All Xbox GamePass games have permission issue

Discus and support All Xbox GamePass games have permission issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I got a problem where all of my games downloaded from the Xbox Game Pass have permission issues in which I can't edit any of them as seen in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MAV2208, Mar 19, 2023.

1. MAV2208
    MAV2208 Guest

Hi,

I got a problem where all of my games downloaded from the Xbox Game Pass have permission issues in which I can't edit any of them as seen in my image attached (no edit feature) and have an error saying "This Access Control entry is corrupt" when I want to add in permission entry. I stumbled upon this problem when I wanted to create a profile using Logitech GHub for Snowrunner to tweak my G923 steering wheels configuration as it says I don't have permission to open this file (even though I'm the admin). I'm positive this is only affected by Xbox games I downloaded because other games such as F1 2022 (access through Xbox app but downloaded through EA, all permission and access seem to be fine).

I've already tried updating all necessary systems (Microsoft App, Windows, etc.) following the guide from Xbox Game Pass access denied "you may not have appropriate - Microsoft Community and did SFC scan for errors How to Fix 'Access Control Entry is Corrupt' Error on Windows? (appuals.com) but nothing seems to be helping in which I assume this problem is solely on Xbox games issues.

All Xbox GamePass games have permission issue [​IMG]

:)

MAV2208, Mar 19, 2023
  2. andretheclient_ T Win User

wow, does this guy work for microsoft, that is the most **** answer to your question(im having same problem) ive ever seen. Then he just trashes the ticket, F game pass, garbage app.
  3. MAV2208 Win User

Hi Geri,

It's not been resolve yet since I was busy with my work, hope you would understand. Thanks.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi MAV2208,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having issues to all downloaded games to your PC. As per description, access control has been corrupted.

Let's work on this together to sort it out. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. When did the problem start?
    2. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

We have found two general articles that has troubleshooting steps. Kindly check and follow the steps to see if works with you. Jus skip those whom you have done already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. MAV2208 Win User

hi Geri,

1. Last week

2. None, not to my knowledge.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hi MAV2208,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. All Xbox GamePass games have permission issue - Similar Threads - GamePass games permission

2. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  3. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  4. Xbox GamePass games suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox GamePass games suggestions: What games do you like to be added into xbox gamepass For me i think the best games that could be added is call of duty , carx drift racing , and crash series let me hear your thoughts...
  5. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  6. Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?: On forza, every time I hit the e-brake it makes the telemetry menu pop up. In rocket league, A is Jump. B is jump & boost. LT is Jump & boost. RT is drive and boost. B is just boost. X is drift &...
  7. How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?: Answer in title. How can i use PS4 controller with PC Gamepass games? DS4Windows isnt helping even with xbox 360 emulation. f80f36ef-95fa-46d4-a9f4-df4c9716716d
  8. Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...: Just bought gamepass ultimate and can t open games and i can t install games either. I reset and updated but it won t work. I paid the gp but it doesn t show that I have Gamepss, also he gp app...
  9. PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.: All of a sudden when I go to play Fallout 76 on my PC via Xbox game pass the game starts up just as it always had except now right when its at the title screen the game seemingly crashes with no...
  10. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...