alternate mac address is not working on xbox one

Discus and support alternate mac address is not working on xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my parents have mac address filtering turned on on our wifi and i cant connect my xbox one to xbox services to sigh in. ive tried using the mac address... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KarsonHarcrow, May 26, 2023.

1. alternate mac address is not working on xbox one

my parents have mac address filtering turned on on our wifi and i cant connect my xbox one to xbox services to sigh in. ive tried using the mac address of my printer using alternate mac address but it isint working. any sugestions?

:)

KarsonHarcrow, May 26, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Is there any way to add your console MAC address to your router's authorized list?

Or, turn off MAC filtering temporarily on your router to see if MAC filtering is preventing your console from connecting.

To add your console's MAC address to your router's authorized list, you’ll need to get your console's MAC address. Here's how:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & System> Settings > General > Network settings.

Select Advanced Settings.

Write down your Wireless MAC address.

Next, add your console's MAC address to your router's list of authorized MAC addresses. To change MAC filtering settings on your router, refer to your router documentation or the hardware manufacturer's website. If you change your router's MAC filtering settings, restart your router before trying to connect.

Now test your connection again (Profile & System> Settings > General > Network settings > Test network connection).

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

(The link is in English)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. speedkill1977 Win User

Networking

Microsoft Locked the wireless alternate mac address on the new xbox one s , this means if you have to manually input the wireless mac address you cant, even if you manually input the wireless alternate mac address it wont take after the console restarts..this
    is bad new gamers, you been warned...if you need to manually enter your alternate mac address then dont buy a new xbox one s.

also noted that every game console lets you change the wireless mac address, even the original xbox one lets you change the alternate mac address to the one you need to use...but the new xbox one s locked us out in changing the wireless mac address manually
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Alternate MAC address

I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble with your sneaky kid getting around the Circle parental controls.

I don't know about your network setup, but you could try a combination of using MAC black-/whitelisting, which will take a bit of work.

What you need to do is: Create a list of MAC addresses used in your home (e.g. the Xbox One, the PC, the smartphones etc). You can find the MAC of the Xbox in the network settings, and the PC should show it's "physical" address (i.e. the MAC address) when
    running the "ipconfig /all" command on a Windows command prompt.

As for your smartphones and tablets, you need to check the network settings of those devices for the MAC address.

Some routers allow you to only allow devices to connect to the internet, if they are on a known whitelist, all other devices are blocked.

So if you add the MAC address from the Xbox to the whitelist, it will work with the Circle service, and as soon as your son changes the MAC address to bypass Circle, the router blocks the device completely.

But not all routers have that MAC blocking function. So please check your router's manual, if your router has such a blocking setting.

That way you can force your kid to leave the MAC addresses as they are, otherwise they wouldn't be able to connect at all.

Of course, your kids MUST NOT have access to the router settings as well.
  5. cherylniles Win User

Alternate MAC address

Hello Cheryl,

We understand that your issue here consists of the alternate MAC address consistently changing, removing its assignment from the Disney Circle.

We recommend that you create a static IP for the console,
    and port forwarding on the network
    configuration settings for a better connection.

Check out this article for more information on the Xbox Live Ports.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
    I haven't had good success with the Xbox parental controls. I have the screen time set up such that he should not be able to use the Xbox at all after 10 pm on weeknights. Sometimes that works and he gets signed out but other times it seems that he can
    log on and watch Netflix. Also, they take a bit of time to refresh, so if he has friends over and I want to extend his time that doesn't happen instantaneously. And finally, the thing I like about the Circle is that it attempts to integrate his use across
    multiple platforms so I can just have one overall time limit and I don't have to micromanage his time on several different devices.

Cheryl
  6. cherylniles Win User

Alternate MAC address

Hello Cheryl,

We understand that your issue here consists of the alternate MAC address consistently changing, removing its assignment from the Disney Circle.

We recommend that you create a static IP for the console,
    and port forwarding on the network
    configuration settings for a better connection.

Check out this article for more information on the Xbox Live Ports.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Cheryl
Thema:

1. alternate mac address is not working on xbox one - Similar Threads - alternate mac address

2. Alternate MAC address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Alternate MAC address?: I already hard reset my console and it’s still asking for an alternate MAC address and won’t connect to the internet. Can someone please help? I’ve cleared it and entered it in manually and it’s...
  3. Resetting alternate mac adress

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resetting alternate mac adress: Im constanly having to reset the alternate mac address everytime i login to my xbox to connect or find wireless networks, i remember this first happening when i first connected to my hotspot, then...
  4. Alternative Joystick after December 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Alternative Joystick after December 2023: Hey guys, I would like to make a request, but before judging me, please look at my situation. I would like to know if there is any possible way (legal or illegal) for me to keep using my...
  5. I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...: I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing but its british. How can I change this back? fa50eb90-64f7-427b-968e-b84378f19980
  6. I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed...: So I read online that you could bypass parental controls on xbox by changing the alternative mac address. I did that and it worked at first until my parents blocked the new MAC address out of the...
  7. Why do I keep getting the alternative MAC address needed error?. I’ve tried everything...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting the alternative MAC address needed error?. I’ve tried everything...: Please contact me at [mod removed - personal information] 81c7a520-d725-4133-9280-61ecb09af3ad
  8. Can someone help me my Xbox reset by itself and now it’s asking for a alternative MAC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help me my Xbox reset by itself and now it’s asking for a alternative MAC...: I need help fixing my xbox one s 8db1ed87-fc52-432c-b5b3-03eaa6af6f9d
  9. My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says...: I’ve restarted my Xbox and router put my hotspot and it works but it’s slow so I need this internet but it keeps asking for the address and won’t let me use the internet...
  10. Why do I have to clear my alternate mac dress every time I try to play my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to clear my alternate mac dress every time I try to play my Xbox?: Every time I try to play online games, I have to go through and reset/clear my alternate MAC address 236bb675-c776-4c47-84d2-7cfdcb3050e5