All setting have disappeared from our XBox One

Discus and support All setting have disappeared from our XBox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This morning we turned on our XBox One. It was like turning on a new system. The WiFi settings were gone, all of our login information is gone... It's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EvoEville, Dec 21, 2015.

1. EvoEville
    EvoEville Guest

This morning we turned on our XBox One. It was like turning on a new system. The WiFi settings were gone, all of our login information is gone... It's asking us to add our accounts.

I try logging in with my Microsoft account. After I enter the password it says "Log in with your Microsoft Account".

This is a significant problem. No one has done anything to the system. We used the system last night to watch a movie on Amazon. Please help.

:)

EvoEville, Dec 21, 2015
  2. Turtle Beach Recon 50 microphone not working

The microphone is not working at all with our xbox one. We have tried all the trouble setting advice from both xbox one and turtle beach with no success. The microphone works with my mobile and we've checked the settings on our xbox account. In device and
    settings on our xobx the 'volume' from the drop down menu won't highlight. Any suggestions?

M1NECRAFT3792, Dec 21, 2015
  3. All Captures Disappeared

All of my captures have disappeared. I haven't changed any settings but I know that it happened at the same time that my profile's Gamerscore Leaderboard went into a new month. All captures have disappeared from both my xbox one profile page and also when
    logged in online. I have power cycled my xbox etc but that hasn't changed anything.

Not sure if it's related but about 6 weeks ago my entire activity feed disappeared. So within a couple of months, both my entire activity feed and every single capture have all disappeared. Surely I can't be the only person this has happened to. Assistance
    would be most appreciated by anyone.

Cheers

CRADLE MOUNTAIN, Dec 21, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

It sounds like there has been a factory reset done on the console. Is it possible that it was done by mistake?

Were you in the preview program and opted out of it? If so that would have caused the factory reset to have been performed on the console.

{Parity}, Dec 21, 2015
  5. EvoEville
    EvoEville Guest
    That's what it looks like, but it wasn't done by us. I was the last one on the system last night, and the first one this morning. I am logged back in, but my children's and wife's information is gone. We don't remember their login information, and have zero
    idea on how to get it back. Does this mean that all of my son's game save information is gone too? Everything he worked for for a year?

EvoEville, Dec 21, 2015
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Your information and the games and apps are still on the console?

All the information should be stored in the cloud but you will have to log in with there existing credentials to be able to re-sync to your console.

{Parity}, Dec 21, 2015
  7. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Sorry to hear it. Please give phone support a call. So long as you can answer some account specific questions they should be able to provide the email addresses for the accounts. From there you should be able to reset the password to log in again.

If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

From there you'll be able to redownload your games by going to My Games & Apps and scrolling right until you see Ready to Install.

onyxishere, Dec 21, 2015
  8. EvoEville
    EvoEville Guest

Thank you all very kindly for the prompt responses! I will call support.

EvoEville, Oct 31, 2018
  9. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Please give phone support a call. So long as you can answer some account specific questions they should be able to provide the email addresses for the accounts. From there you should be able to reset the password to log in again.

If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

From there you'll be able to redownload your games by going to My Games & Apps and scrolling right until you see Ready to Install.
  10. {Parity} Win User

Your information and the games and apps are still on the console?

All the information should be stored in the cloud but you will have to log in with there existing credentials to be able to re-sync to your console.
  11. EvoEville Win User

Thank you all very kindly for the prompt responses! I will call support.
  12. EvoEville Win User

That's what it looks like, but it wasn't done by us. I was the last one on the system last night, and the first one this morning. I am logged back in, but my children's and wife's information is gone. We don't remember their login information, and have zero
    idea on how to get it back. Does this mean that all of my son's game save information is gone too? Everything he worked for for a year?
  13. {Parity} Win User

It sounds like there has been a factory reset done on the console. Is it possible that it was done by mistake?

Were you in the preview program and opted out of it? If so that would have caused the factory reset to have been performed on the console.
Thema:

1. All setting have disappeared from our XBox One - Similar Threads - setting disappeared

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  4. as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out

in XBoX on Windows
    as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out: I just installed among us and it says I need to change my privacy & online safety settings but when i go to settings it signs me out of my account 74de54d4-330a-4420-b250-01a6d044ba36
  5. Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings: Can someone explain to me what each frequency range represents? 125Hz, 250Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz My headset sounds terrible for first person shooters. submitted by /u/Hayden22Stone [link]...
  6. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  7. I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code at the family setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code at the family setting: I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code and now my games do not play 286f448f-b8f9-49b4-94e7-aef96fa3151d
  8. I keep trying to redeem my reward points for the goals set bit it never works

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep trying to redeem my reward points for the goals set bit it never works: I keep trying to redeem my rewards points for the goals but it never goes through. 50ff52c3-475c-44ab-b199-257ff483eda5
  9. How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?: For some reason my settings app on my Xbox one s has magically disappeared and I can only assume that someone has uninstalled it. Is there a way to get it back because I've been having so much...
  10. Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition disappeared + my birthdate got set wrong

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition disappeared + my birthdate got set wrong: This seems to be a two pronged issue: A little over three years ago I purchased Sea of Thieves. I am not 100% sure, but I think that was also the time I set up a Microsoft account, as I never had...