Allowing a child to play multiplayer games via Family

Discus and support Allowing a child to play multiplayer games via Family in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently added my daughter to my Xbox family with an Xbox one. My I’m trying to make it to where she can play multilayer games such as roblox. I’ve... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Boomer Garner, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Allowing a child to play multiplayer games via Family

I recently added my daughter to my Xbox family with an Xbox one. My I’m trying to make it to where she can play multilayer games such as roblox. I’ve followed the steps and every time I try to go and change it, I’ve tried doing this on phone and 2 different consoles, it doesn’t not allow me to change anything. I’ve even put 0 limits on her account and she still can’t play the game she wants to play. I need some guidance on how to do this.

[Moderator Edit: Changed title from "Help"]

:)

Boomer Garner, Dec 28, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

May I ask what is the exact error message or prompt that she is getting whenever she is trying to play games such Roblox so I can guide you with the necessary steps?
  3. WPAK Win User

Game access

Hi there,

you should be able to set what games the child account is allowed to access via

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

or via the Xbox One console via the content restrictions.

It's also possible to specify exceptions to the set Age restriction.
  4. FreakRoach Win User

Minecraft servers

Is yours a child account? It may be that your account is not allowed to play multiplayer games.
  5. Vanessaez Win User

Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

Hello Thunder C, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

Why is Microsoft Families not allowing my child to play in multiplayer mode?

I am very sorry for the problems you are having with Microsoft Families. I understand that it can be frustrating when something does not work as it should.

There are several reasons why Microsoft Families might be preventing your child from playing in multiplayer mode. One possibility is that the age restrictions are not set up correctly. Make sure that the age restrictions for multiplayer mode are set to "Allow". You can also try increasing the maximum allowed age for multiplayer mode.

Another possibility is that your child does not have a Microsoft account. If so, you will need to create an account for them and add them to your Microsoft family.

Finally, it is also possible that there is a problem with the Minecraft software. Try reinstalling the game to see if that resolves the problem.

Here are some specific steps you can follow to try to troubleshoot the problem:

Check age restrictions. Open the Xbox Family app and go to "Settings". Then, select "Content restrictions" and make sure that the age restrictions for multiplayer mode are set to "Allow". You can also try increasing the maximum allowed age for multiplayer mode.
    Check if your child has a Microsoft account. If they do not have an account, you will need to create one for them. To do this, go to the Microsoft accounts website and click "Create account".
    Reinstall Minecraft. To do this, open the Microsoft Store app and search for Minecraft. Then, click "Install".

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Sea Of Thieves Safety settings

Please try to go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    and check your online and privacy settings.

If you just get a page that explains how to set up a child account, then you need an adult with an adult Microsoft Account.

The adult has to go to
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
    and add your child account to their family.

Then the adult goes to https://account.xbox.com/settings and selects your child profile. Then they have to set your online and privacy settings to allow you to talk in multiplayer
    and to play multiplayer.
Thema:

1. Allowing a child to play multiplayer games via Family - Similar Threads - Allowing child play

2. Minecraft java won't allow child on multiplayer even after giving authorizations

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft java won't allow child on multiplayer even after giving authorizations: Hi, I'm witing this from my brother's account. We bought him minecraft but multiplayer wasn't allowed so I allowed everything in the xbox/windows parental settings but it still doesn't work. Now...
  3. Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S: Screen shows: Give this code to an adult You're not quite old enough for this PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily +rciZxNr49hdDcBjudZKHv.781 2023/12/29 - 21:40:35 UTC I already changed...
  4. How do I have settings to allow my child to play halo 5 online multiplayer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I have settings to allow my child to play halo 5 online multiplayer.: I've allowed access in the settings for everything on the child's account. However when playing Halo 5 and going to the custom browser option no maps or games show up and they can't play any...
  5. Allow my child to play with brother with his own account

in XBoX on Windows
    Allow my child to play with brother with his own account: Hi, I purchased the game Minecraft Dungeons twice, so that I could install it on two different devices at home and my children could play co-op together. The thing is that one of the copies of...
  6. How to allow my child to add friends and play Minecraft with them on his ipad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to allow my child to add friends and play Minecraft with them on his ipad?: My son plays Minecraft on his Ipad. We do not own an Xbox. I want him to be able to play it with his friends but it keeps saying his settings aren't allowing him, I keep logging on to microsoft...
  7. Allow child to add friends and play online minecraft android

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Allow child to add friends and play online minecraft android: [img] I've enabled both settings after 2 hours trying to find them but my child still can not add friends or play online. It says something about the setting meed to be changed and gives a link...
  8. Allow child to play Mine Craft with approved friends.

in XBoX on Windows
    Allow child to play Mine Craft with approved friends.: I'm learning about Mine Craft and how to let my daughter play. From what I've read, it seems like I have an option to allow multiplayer and allow chat, or not at all. I'd like to let her play with...
  9. Allow Xbox Live Child Account play Plants vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville (and PvZ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow Xbox Live Child Account play Plants vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville (and PvZ...: This question actually applies to all three titles (PvZ GW, PvZ GW2, and now the new one, Battle for Neighborville). I have all three and have been very confused about how I can setup Xbox Live...
  10. Allow a 'child' access to the internet to play games on line

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow a 'child' access to the internet to play games on line: I have two grandchildren who live together approx 30 miles away from me. They have an xbox 360 which they have played on line with friends. At Christmas they got an xbox 1. I am the 'adult' of our...