order to own them digitally.
  5. KrazyKids Win User

0x803f800b error code. Says need subscription, but we have one

My other son's xbox is set as home.

This is because his xbox was bought first and is disc xbox.

The xbox for my son with the issue is series s digital xbox.

If we change the home setting to their series s digital. Will my other son still be able to play his games online on the older disc xbox?
  6. KindGryphon Win User

I have Disc versions of games on Xbox One, how will i play them on Series S?

I have several disc games for my Xbox One, i am buying a Series S, but how will i pay them on it?
    You wouldnt. Xbox Series S can only play digital games so if you want to play them on Series S you would have to repurchase them digitally.
Thema:

1. Am I able to transfer my disc game to digital on my new Xbox series S - Similar Threads - able transfer disc

2. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  3. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  4. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  5. Not able to see all friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not able to see all friends: On my profile it says I have 7 following but I only follow 5 people and it won’t let me see the other 2 people that I apparently follow. Any fix of this would be great...
  6. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  7. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  8. We have two xboxes in our home and want to be able to play online with the kids at the same...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have two xboxes in our home and want to be able to play online with the kids at the same...: We have two Xboxes in our home and only one gold subscription. is there a way that my kids can play on one of the consoles while i play on the other on the same online game at the same time? i am...
  9. Will I be able to transfer Hogwarts Legacy to a new console, for free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to transfer Hogwarts Legacy to a new console, for free?: I plan to upgrade my Xbox One to a Series X soon, but I’m worried about Hogwarts Legacy. I bought the Xbox One version of Hogwarts Legacy, but I’m worried about if it will transfer. I have 3...
  10. To be able to transfer gift cards redeemed on the wrong account to the correct one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    To be able to transfer gift cards redeemed on the wrong account to the correct one.: I was told to write this here so it will bring attention to this problem, so I have. I just hope they will be able to add an option to be able to transfer it to the correct account or something....