All (and only) xbox players are muted on Cod MW2

Discus and support All (and only) xbox players are muted on Cod MW2 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've noticed on Cod MW2 for a while now that there are players who are muted and cannot be unmuted. It was only a couple of days ago I realised... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PieintheKisser, Dec 4, 2022.

1. All (and only) xbox players are muted on Cod MW2

Hi,

I've noticed on Cod MW2 for a while now that there are players who are muted and cannot be unmuted. It was only a couple of days ago I realised that these same players have an option for me to view their gamecard, and it appears ALL xbox players are set to mute and I can't unmute them. PC + PS players I can talk to with no problems. I play on an Xbox series X and I have checked all my privacy settings and they are all set to open, I've had the account for 16 years and never noticed this problem before and as far as im aware I have not been muted/banned.

I have tried unplugging the xbox and holding the power cable down. setting all the privacy settings to block, unplugging the console and resetting, resetting all the privacy settings to open, unplugging the console and resetting once more and it has made no difference.

Recently I did port forwarding to switch my NAT from moderate to open, but I cant see how this would now have caused the mute problem

Has anyone had this problem and worked out how to fix it?

Thanks!

:)

PieintheKisser, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Humptysdump Win User

I cant mute certain players, it skips right over them, then the names of previous players stay on my screen even though I not playing with them, it seems to me it started after the last big update. I have only seen this in multiplayer....
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this PIEINTHEKISSER

Just to confirm, is this happening only inside Warzone?
    Or if you try another game something similar happens?
  4. CHAD TPRUITT Win User

How to Unmute myself

Well, I know that I am going to get blasted for this but: I can't mute myself no matter how hard I try! I mean, ever since I stumbled across this thread, I have have tried to "mute" myself on all of the mentioned games (plus a few more) and I can't do
    it,

I just played thru one online game on COD: BO, COD: MW2, Halo Reach and GOW3 and I get the same result: everytime I pull up the menu required to mute players in the game and highlight my name with cursor, the "mute" vanishes....I cannot mute myself either accidentally
    or intentionally. Even with the "mute strangers" on GOW 3 I can't do it: when I press "mute strangers" everybody gets muted except me! I get the message "(some GT) muted" all the way down the list. But I do not get it...I don't get muted!

I can't understand how all of you are doing it accidentally when I can't even do it intentionally!
  5. orion796 Win User

Calling all good MW2 players!

there arent any good players on mw2..they are on cod 4
  6. SpecOperations9 Win User

Modern Warfare 3 worth buying?

The campaign is, for the most part, identical to MW2. I love the game, beaten all three on veteran and all, but if you're not a hardcore CoD player, don't waste your money.
Thema:

1. All (and only) xbox players are muted on Cod MW2 - Similar Threads - players are muted

2. Can you add the pop player app on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you add the pop player app on xbox: Hey xbox can you please add the pop player app on microsoft store please 362c070b-c143-4730-97c9-38c8f9805a36
  3. Throne and Liberty Global Closed Beta Free access for Xbox Players

in XboX Insiders
    Throne and Liberty Global Closed Beta Free access for Xbox Players: Hello guys , If you are interested with MMORPG You can taste amazing free 2 play mmorpg's closed beta test , free access from Xbox insider hub . Here is video how you can do it...
  4. Stampede: Racing Royale - Insider Program Player Survey (fill out pls ty <3)

in XboX Insiders
    Stampede: Racing Royale - Insider Program Player Survey (fill out pls ty <3): Hey folks - as Insiders I know you're very used to surveys by now... but if you've played the Stampede: Racing Royale playtest, our team would hugely appreciate it if you filled out our own...
  5. I'm looking for a single player pc game

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm looking for a single player pc game: Good morning friends I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates Which one do you have to offer me? 875c1e8d-78ec-4cbf-a009-81e24489f9e5
  6. When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...: Me and friend trying to play local coop but be in party with friends not on same xbox. Xbox auto kills the ability for me and my friend to hear each other on the assumption we don't no how to...
  7. Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.: I tried downloading the Blu-Ray Player from the Microsoft Store, and for some reason, it refuses to actually download. It remains stuck at 0% despite me having left it to download overnight in...
  8. Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1: Hello, I have 4 xbox controllers plugged in on my Win 10 machine, every time the PC resets different controller is set up as player 1/default controller, its like the ID's of the controllers...
  9. ModsCraft server 1 player without any reason ban and mute me

in XBoX Accessibility
    ModsCraft server 1 player without any reason ban and mute me: Minecraft ModsCraft server 1 player without any reason ban and mute me 1edc67ea-3437-493f-924f-3cfea80494e4
  10. How to mute music for other players

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to mute music for other players: I have windows 11. how do i make it so people in my party dont hear my music? bed22e47-0f8b-487d-a2fc-850739bdfda4