[Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.

Discus and support [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I was watching a Dreamhack stream on the Twitch app, left it running full-screen and my controller turned off. After about an hour, the console shut... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Chippy569, Sep 7, 2019.

  1. /u/Chippy569
    /u/Chippy569 Guest

    [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.


    I was watching a Dreamhack stream on the Twitch app, left it running full-screen and my controller turned off. After about an hour, the console shut down on its own. After this, I could not start it back up with the controller, a bug which I thought was fixed with the controller firmware update. I've had that problem before, and in those cases, I had left Destiny running overnight (forge afk farm lol) and in the morning would find the console shut off and unable to start from controller.

    Also of note, this time, when I started the console back up it was like super-zoomed into the top-left corner, so much that I struggled to navigate to the restart console button. After rebooting though, it went back to normal. Not sure if this is related to having Twitch up full-screen, but hadn't experienced that with Destiny.

    Power & Startup settings:

    • Turn Off After: Don't Turn Off Automatically
    • Power mode: Instant-On

    Version info:

    • Console: Xbox One X
    • OS Version: 10.0.18363.7142 (19H1_release_xbox_dev_1910.190903-1945)
    • Controller: (included w/X1X) 4.8.1908.0

    I don't know if there's any other useful info I can grab, but if so I can provide it.

    submitted by /u/Chippy569
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Chippy569, Sep 7, 2019
    #1
  2. HEARN FURY Win User

    Console Shuts Itself Off

    I bought my XB1 in November of 13. About three months after I started having problems with this as well. I would unplug the power block and reboot and everything would function properly. BUT, just today 19 months after purchase, the platform won't turn on.
    On, off, on, off. I tried everything. Called MS support, there answer was send it in or buy a new one. No, I won't buy a new one, and I won't send it in. I'm ready to toss this thing in the garbage and get a play station. I didn't have many issues with the
    360. I had to buy a second one four years after the first one. It still runs strong for the guy I sold it too. This XB1 though, is junk. If MS is basing their reputation o. This platform, it might not turn out so well for them.
  3. Got Cobol-64D25709-1 Win User

    Console Shuts Itself Off

    if its just a random shut off, I had to get a new console, new power brick did nothing.
  4. Fr0sTy99 Win User

    Console Shuts Itself Off

    I had the same problem with my first Xbone.

    If you try repeatedly (anywhere from 5-20 attempts to turn on), does it eventually work?

    Support originally told me it was the power brick and to ship it them (paying the international postage myself too, thanks M$), but tried it with a friends and the problem persisted. If you have this option try it first as you'll definitely be able to rule
    it out.

    The problem was something to do with the boot up of the Xbox one itself and there wasn't a fix available so had get a new console, so looks like a replacement or just complete refund is more of an option for you.
  5. Miss Diggz Win User

    Console Shuts Itself Off

    Hey there HEARN FURY,

    If you have any Xbox Support related questions you'd like assistance with, please feel free to create a thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered to you from our community. Thanks in advance!
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

    Console Shuts Itself Off

    Also, how are these items plugged in?

    HDMI to what form the xbox one?

    HDMI in to Xbox One from what?

    (I ask this because HDMI cables can receive and produce signals to turn off other devices) I really think the issue is venting or you have too many things plugged into your surge protector or its not grounded.
Thema:

[Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.

Loading...
  1. [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console. - Similar Threads - Alpha Ring Console

  2. My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.: Long story short, as of last night, my Xbox keeps turning itself back on after I have shut it off. After disconnecting my keyboard from the Xbox, removing my batteries from my Xbox remote, and...
  3. What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?: I have been an insider for around 6 1/2 years (been on the beta ring for 1/2 a year) and I was wondering what the requirements for the alpha ring were. All the Xbox support article says is that it...
  4. Alpha ring Can't play physical discs

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring Can't play physical discs: Hey everyone. I haven't tried to play a physical game in a long while. However with the new disc to digital starting I wanted to try it out. When I put a disc in nothing happens. Literally...
  5. This is bi week for us Alpha ring members?

    in XboX Insiders
    This is bi week for us Alpha ring members?: Title says it all? submitted by /u/Dakrkplayer2 [link] [comments]
  6. Anzeige Bug? bin insider im Alpha ring

    in XboX Insiders
    Anzeige Bug? bin insider im Alpha ring: ich bin seit 5 Jahren Member von Gamepass und hatte eine Zeitlang den 5 Jahres Abzeichen aber seit Freitag ist er auf 3 ist das ein Bug? danke im voraus! submitted by /u/Unfair_Acadia_387...
  7. How do you join Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do you join Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring?: I haven't used Insider in a while and would like to try out the capture voice chat feature, but there doesn't seem to be any clear instructions. submitted by /u/woooshequalsgay [link] [comments]
  8. Level 10 Insider looking for Alpha Ring access to test the new Cloud Home UI

    in XboX Insiders
    Level 10 Insider looking for Alpha Ring access to test the new Cloud Home UI: Hi everyone and Xbox Team,I've been a dedicated Xbox Insider for over 3 years now and just reached Level 10 (Gamertag: vT4Ghost4King4v).I am currently in the Beta Ring but I really want to test...
  9. So much pain in alpha ring console update.

    in XboX Insiders
    So much pain in alpha ring console update.: I've been struggling with the Windows 11 updates, especially the 10.0.26100.5721 version and all the others from the past month. I spent almost an hour trying to get it to work, but it kept...
  10. Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates: After the latest ALPHA ring updates, I noticed that the console takes a long time to turn off, I have the console in energy saving mode. I also found the console turned off but instead it was...