All my local game captures have dissapeared

Discus and support All my local game captures have dissapeared in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just recently powered up my old xbox one to retrieve and back up the clips i locally had stored on there but when i had checked for captures there were... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JBrems7, May 25, 2024.

1. JBrems7
    JBrems7 Guest

Just recently powered up my old xbox one to retrieve and back up the clips i locally had stored on there but when i had checked for captures there were none to be found, checked around in settings for anything but nothing could be found; are they hidden anywhere in the console or have they all been deleted without me knowing?

:)

JBrems7, May 25, 2024
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

Hi there JBrems7. I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues finding your old captures.

Go to Settings > System > Storage. Check if your captures are saved on internal storage or an external drive.
    Review the Captures Location:

Select Recent Captures and change the source to see if they appear under All Captures instead of just the recent ones.

Ensure that you are signed in with the same account that was used to record the clips.

If your console was connected to Xbox Live, check if the clips are stored in the cloud. Clips that have been stored for 90 days or longer on the live cloud will be permanently deleted.

If none of the above steps work, you might try performing a soft reset of your console. Go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console. Choose the option to Reset and keep my games & apps. This will reset the OS and potentially resolve any software glitches while retaining your games and apps.

If you had any external storage devices connected to your Xbox One, make sure to check those as well. Sometimes captures can be saved to an external drive if configured that way.

Open the Xbox app on your phone or PC. Go to the captures section to see if your clips were uploaded automatically.

Check if there's an automatic deletion setting enabled. Go to Settings > Preferences > Capture & Share and see if any settings might be causing clips to be deleted.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. grolph Win User

Help, all my local captures have disappeared.

@TheHooiganTX Thanks for the suggestion about the privacy settings. I've had a look and everything is set to as open as possible.

Also Upload Studio was already installed. I don't have an app called Game DVR.
  4. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

I think there is something to it though.

After reading this topic, I checked out my screenshots / clips on my Xbox and noticed all of the ones that were not uploaded yet are gone except for 1 from 14 days ago.

I've taken several screenshots of environments in Red Dead 2, and a video of a bear attacking me because it kind of glitched when it happened. Those are all gone.
  5. grolph Win User

Thanks for the link, though that looks like it only applies to captures on xbox live, not local storage.
  6. Edgarour Win User

hola, realmente es una pena y más porque sabemos que son capturas que nos costo mucho obtener o que simplemente no se repetirán yo te recomiendo que cheques https://gamerdvr.com/ a ver
    si están, solo busca tu GT y listo y si no aparecen posiblemente alguien te jugo una muy mala broma.

Saludos
Thema:

1. All my local game captures have dissapeared - Similar Threads - local game captures

2. play multiplayer games with local xbox consoles

in XBoX on Windows
    play multiplayer games with local xbox consoles: In my house there is 2 Xbox one consoles and 1 pc. I wish to play the same game multiplayer with the 2 Xbox consoles. I have Gamepass ultimate on my account. I am the only adult. I own the game...
  3. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  4. xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online: Hi Microsoft! I'm looking into games for the xbox series s/x that can be played by 4 players at the same time, with 2 local players on one xbox series x, and 2 other players joining remotely via...
  5. What is the local saved games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the local saved games: If I clear the local saved games will it delete my installed games and will it clear my online saves and what does this affect????? 8d6375dc-7bdf-4c1f-adab-7e9fbb4e9ac2
  6. How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List?

in XboX Insiders
    How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List?: How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List? How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List? I'm trying to play 4 multiplayer...
  7. Is there a way for me to keep my saves when clearing local saved games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way for me to keep my saves when clearing local saved games?: Alright, so just for some context, I play a lot of Minecraft, and I keep getting this notification that my data isn’t syncing with the cloud. I’ve had this happen previously, and when I did what...
  8. Overwrite cloud save data with local game data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwrite cloud save data with local game data: My Dream Light Valley profile, which you're allowed only one game, was deleted in the cloud and I lost all game progress there. On my Xbox S, however, I still have my old profile and most of my...
  9. I can't play xbox 360 games on my xbox after clearing my local xbox 360 storage

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play xbox 360 games on my xbox after clearing my local xbox 360 storage: For a while I haven't been able to sign into xbox live whilst playing my xbox 360 games. I decided to clear my local 360 storage which made the problem worse. Now whenever I load into an xbox 360...
  10. my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.: very frustrating not being able to reset games to first-time start up. there was a thread already asking this in 2019, this still hasn’t been solved a46866b2-4468-4c2d-8924-1d09feb56bf9