Allow headphones and mic through the 3.5mm jack when connected to Bluetooth

Discus and support Allow headphones and mic through the 3.5mm jack when connected to Bluetooth in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Would be good if I could use my headset with my controller for gamepass and the Xbox app on android and pc makes no sense that it doesn’t work as... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DanPrice142, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Allow headphones and mic through the 3.5mm jack when connected to Bluetooth

Would be good if I could use my headset with my controller for gamepass and the Xbox app on android and pc makes no sense that it doesn’t work as standard? I understand that Xbox proprietary connection is better but for devices that don’t have it Bluetooth should work would make a lot of sense for gamepass as it’s on devices without the proprietary hardware

submitted by /u/DanPrice142
    [link] [comments]

/u/DanPrice142, Dec 27, 2020
  2. mntdew7726 Win User

New 3.5mm Xbox One controllers don't seem to output sound unless a mic is detected?

I am having a similar issue with the new Master Chief controller for Xbox One. When I use my ear buds (without mic) I get sound through the controller and everything works fine. When I use my new headphones (over ear Bluetooth/aux capable) with the 3.5mm
    cable it detects the headphones but does not play sound. The headphones work on all of my other devices with 3.5mm jack.
  3. Hellhog Win User

Connect headphones to Xbox 360 Slim

You'll need an amplifier for one. I once connected regular headphones directly to the RCA cables using an RCA to 3.5mm jack adapter. The sound was really quiet. If you want to use simple headphones (as in no mic and not a headset), then a simple FiiO headphone
    amplifier will work for stereo sound. You just may need an RCA to 3.5mm jack adapter. If you want simulated surround sound, then a Turtle Beach DSS is required. You will use the Digital Optical out to connect the Xbox to the digital processor (amplifier).
    If you want to be able to use a mic and heaphones, then an Astro Mixamp is required. It will allow you to connect a mic TRS 3.5mm jack and heaphone TRS 3.5mm jack into a TRRS 3.5mm jack that connects into the mixamp. From there the Digital Optical from the
    Xbox connects to the mixamp, and a 2.5mm cable connects between the xbox controller and mixamp. HDMI already transmits audio, connecting the digital audio out on the xbox to the TV will do nothing. Usually, on the TV that is a digital audio out anyway (so
    connecting to it will do nothing). We need more information on your headphones though. How does the mic connector work? You're best bet may be to just buy the above pictured accessories and a small $15 heaphone amplifier and connect that way.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Wireless earbuds that support Xbox connect, is there such a thing?

You can plug a 3.5mm Bluetooth adapter into the headphone Jack. Please be aware of the likelihood of lag

You can also connect the Xbox via HDMI to a receiver that has Bluetooth
  5. StephM16 Win User

Xbox One - I can hear other players through my headset - but my mic isn't working.

The mic that’s on my headphones. I have bose and i tried apple and some others as well. Directly into the 3.5mm audio jack. Mic works on all headphones when plugged into my phone.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to that setup without a tv?

if the monitor has a headphone jack you can hook that up to a soundbar or speakers with a 3.5mm connector, if not then you would need to get a soundbar with hdmi connection with passthrough. or you could connect the soundbar to the controllers headphone jack but you would lose the ability to use mic.

there are also hdmi splitters that split off the audio to a headphone jack or optical.
Thema:

Allow headphones and mic through the 3.5mm jack when connected to Bluetooth

1. Allow headphones and mic through the 3.5mm jack when connected to Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Allow headphones mic

2. My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming: Hi. Yesterday my internet was boosted from 1GB to 2.2GB. and now my Xbox will not allow me to play online. The message on screen says waiting for relay. I would add that ten minutes before city...
  3. Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing: Why is nascar heat 5 not loading online 09b8d753-4c0e-4062-819a-24693cf0e9df
  4. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  5. Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?: Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg? I've got a cheater banned and this person has come back and reported me twice, resulting in two enforcement. I used the lfg for...
  6. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  7. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  8. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  9. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  10. Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...