Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating

Discus and support Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One and an Xbox One X, both in the Alpha Skip Ahead program. I have received the most current update on my Xbox One X for Alpha Skip... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Skier7667, Jul 6, 2018.

  1. Skier7667
    Skier7667 Guest

    Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating


    I have an Xbox One and an Xbox One X, both in the Alpha Skip Ahead program. I have received the most current update on my Xbox One X for Alpha Skip Ahead, but on the Xbox One, the last update is the one before the June 27th Update. It won't load the June
    27th update, not the current one that was delivered on July 5th.

    I have so far tried:

    1) Full reboot by holding my finger over the Xbox Box light in front of the console for 15 seconds and letting it reboot.

    2) I have gone into Settings and performed a Full Power Shut down

    3) I have gone into Settings and performed a full Restart

    4) I have the feature for both Xbox's to perform Transfer of data via Network turn on

    5) I have Keep my Console up to Date checked

    6) I have left both Xbox's on, overnight to see if they would perform transfer among themselves - not used ether one with controller off

    7) I have performed a full System Reset

    8) I have performed a Full Shut down after performing the Full System Reset

    I am out of options and there is plenty of space on my internal hard drive. I have checked and my console reflects being in the Alpha Skip Ahead.

    It reflects that I'm ready to received the ALPHA Skip Ahead RS41806-R27 BUILD, even though a new Build was pushed out on July 5th.

    I'm out of thing to try - Help!!

    :)
     
    Skier7667, Jul 6, 2018
    #1
  2. VladyDupuy
    VladyDupuy Guest
    Alpha skip-Ahead

    Hi, I did receive a message from Xbox Live on my xbox one saying that i have earned the ability to join the preview the Alpha Skip Ahead.

    Unfortunately i don't see it in my insider hub in manage update preview. i only see the Alpha preview.

    Thank you for your help.
     
    VladyDupuy, Jul 6, 2018
    #2
  3. HELP I Have un enrolled from skip ahead alpha but can't get out 1 week later?

    Hello,

    I had un enrolled from skip ahead alpha 4 days ago. Then my xbox one X had issue and was sent off to the factory for testing. I get the same xbox back that had been factory reset at Microsoft and it turns out its im still in Alpha skip ahead preview program
    and I can't get out. I did re install game preview app and that app says I can join the alpha??? I have the alpha software installed which is: 10.0.17134.4056

    (rs4_release_xbox_dev_1806.180626-1359

    question to the Staff member of preview program: How do I fix this issue? re join preview program but in alpha then un enroll?

    I was a member of the skip ahead program couple days go.
     
    SystemLordxxx, Jul 6, 2018
    #3
  4. Flymonkey102
    Flymonkey102 Guest

    Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating

    Hey there!

    It sounds like you really ran the gamut of steps. Have you tried posting your problem in the xboxinsiders subreddit? The dev team is quite active there. They might have an appropriate answer for you.
     
    Flymonkey102, Jul 6, 2018
    #4
  5. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    gds1972, Jul 6, 2018
    #5
  6. Skier7667
    Skier7667 Guest
    HI gds,

    Thanks so much! I'm going to post here and there too!
     
    Skier7667, Jul 9, 2018
    #6
  7. Skier7667
    Skier7667 Guest
    On Friday I left my Xbox One on in standby. I noticed that it was reset to normal Alpha. it had been in Skip a Head like my Xbox One X. I reselected Skip A Head and it indicated Pending. I left it on Standby over the weekend. This
    morning the Xbox One was off and reboot as I I had performed a hard shut down. It indicated that an update was required - about 626 MB. Update downloaded fine and it had me do a full console reset so I had to reset all settings again. No problem. It is now
    8 PM and still pending state. Furthermore it reflects in the Insider Hub the June 27tnh Update will download which is what it said on Friday. Build available is 1806.180626-1359.

    As we know there was an update that reset the entire console on Sunday which was 3.6 GB in size I believe. It appears I am on RS41806-R27 Build - RS4ReleaseXboxdev 1806\17134.4056.180626-1359

    Not sure what is going on at this point.
     
    Skier7667, Jul 9, 2018
    #7
  8. Skier7667
    Skier7667 Guest

    Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating

    Yesterday I checked and my Xbox One console is back on Alpha Skip A Head ring. What was odd is that I never received a 3.6 GB Build that was pushed to production Only the 670 MB update. It does look like I'm on RS5 now. The good news is that I've not experienced
    any issues like others that received the build pushed out on Sunday.
     
    Skier7667, Nov 3, 2018
    #8
  9. Skier7667 Win User

    Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating

    On Friday I left my Xbox One on in standby. I noticed that it was reset to normal Alpha. it had been in Skip a Head like my Xbox One X. I reselected Skip A Head and it indicated Pending. I left it on Standby over the weekend. This
    morning the Xbox One was off and reboot as I I had performed a hard shut down. It indicated that an update was required - about 626 MB. Update downloaded fine and it had me do a full console reset so I had to reset all settings again. No problem. It is now
    8 PM and still pending state. Furthermore it reflects in the Insider Hub the June 27tnh Update will download which is what it said on Friday. Build available is 1806.180626-1359.

    As we know there was an update that reset the entire console on Sunday which was 3.6 GB in size I believe. It appears I am on RS41806-R27 Build - RS4ReleaseXboxdev 1806\17134.4056.180626-1359

    Not sure what is going on at this point.
    Yesterday I checked and my Xbox One console is back on Alpha Skip A Head ring. What was odd is that I never received a 3.6 GB Build that was pushed to production Only the 670 MB update. It does look like I'm on RS5 now. The good news is that I've not experienced
    any issues like others that received the build pushed out on Sunday.
  10. gds1972 Win User

    Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating

  11. Skier7667 Win User

    Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating

  12. Flymonkey102 Win User

    Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating

    Hey there!

    It sounds like you really ran the gamut of steps. Have you tried posting your problem in the xboxinsiders subreddit? The dev team is quite active there. They might have an appropriate answer for you.
  13. Skier7667 Win User

    Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating

    On Friday I left my Xbox One on in standby. I noticed that it was reset to normal Alpha. it had been in Skip a Head like my Xbox One X. I reselected Skip A Head and it indicated Pending. I left it on Standby over the weekend. This
    morning the Xbox One was off and reboot as I I had performed a hard shut down. It indicated that an update was required - about 626 MB. Update downloaded fine and it had me do a full console reset so I had to reset all settings again. No problem. It is now
    8 PM and still pending state. Furthermore it reflects in the Insider Hub the June 27tnh Update will download which is what it said on Friday. Build available is 1806.180626-1359.

    As we know there was an update that reset the entire console on Sunday which was 3.6 GB in size I believe. It appears I am on RS41806-R27 Build - RS4ReleaseXboxdev 1806\17134.4056.180626-1359

    Not sure what is going on at this point.
Thema:

Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating

Loading...
  1. Alpha Skip Ahead Program - Not Updating - Similar Threads - Alpha Skip Ahead

  2. October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  3. September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  4. September 28, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260924-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 28, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260924-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 28, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  5. September 25, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260923-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260923-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  6. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  7. September 23, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260921-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 23, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260921-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 23, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  8. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  9. September 21, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260917-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 21, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260917-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 21, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...