All Microsoft emails arrive in the wrong language.

Discus and support All Microsoft emails arrive in the wrong language. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; This has been an ongoing issue for many years now. Over a decade ago I made an Xbox account to play a game with some friends while visiting. It was... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Raeth, May 3, 2022.

1. Raeth
    Raeth Guest

This has been an ongoing issue for many years now. Over a decade ago I made an Xbox account to play a game with some friends while visiting. It was apparently later hacked and accessed by someone in France. As best I can tell, no other part of my Microsoft account or login was ever compromised. Despite this, when I discovered the issue, I changed all of my credentials and secured my account. Ever since, emails from Microsoft have been sent to me in French despite changing and updating my language, display language, language preference and email language settings in my Microsoft Account, Xbox account, Skype account, Outlook account and anywhere else I can find. I have opened multiple tickets (I try again every few years) and called in to phone support twice. Yet to no avail. Still, the emails are in French and nothing I or anyone at Microsoft has ever done has been able to correct this.

So... here's yet another attempt to discover some solution. Last time I called, I got a very helpful gentleman who admitted that this was a known issue and that there was not currently a way to fix it without logging into my Xbox account on an actual Xbox with Xbox Live service (neither of which I had), but was hopeful that once a pending Xbox Live website integration was completed that it would either resolve on its own or I would then be able to change it. Since then, I have once again tried changing my language and setting it back to English on all available platforms two different times in two different years, yet still there is no hope.

Looking up similar threads, they usually end the same way... "old accounts don't seem to be fixable" and the trail goes cold. Has anyone ever encountered AND solved this problem? Can anyone fix it now or suggest some new step?

Thank you in advance!

:)

Raeth, May 3, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Raeth! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Could you share a screenshots with examples of the emails you received during this time in french, this to know which of the Microsoft services is set on a different language and try to solve it
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Email Wrong Language

Hello Thomas,

Email settings misconfiguration could be a reason why you're receiving emails in a different language. We suggest checking if your time zone and country in the settings is correct. Here are the steps on how to check time zone and country of your account:

Go to https://account.microsoft.com/ and sign in.

Select Edit personal info.

Locate Home, choose your country on the drop-down that you can see beside Country/ region.

Kindly set your Country's region and time zone.

Hit Save.

Hope it helps !
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Email Wrong Language

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. According to what you told us, I recommend that you try the solutions provided in the threads below, which are related to the same subject.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

*We thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

How do I set the Xbox UI, all over the whole Xbox to English, no matter the location???

Login to your Microsoft account, check there not just on the console. Since you email are arriving in the incorrect language it is likely not the console setting.

Kindly follow the steps below to change your account's default
    language setting:

1. Sign in to your account.
    2. Go to this link to view the list of languages on your account.
    3. Select the language you want to use.
    4. Click the Save button found at the bottom of the language choices.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Email from Xbox in wrong language

Hi,

Thanks for your post. Have you received emails like this one before but in English? This should not continue and could be an error with the internal mailing list. Be sure to check the information on your
    account is correct on the
    Microsoft Accoun
    t site.

Let us know how this goes, thanks again.
Thema:

1. All Microsoft emails arrive in the wrong language. - Similar Threads - Microsoft emails arrive

2. Microsoft Digital Safety email

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft Digital Safety email: Violation of our policy Hello [My Full Name], Content associated with your account was reported to Microsoft as violating our terms, policy, or laws. The details are as follows: Service or...
  3. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  4. Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked: Hello. My sons XBox account has been hacked. When he tries to sign in to his email outlook account says it does not exist. Is there anything we can do to recover it and fix it? Thanks...
  5. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  6. Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...: When I put in the code for the gift card it told me could not find code or code cannot be found 8bf70964-4a5e-4da6-9cdb-207921cb8d3f
  7. I’m now not receiving any emails from Microsoft

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m now not receiving any emails from Microsoft: I’ve been submitting account recovery requests for about 4 days now and nothing no response at all what should I do I can’t contact chat support neither can I contact them on a call since it’s...
  8. I got an email this morning saying that Microsoft had initiated a refund request. I haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I got an email this morning saying that Microsoft had initiated a refund request. I haven’t...: I got this email this morning saying that Microsoft had initiated my refund request providing a reference number and everything. I compared the email that I received this morning to a previous...
  9. I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...: I had a Minecraft account with a username and password, which is apparently now not of use after the accounts got migrated to Microsoft accounts. I migrated my account but I do not remember...
  10. Locked out Microsoft after someone trying to hack email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out Microsoft after someone trying to hack email: one of my family members has there email blocked after someone try to log on to his email from a different country he trying to recover it but getting no where this the email he had for many years...