All that glitters is not Games with Gold (**BAD MARKETING)

Discus and support All that glitters is not Games with Gold (**BAD MARKETING) in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I read this post which stated the proper method but I think this is absolute bunk! - When I start the XBOX and do not log into live - I can see what... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by StikStakeSchtik, Jan 5, 2015.

  1. All that glitters is not Games with Gold (**BAD MARKETING)


    I read this post which stated the proper method but I think this is absolute bunk!

    - When I start the XBOX and do not log into live - I can see what games are available with
    Games with Gold. There is a specific tile that appears and you can click it to see the game offered.

    - The moment I connect to LIVE no where does it show Games with Gold. As per the post (and I discovered this too) when you search manually for the game - then you can see it ... then it shows "Download
    Free" and you download it.

    Totally outrageous!! Why is this the case? I thought there was a reason for us to have Gold? And if so - why is MSFT advertising this on the non-LIVE accounts only? Shouldn't this be shown on both? And when logged into live it should show "Games with
    Gold - get yours now". Further, in order for this to even work - you must first figure out the game to begin with. I typically log into this site and download the games and/or do a Google (never ever Bing) search for the free games and that gets
    me the names. But how bogus.

    On the brighter side - we did get a few nice games albeit old - but ones we never would have paid for like Dead Rising 2 and Dead Island - of which my son loves to play. So there is value in the program and we are taking advantage of it. However, since
    both XBOX ONE and PS4 ditched supporting older apps, it was easy for us to move to PS4 - there they show you the PLUS offerings and you can choose which to download. We still have the XBOX 360 and GOLD accounts ... but what will be the continued incentive
    ... especially if they launch Halo 5 on ONE only. Wonder if the new CEO baked all of this into the new plans -- great job.

    Bottom line - they need to bring the Games with Gold program front and center and not force users to manually figure this out. Poor marketing plain and simple. Or totally planned - pick'em.

    ...

    :)
     
    StikStakeSchtik, Jan 5, 2015
    #1
  2. Wolfestein The New Order - Achiviements not unlocking

    Good night, then in the game Wolfenstein The New Order, I have fulfilled the purpose of conquest, but not unlocked.

    Are these two:

    All That glitters - Collect 25 gold items (I'm 33 now and nothing)

    Autopanzer - Unlock perk **** 6
     
    Carlinhoscwbr3, Jan 5, 2015
    #2
  3. paying 100m each for certain plans

    How have you guys farmed so much gold without the "All That Glitters" achievement popping? It must be bugged. I hate bugged achievements. Hopefully I don't have issues with it too.
     
    BigBabyBrother, Jan 5, 2015
    #3
  4. All that glitters is not Games with Gold (**BAD MARKETING)

    I am with you, I searched it yesterday and didn^t find it at the 360.

    so well with xbox.com I know now which game. (promoted)

    But purchasing the Game on xbox.com is not possible,

    it Forces me again to enter a Payment method,,,

    It is for free!! and by the way I got "Money (XB-live) Points.. so it should work.

    This happens every 3-6 months that we will be forced again to do this...

    I remember the same as I wanted SPartan Assault, or SuperTime Force, and once more where it was not possible to purchase it without Payment (CreditCards) via xbox.com

    I will try at 360 today, but this is embarrassing and not so "User friendly"

    espacially because of the Promotion for non Gold Members...

    I mention if I would be a total newbie to XBOX Live I would never find it! because it was on Home-Screen. and you would have my subrcription and I just stay at same Point like before..

    Needs improvement and durability!

    I wonder why this happen again and again.

    you fix it and a half year later exact the same...

    and for me it Looks like this should be a standart which you don^t should need to Change, at least not 3 times in a Year,,,

    oh I remember same at MAX:Course of Brotherhood...
     
    Bhutankam Pema, Jan 6, 2015
    #4
  5. Hey, guys! We very much appreciate the suggestions, however these would be best on our
    Feedback site! Posting it up over there will get the most visibility for your request to have the Games for Gold in a better place for users. If you see a similar suggestion to yours, give it a vote to move it up the
    Hot Ideas page! You can also check out what's marked as completed or in progress. This is all thanks to users like you. All that glitters is not Games with Gold (**BAD MARKETING) :D
     
    Misses Quinzel, Nov 3, 2018
    #5
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

    All that glitters is not Games with Gold (**BAD MARKETING)

    Hey, guys! We very much appreciate the suggestions, however these would be best on our
    Feedback site! Posting it up over there will get the most visibility for your request to have the Games for Gold in a better place for users. If you see a similar suggestion to yours, give it a vote to move it up the
    Hot Ideas page! You can also check out what's marked as completed or in progress. This is all thanks to users like you. :D
  7. Bhutankam Pema Win User

    All that glitters is not Games with Gold (**BAD MARKETING)

    I am with you, I searched it yesterday and didn^t find it at the 360.

    so well with xbox.com I know now which game. (promoted)

    But purchasing the Game on xbox.com is not possible,

    it Forces me again to enter a Payment method,,,

    It is for free!! and by the way I got "Money (XB-live) Points.. so it should work.

    This happens every 3-6 months that we will be forced again to do this...

    I remember the same as I wanted SPartan Assault, or SuperTime Force, and once more where it was not possible to purchase it without Payment (CreditCards) via xbox.com

    I will try at 360 today, but this is embarrassing and not so "User friendly"

    espacially because of the Promotion for non Gold Members...

    I mention if I would be a total newbie to XBOX Live I would never find it! because it was on Home-Screen. and you would have my subrcription and I just stay at same Point like before..

    Needs improvement and durability!

    I wonder why this happen again and again.

    you fix it and a half year later exact the same...

    and for me it Looks like this should be a standart which you don^t should need to Change, at least not 3 times in a Year,,,

    oh I remember same at MAX:Course of Brotherhood...
  8. godofdeath300 Win User

    What! Next year.

    polished , it better glitter like gold.
  9. UseYourIlusion Win User

    Dragon Age 3 is " stunningly beautiful " says dev.

    All that is gold does not glitter.

    The best Bioware games of this generation have been the least pretty ones, and while I would love Bioware to turn things around with DA3 I can't realistically see it happening.
  10. BigBabyBrother Win User

    paying 100m each for certain plans

    How have you guys farmed so much gold without the "All That Glitters" achievement popping? It must be bugged. I hate bugged achievements. Hopefully I don't have issues with it too.
Thema:

All that glitters is not Games with Gold (**BAD MARKETING)

Loading...
  1. All that glitters is not Games with Gold (**BAD MARKETING) - Similar Threads - glitters Games Gold

  2. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  3. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  4. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  5. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  6. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  7. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  8. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  9. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  10. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]