Alpha Tier - Game bought yesterday shows an exclamation mark on tile - licensing problem?

Discus and support Alpha Tier - Game bought yesterday shows an exclamation mark on tile - licensing problem? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ok, last night I decided to buy a little rally title on the Xbox Store called "Rush Rally Origins". I'm not a Game Pass subscriber, just pay Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/fporto_br, Jan 23, 2023.

1. /u/fporto_br
    /u/fporto_br Guest

Alpha Tier - Game bought yesterday shows an exclamation mark on tile - licensing problem?

Ok, last night I decided to buy a little rally title on the Xbox Store called "Rush Rally Origins". I'm not a Game Pass subscriber, just pay Xbox Live Gold to play with friends.

Everything was OK, I got the email from Microsoft confirming the purchase, my credit card operator registered the purchase, all was well, I played the game for a couple of hours and went to bed.

Now, when I turned on my Series X, the game tile shows a triangle with an exclamation mark which, as I understand, means some problem with the game license. So I tried the game, it runs perfectly... but when I go to "My Games and Apps", the game doesn't appear in my list.

But here's what befuddles me: after deleting it from my console, when I go back to the store and find the game, the page gives me two choices: install it (says I already own it)... or buy to own for full price. And if I click to buy, a screen appears saying I own it!

What is going on?!?

One thing I failed to mention above: when I finished the game yesterday and returned to the dashboard, it just showed the first two lines of titles. Everything under My Games and Apps and Microsoft Store didn't load properly but, as I was quite tired, I just shut the console off and went to bed.

And why is my dashboard home screen saying "Play your first game" again?!?

submitted by /u/fporto_br
    [link] [comments]

/u/fporto_br, Jan 23, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Why is there a triangle with a ! inside it on game tiles?

I have the same...I own Forza Horizons 1 and 2 on disc and both of those now show exclamation marks (although I haven't actually tried to play them since they displayed those marks)...if memory serves, they only appeared since the bad dashboard makeover update a couple of months ago
    It's normal for the disc versions of games to show the exclamation marks, because the license for the games is on the disc, so when the disc is inserted, the exclamation marks will dissappear, but will come back after the disc is ejected.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Why is there a triangle with a ! inside it on game tiles?

I have the same...I own Forza Horizons 1 and 2 on disc and both of those now show exclamation marks (although I haven't actually tried to play them since they displayed those marks)...if memory serves, they only appeared since the bad dashboard makeover update a couple of months ago
    It's normal for the disc versions of games to show the exclamation marks, because the license for the games is on the disc, so when the disc is inserted, the exclamation marks will dissappear, but will come back after the disc is ejected.
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

How to get rid of the disc warning sign or warning sign on my games on my Xbox Series X?

If you bought the game on disc, not digitally, and it's not part of any subscriptions you pay for, then the disc itself is effectively the license.

If you're seeing a disc icon with an exclamation mark in it, it means that the game requires the disc to be inserted before it will run, but it's not in the drive already.

So, as long as all of your games are working, I wouldn't worry about it.

It's something they added in a recent update. I have seen people have issues with it though, where it will show they don't have a license for a game they own digitally, but the game still launches, so I think it's a bit buggy. If you've got the "Report a Problem" app installed on your console, you can use that to report a bug to the devs.
  5. Franck.4 Win User

Exclamation Marks on games

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your help. The game with the exclamation mark only is not on the gamepass anymore. So that's one question resolved.

But for the others with the disc icon, is there a way to not see this icon again please ? I think it's not useful as I play essentially physical games, so I know what game is in the console or not.

Thanks in advance.
  6. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

Exclamation Marks on games

Thema:

1. Alpha Tier - Game bought yesterday shows an exclamation mark on tile - licensing problem? - Similar Threads - Alpha Tier Game

2. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha (2404.240325-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha (2404.240325-2200): [IMG] submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  3. How Can I become an alpha ring user

in XboX Insiders
    How Can I become an alpha ring user: Hey, I've been using the insider program for more than 1 year. I'm a beta user and I would like to become an alpha one. I'm level 8. Will I become alpha one day ? submitted by /u/Lukas_Smash...
  4. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha (2404.240321-2000)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha (2404.240321-2000): [IMG] submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240321-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240321-2200): [IMG] submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  7. Possible Firmware Bug on new Alpha Tier update.

in XboX Insiders
    Possible Firmware Bug on new Alpha Tier update.: Just got home to find my xbox series X stuck in a loop mid update.Starts at 71% and when it hits 100 it says it troubleshoot or restart,and immediately restarts back into the loop.Anybody else...
  8. Xbox Update Preview still on (Pending) after I changed my preview tier from Alpha to Omega

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Update Preview still on (Pending) after I changed my preview tier from Alpha to Omega: Hi, I had big trouble with the latest update from the Alpha Skip-Ahead and decided I would go back to the Omega tier. I changed, saved and then instead of having a Manage button, it said (Pending)...
  9. I recently got invited to the Alpha Skip-Ahead tier, but console wont update.

in XboX Insiders
    I recently got invited to the Alpha Skip-Ahead tier, but console wont update.: I was recently invited to the Alpha Skip-Ahead tier, but my Xbox Series S won’t update from Alpha to Alpha Skip-Ahead, so I’m unable to test the new browser for bugs and make sure it has good...
  10. Is Alpha a higher tier than beta?

in XboX Insiders
    Is Alpha a higher tier than beta?: I was just looking in my settings & noticed I have Alpha available. I don't want to switch if it's lower than Beta. TIA submitted by /u/xBlueshirts102x [link] [comments]