ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER

Discus and support ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Everybody (regardless of their audio signal routing) needs the option to control the volume/level of the party chat. Currently if the audio is sent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I iHAVOK I, Sep 13, 2018.

  1. I iHAVOK I
    I iHAVOK I Guest

    ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER


    Everybody (regardless of their audio signal routing) needs the option to control the volume/level of the party chat. Currently if the audio is sent though SPDIF and not HDMI, You don’t get the chat mixer (The one with the faders for “Headset volume”, “Headset
    chat mixer”, and “Mic monitoring”) in the side-bar menu.

    The only other software chat mixer is in the Xbox’s “Display & sound” settings which only allows you to reduce the volume of OTHER sounds (i.e. game) NOT the party chat volume.

    Some games do not have an overall volume control in their settings. So by turning up your volume to hear the game better you’re also turning up the volume of the party chat.
    THIS CAN PUT YOU IN SERIOUS DANGER OF HURTING YOUR EARS by someone in the party chat simple being too loud or not being careful with their microphone (i.e. hitting it) or having too much background noise.


    Headset’s like Astros or Turtle Beach have software/hardware that allows you to set a mix (ratio) between Chat vs Game. Again, if like me and the Xbox’s audio is sent through SPDIF (from the Xbox to an audio interface) then the entire bit steam of audio (Game
    & Chat) gets lumped together into 1 channel with no way to control either independently.

    THIS IS A GROSS OVERSIGHT THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ASAP

    :)
     
    I iHAVOK I, Sep 13, 2018
    #1
  2. Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?

    A few months ago, there used to be audio options under the system tab for Xbox One, but it was taken away. In these audio options, you could adjust the game volume and party volume with a slider. The closest thing I can find now is when I pick settings,
    display & sound, volume, and then chat mixer. The options in this chat mixer are - mute all other sounds, reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%, reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%, or do nothing. If this chat mixer is for party chat, I can tell you
    right now that it doesn't work. No matter what option is selected, the party volume to game volume is always the same, with no difference, the game is loud and the party is quiet. Is this chat mixer for the Mixer feature, because there's already audio options
    for that, so I wouldn't think so. So again, if the chat mixer is for party chat, it doesn't work. Where can I adjust how loud the party volume is compared to game volume for my headset?
     
    Jousma Family, Sep 13, 2018
    #2
  3. mikthemost
    mikthemost Guest
    chat system on xbox since the update

    Since update chat mixer does not work at all. Game volume remains loud and drowns out party chat. Please help.
     
    mikthemost, Sep 13, 2018
    #3
  4. I iHAVOK I
    I iHAVOK I Guest

    ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER

    Ideally, there should be an independent level control for every person in the chat under their name (not only a mute/un-mute).
     
    I iHAVOK I, Sep 13, 2018
    #4
  5. Geth
    Geth Guest
    Most streamers use a 3rd party program and usually run 2 monitors for detailed issues and fixes like this.

    But that is a decent suggestion. But probably not an oversight.
     
  6. I iHAVOK I
    I iHAVOK I Guest
    This has nothing to do with streaming or the monitor/screen/tv.

    It has to do with the fact that only some people have an audio mixer in their side bar settings menu that can reduce the level/volume of the chat.


    ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER [​IMG]


    ALL XBOX MEMBERS SHOULD HAVE THIS, IT IS A HUMAN DECENCY TO ALLOW FOR THE VOLUME OF CHAT TO BE REDUCED SO THAT SERIOUS HARM TO ONES EARS CAN BE AVOIDED.
     
    I iHAVOK I, Sep 14, 2018
    #6
  7. LegoNinja187
    LegoNinja187 Guest
    Hello, I suggest you put this idea forward on
    Xbox Ideas
    . That would be the best way to get your voice heard about this issue, and have the chance for Xbox to do something about it, however there is no guarantee that this will become a feature.
     
    LegoNinja187, Nov 3, 2018
    #7
  8. Geth Win User

    ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER

    Most streamers use a 3rd party program and usually run 2 monitors for detailed issues and fixes like this.

    But that is a decent suggestion. But probably not an oversight.
  9. LegoNinja187 Win User

    ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER

    Hello, I suggest you put this idea forward on
    Xbox Ideas
    . That would be the best way to get your voice heard about this issue, and have the chance for Xbox to do something about it, however there is no guarantee that this will become a feature.
  10. I iHAVOK I Win User

    ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER

    Ideally, there should be an independent level control for every person in the chat under their name (not only a mute/un-mute).
  11. I iHAVOK I Win User

    ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER

    This has nothing to do with streaming or the monitor/screen/tv.

    It has to do with the fact that only some people have an audio mixer in their side bar settings menu that can reduce the level/volume of the chat.


    [​IMG]


    ALL XBOX MEMBERS SHOULD HAVE THIS, IT IS A HUMAN DECENCY TO ALLOW FOR THE VOLUME OF CHAT TO BE REDUCED SO THAT SERIOUS HARM TO ONES EARS CAN BE AVOIDED.
  12. AridLizard Win User

    Party Chat TOO LOUD

    it's probably the Chat Mixer settings reducing the game volume.

    go into Settings (the gear icon) then select Display & sound

    select Volume from the options on the right

    select Chat Mixer

    select Do Nothing

    this should stop the Party Chat from lowering game volume and allow you to hear what is going on.

    hope this helps
Thema:

ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER

Loading...
  1. ALL NEED ABILITY TO REDUCE PARTY CHAT VOLUME VIA SOFTWARE MIXER - Similar Threads - NEED ABILITY REDUCE

  2. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  6. need someone smarter then me lol

    in XboX Insiders
    need someone smarter then me lol: dumb question/post and I know and its in beta lol but I read battlefield 6 should work for disc to digital but mine always says congrats it worked!! but it don't work but I got the GTA remake to...
  7. Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...: Just wondering what ring I would need to update my Xbox to get the update on Monday? (I’m not sure it’s been announced yet? ) submitted by /u/falkirkboi [link] [comments]
  8. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817
  9. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 97179966-61f9-4f9a-9fc7-c9977172de08
  10. We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor

    in XBoX Accessibility
    We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor: We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor, because i loved spending hours messing around with the characters back in 2019, but now i'm super bummed out that i have to...