Allow parents to set custom gamerpic

Discus and support Allow parents to set custom gamerpic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why are parents unable to set custom gamerpics for their children? We are able to change a setting that allows them to view adult content should we... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by misselaine99, Oct 13, 2020.

1. misselaine99
    misselaine99 Guest

Why are parents unable to set custom gamerpics for their children? We are able to change a setting that allows them to view adult content should we choose to do so. But we are not permitted to set their gamerpic!? Will this be resolved or am I destined
    to 6 more years of complaining from my son?

:)

misselaine99, Oct 13, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Child account

As Njal the Blue already said, there are several good reasons to prevent non-adults from using a custom gamerpic.

However, Microsoft is always trying to improve the service, just lately with the options to control the cross platform gaming settings for child accounts.

While I wouldn't hold my breath for such a function to become available in the next few days or months, if enough interest is there, Microsoft might find a way to allow Custom Gamerpics for children, if parents confirm a chosen custom pic for example.

There is already an idea to allow children to
    have custom gamerpics with parental approval
    suggested at the Xboxideas Uservoice website, where users can suggest and vote for ideas that Xbox should consider implementing.

I'd recommend to vote for that idea, since the more votes such an idea gets, the more likely it is that this idea gets done in one of the next updates.
  3. Smwutches Win User

why cant i add a custom gamer pic when i have a parent account allowing me to do everything possible?

Because custom gamerpics are only allowed for adult accounts. There's no setting to bypass that.
  4. Smwutches Win User

I'm trying to change a childs game pic to a customized pic

Until the age of the account is 18 or over, they won't be able to use customized gamerpics. There are no settings that can be changed to allow that.
  5. IRB Win User

unable to change custom gamer pic

If you have had a prior suspension, then you are not allowed to set a custom gamerpic. Not sure if it is restricted to certain types of past suspensions.
  6. The Ink Demon Win User

Custom Gamerpic not allowed

are you SURE your an adult?
Thema:

1. Allow parents to set custom gamerpic - Similar Threads - Allow parents set

2. My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?: So i was having a tit for tat with a guy over fifa saying he wouldnt beat me in a normal game mode but told him he only beat me in a game of ‘mystery ball’ in eafc 24, unfortunately that message...
  3. My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming: Hi. Yesterday my internet was boosted from 1GB to 2.2GB. and now my Xbox will not allow me to play online. The message on screen says waiting for relay. I would add that ten minutes before city...
  4. Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing: Why is nascar heat 5 not loading online 09b8d753-4c0e-4062-819a-24693cf0e9df
  5. My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over...: My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over the age of 18. How do I change that? ebf5b794-0478-4e02-8c20-7352c3226a45
  6. Minecraft Account cannot allow player to play multiplayer even though the parent has approved

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account cannot allow player to play multiplayer even though the parent has approved: Hi everyone! Basically I have came across this problem when I cannot play Minecraft multiplayer. The accounts I have two accounts. account 1 - a child account account 2 - the account which I...
  7. Allow child accounts on two family XBOX (One and One X) without parent account connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow child accounts on two family XBOX (One and One X) without parent account connected: Hi, I have two xbox (XBOX One and XBOX One X). The XBOX One X is setup as my default XBOX device. On this one, my child can connect with their child account (as members of my family group).On...
  8. I'm 19. Why does Xbox not allow me to sign in without a parent finishing set up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm 19. Why does Xbox not allow me to sign in without a parent finishing set up?: My account was working fine a couple of weeks ago. Today, I booted up my Xbox and signed into Live, only to get immediately signed out. When I then tried to sign back in, I was told I needed my...
  9. Allow custom gamerpic for under 18 users (when allowed by parent account)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow custom gamerpic for under 18 users (when allowed by parent account): I would really appreciate this feature being added, the ability to put custom gamer pics for user who are under 18 years of age when permission is given by parent account which is connected...
  10. Won't Allow Me to Get Xbox Live Gold - Won't Let Me Manage Parent Changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't Allow Me to Get Xbox Live Gold - Won't Let Me Manage Parent Changes: I cannot get Xbox Live Gold because of Parent Permissions. I have tried to go into family on the microsoft account to change that, but it does not show an option that I need. I need some help...