All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio

Discus and support All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone explain why every single one of my game captures stored directly to my Xbox storage were deleted when Upload Studio was discontinued? I had... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dippin Linton, Mar 5, 2021.

1. All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio

Can anyone explain why every single one of my game captures stored directly to my Xbox storage were deleted when Upload Studio was discontinued? I had years of clips saved that are now just completely gone because of someone else's decision?

:)

Dippin Linton, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

didnt delete any of mine, also how many clip did you have, as the xbox will only store so much then it starts overwriting the old with new.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

9-days-old Captures Missing

Hi Alexkatbat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

When you make a capture, the file that represents it exists only on your console. Uploading your captures to the Xbox network is helpful for two things: viewing your captures when you’re using a mobile or PC app from Xbox, and sharing your captures.

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload.

Things to keep in mind

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

All this information it's available on support site

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Xbox clips have disappeared

Hi MackNewman23,

Have you tried doing the following

Manage your game clips on Xbox One

When you make game clips using the Xbox One capturing feature, you can use the Upload Studio app to view and edit them. You can work from game clips you’ve captured, or you can record video or audio commentary about your clips using your Kinect sensor.

Note Upload Studio is not installed to your Xbox One console by default. You can download it for free from the
    Microsoft Store

To find and edit your clips:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to Broadcast & capture.
    2. Select Recent captures. If your clip isn’t a recent one, select See All.
    3. Select the clip that you want to edit, and then select Edit in Upload Studio.
    4. If Upload Studio is already installed, it will open to your clip and you can begin editing. See Editing videos with Upload Studio to learn how
      to edit your videos.
    Here’s another way to find your clips:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Go to Broadcast & capture, and then select Capture > Manage Captures.
    3. The default filter shows everything already published on Xbox Live.
    4. To see clips you’ve captured but not yet uploaded, select the filter On Xbox Live and choose On this Xbox.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Screen captures lost while offline

Deletion after 30 days is only applicable for captures that were uploaded to Xbox Network. The only reason can be is that they were manually deleted, the capture isn’t successful, or you have performed a reset on your console.

For your reference you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/games-apps/...
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox live captures on pc

Hey Jason!

Thanks for reaching out to us today. Game clips on Xbox are recorded, edited, and shared from the Game DVR feature associated to the Upload Studio app. The Upload Studio app is the only way to upload and share clips that you recorded from Xbox or Xbox on
    Windows 10.

As of right now, I don't think there is a way to convert or transfer your recorded files that are captured using your internal graphics card. All clips are captured using the Game DVR feature and then edited and shared from Upload Studio.

Look over our
    Game DVR and Upload Studio on Xbox One
    article online that goes over how to record and share clips on Xbox.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio - Similar Threads - game captures deleted

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  4. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  5. Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record: Hello There, So for the past 4 days, basically since the new update, I’ve been have a TON of trouble with My Xbox Captures. I have been recording Xbox captures with my 2 TB Seagate external 3.0...
  6. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures": I have been using the Xbox game bar to screen record usually but I was running out of storage. I moved the captures to a hard drive and when I started to record something else on my game bar it...
  8. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  9. Nearly all Xbox Game Captures deleted without warning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nearly all Xbox Game Captures deleted without warning: Over the past years, my Xbox has accumulated over a thousand captures. Xbox did not have a way to back up these captures to another device until a few months ago. I tried using OneDrive, but most...
  10. My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...: Yes my Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save-as much as I’ve looked around for answers online to this solution I can tell that many people have had this same problem through all...