all local captures (clips) got deleted. How to recover them?

Discus and support all local captures (clips) got deleted. How to recover them? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello. I was away for few days and played on my brother's xbox (series s) with my account. When I came back home, I did an software update on my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Arianiti, May 29, 2023.

1. Arianiti
    Arianiti Guest

Hello.

I was away for few days and played on my brother's xbox (series s) with my account. When I came back home, I did an software update on my xbox one s. Today, I wanted to upload some of my local clips but they are all gone! I don't know if the update or playing on another device has anything to do with it, but how can I recover the clips, if that's possible.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Arianiti, May 29, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

It is really weird for your captures to go away just like that. Updates or playing on another console should not afftect this matter.

Unfortunately there is no backup for these captures :(
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

can you recover auto deleted clips?

See if they are still available in the hard drive. (Captures Menu - Filter for "Saved in console")

The best is to explain how works the capture system in xbox one. When you capture a screenshot or a clip the first thing that the console do is save locally, in the hard drive and then will automatically (if you have cloud space available) upload to xbox live
    server. Even if you delete or xbox live deletes the capture, it will be always available locally in the hard drive.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Clipes excluidos[Excluded clips]

Hi joelson,

Thanks for your post. Once a clip is deleted, there is no way to recover a deleted clip. For future reference, you can download your clips from Xbox Live to your PC and have them locally if you'd like to clear space on your OneDrive.

I hope this helps.
  5. Francia J. Win User

My xbox console clips are gone why?

Thank you so much for that and I apologize as it may have been deleted and with game clips that were stored on the local storage, there is no option for us to recover them.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Game Clips aren't syncing to the PC or mobile App. (But shows they are successfully being uploaded from the console.)

Hello Robby5572,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are having issues synching your game clips captures across your devices. Let us see how we can help.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Where did you save your captured game clips? Captures recorded to an external drive can’t be uploaded to the Xbox network from your console.
    2. When did the issue start?
    3. Is this happening to all captured game clips?

It is possible that your captured game clips are stored locally and not uploaded in OneDrive, To make your game clips synched to all devices, you must upload it to OneDrive and access it through OneDrive. You can have the option to store your captured game clips locally in your PC or using external drive from your Xbox console.

To manage where you store your captures on your Xbox console, you will need to launch the Captures app. To do this, press the Xbox button and go to My games & apps > See all > Apps > Captures.

From here you can select the Manage option which will allow you to see all your captures. When you select one or more captures, the available options may change based on the types of content. You can initiate the following bulk actions to multiple captures at the same time:

• Delete will remove the selected captures from your console and the Xbox network
    • Upload to OneDrive will add the selected captures to your OneDrive account but will not delete them from the console or Xbox network
    • Copy to external drive will copy the selected captures to the desired external drive but will not delete them from your console or Xbox network.

For your reference on how to manage your game clips, see: Back up your game clips | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. all local captures (clips) got deleted. How to recover them? - Similar Threads - local captures clips

2. PGA Tour 2K23 local guest options

in XBoX Accessibility
    PGA Tour 2K23 local guest options: You can import another profile from the same console as another player. But will this bring over their stats as well? Or does this only bring over their name? Also id there a way for a guest...
  3. Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series: Is Xbox split screen working after update to Fortnite today 3a69d581-243a-45c3-a402-8174b9aebd3c
  4. Local save data full

in XBoX on Consoles
    Local save data full: My xbox has started giving me the message 'not enough space for save data, please clear some space and retry' I cleared the local save data from the settings menu but it is recurring every couple...
  5. Halo Infinity local multiplayer set up questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinity local multiplayer set up questions: I have Game Pass for my Xbox One and my friend has a game pass for Xbox series X we can both play multiplayer on separate TVs as we have separate devices. I know that Halo multiplayer is free even...
  6. Various Updates to Properly reflect local language is a Meme.

in XboX Insiders
    Various Updates to Properly reflect local language is a Meme.: Again, another patch note blog with nothing in it but “various updates to properly reflect local language”. This line has to become a meme at some point. Let’s look at all the fixes implemented...
  7. Are there any recent plans to add local co-op or account sharing to Xcloud?

in XboX Insiders
    Are there any recent plans to add local co-op or account sharing to Xcloud?: Regarding local coop, I was thinking about adding compatibility for 2 controls in a single game, for example, FIFA 23, where I believe that many players would like to play 1v1 with friends....
  8. Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!: Okay I'm a multiplatform player been with Xbox since the well, Xbox. I'm going to skip a trip down memory lane and land at the creation of cloud saves. When it was first introduced it worked...
  9. Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC.: Hi, and thanks to anyone here to help. The issue we're running into is not being able to connect and use 2 elite controllers with the USB connector dongles (one older and one new, both controllers...
  10. Why are majority of my local captures gone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are majority of my local captures gone?: Hey, i recently checked my captures on my xbox series X, and theyre all almost deleted, i only have some from 17 days ago. I was wondering why that would be the case. Its my local storage and i...