Alpha skip ahead, Dolby Atmos still not working

Discus and support Alpha skip ahead, Dolby Atmos still not working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After the latest update Dolby Atmos is still broken over both hdmi and headphones. DTS X is also having dropouts every now and then. I'm on series x.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Boxybox4000, Feb 12, 2021.

  1. Alpha skip ahead, Dolby Atmos still not working


    After the latest update Dolby Atmos is still broken over both hdmi and headphones. DTS X is also having dropouts every now and then. I'm on series x. Reported it several updates ago. Are we any closer to having this fixed?

    submitted by /u/Boxybox4000
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Boxybox4000, Feb 12, 2021
    #1
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

    Customer Service Hung up on Me

  3. neocitron Win User

    Dolby Atmos on XBOX ONE X connected to DENON X3600H

    Hello!! I'm in the alpha skip ahead. With the last build the problem is fixed. Now it's multichannel in the dashboard, when you load an atmos game the display will change in atmos. Same for netflix.
    This is fantasic news! Thanks. So just to be clear it seems that Microsoft solved it? Or did Dolby Access get an alpha update?
  4. tejo chase Win User

    New console update.

    Hi have you contacted support over this? My one x updated fine I've had the update for a month or two now with the alpha skip ahead release, and the only issue I seem to get is that the dolby atmos app sometimes needs redownloading for the system to recognise
    it but then it works fine for weeks.
  5. Matteo Guichardaz Win User

    Dolby Atmos on XBOX ONE X connected to DENON X3600H

    Hello!! I'm in the alpha skip ahead. With the last build the problem is fixed. Now it's multichannel in the dashboard, when you load an atmos game the display will change in atmos. Same for netflix.
  6. reptilian Win User

    Xbox One, Dolby Atmos - 3 months since it worked correctly

    As far as my understanding this issue is related to the color bit-depth selected or perhaps the refresh rate when set to 120hz.

    Personally, I'm using 1440p, 120hz, and 10-bit. I haven't had any major issues using Dolby Atmos with this setting.

    Although, once or twice I've had to re-open the Dolby app to re-apply the settings.

    Here is the current known issue and workaround. I hope this helps

    "Audio

    • Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
      • Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower."

    Source:

    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02...a-skip-ahead-and-alpha-ring-2004-200221-2045/
    I have the new May updates, reinstalled Dolby Access, Netflix, still have Netflix Atmos titles crackling and popping while all other Atmos content (Xbox Movies, games, Atmos demos) work fine.

    I have tried every single 10 bit, 8 bit, PC RGB, Standard, 24Hz on or off, setting and there is still a problem.
Thema:

Alpha skip ahead, Dolby Atmos still not working

Loading...
  1. Alpha skip ahead, Dolby Atmos still not working - Similar Threads - Alpha skip ahead

  2. September 28, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260924-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 28, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260924-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 28, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  3. September 25, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260923-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260923-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  4. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  5. September 23, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260921-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 23, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260921-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 23, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  6. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  7. September 21, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260917-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 21, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260917-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 21, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  8. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  9. September 18, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260916-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 18, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260916-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 18, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  10. September 11, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260909-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 11, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260909-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 11, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...