Alpha-Skip 10-13mbits cap downloads on Series X

Discus and support Alpha-Skip 10-13mbits cap downloads on Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I have noticed that my download speeds have been limited to about 10-13mbits / s for the past few weeks (at least 3). I didn't pay attention at... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CNCG, May 9, 2022.

  1. /u/CNCG
    /u/CNCG Guest

    Alpha-Skip 10-13mbits cap downloads on Series X


    Hello,

    I have noticed that my download speeds have been limited to about 10-13mbits / s for the past few weeks (at least 3). I didn't pay attention at first thinking to some isp high bandwidth usage or else since i rarely spend more than 2hrs a day on my console, but i repeated a few tests and i think the only common element is my Series X being in alpha-skip.

    I tried of all these for info:

    • no game running off course
    • my current isp is 2gbits fiber
    • tried another isp (25mbits dsl), so another router, getting same limitation
    • both in ethernet and wifi, same speeds behavior
    • different ethernet cables
    • different manual and auto, ip and dns settings on each connection
    • no problem with my One X not in insider, getting 200+mbits downloads on same routers
    • enabling / disabling the new QOS options in network advanced settings (DSCP and WMM tagging)
    • different times of the day or night, to be sure
    • tried downloading on internal and external drives like my 2tb Seagate card too
    • no isp problems, no monthly cap here, i can download 100GB averaging 500mbits/s during the same time

    I noticed a few things :

    • rebooting the console will get me normal download speeds when downloads resume themselves, but for a few moments only (like seconds or minutes, it's random, since i have usually 700+mbits speeds, i can only check that on 30+GB transfers or so)

    Example, I just reproduced it on AC origins download : 10mbits before 550 after rebooting but decreasing gradually to 10-13 in less than 2mins.


    • plugging/unplugging the cable may or may not get me normal speeds suddenly (while i was testing the cables)


    • even skip-alpha updates are limited to that speed for the first part before verifying the file


    • console's network speed test gets me 13mbits down / 49mbits up, 0% packet loss, latency 18ms and mtu is 1480 A few weeks ago, it was about same i think when i had noticed the problem


    • sometimes, also randomly, speeds will gets normal if observing but for a few moments, but it's very rare

    So I couldn't submit a report through the console, it keeps loading a screenshot or video infinitely without enabling submit icon, even after typing all that text from the pad..

    i hope my description was clear enough, feel free to comment or to transmit, i think i didn't forget anything that i tried

    submitted by /u/CNCG
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/CNCG, May 9, 2022
    #1
  2. ngocphi Win User

    Fortnite wont start without XBL or Game Pass Ultimate

    F2p is only for xbox alpha skip insiders program

    Series x isn't included yet as it hasn't joined the insidersprogram
  3. unitr0n1c Win User

    Hulu crashing

    Same problem for me. Series X, Alpha Skip Ahead. As soon as an Hulu tries to load an ad, it crashes to the dashboard. I have reported it through the console too.
  4. JeffreyStoddard Win User

    Hulu crashing

    I'm having exact same issue. Don't know if it's a Series X issue or an Alpha Skip-Ahead issue, but it's beyond annoying. Hulu crashes whenever an ad break comes. Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP.
  5. Skier7667 Win User

    Xbox One & Xbox X - In Alpha Skip-Ahead Program Question

    I believe you can re-enroll but I don't believe is guaranteed to be in Alpha still.
    If I deregister the Xbox X out of the program, will it also deregister the Xbox One?

    Originally the Xbox One was in Skip-A-Head Alpha. I purchased the Xbox One X, selected registration for Alpha Skip-A-Head, and it was automatically enrolled in the Alpha Skip-A-Head program.

    I got the impression it is tied to the user who not the product. Hopefully someone in the program knows for sure.
  6. Ickis99 Win User

    Error: 0xc0000189

    I have this problem with Netflix for about 2 weeks on my xbox one x in Alpha skip ahead. Netflix on my xbox one in Alpha works fine at the moment.
Thema:

Alpha-Skip 10-13mbits cap downloads on Series X

Loading...
  1. Alpha-Skip 10-13mbits cap downloads on Series X - Similar Threads - Alpha Skip 13mbits

  2. September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  3. September 28, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260924-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 28, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260924-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 28, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  4. September 25, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260923-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260923-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  5. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  6. September 23, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260921-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 23, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260921-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 23, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  7. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  8. September 21, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260917-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 21, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260917-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 21, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  9. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  10. September 18, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260916-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 18, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260916-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 18, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...