Alexa Xbox Skill Missing (in Australia)

Discus and support Alexa Xbox Skill Missing (in Australia) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/mattstralia [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mattstralia, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Alexa Xbox Skill Missing (in Australia)

/u/mattstralia, Jun 14, 2019
  2. ScottHancock Win User

Amazon Alexa Skill for Xbox One in Australia.

Hi,

I recently purchased an Amazon Echo Dot and was wondering when we can expect to be able to use Alexa in Australia? I know it is only available in US and UK atm but was really wanting to use my Dot on my Xbox here in Aus. Can we please arrange for this to
    happen as I really would love to control my Xbox with my voice. Also I see the option to use digital assistants in the settings on the Xbox but its not letting me use the Dot because the skill that you need to download won’t come up in the Amazon app. So if
    we can get this feature up and running soon that’d be GREAT! Thanks
    ok mate this is what I did, this might not be a solution for you but I bought an alexa purely to do this, I have google home for everything else, so I didn't care about other skills.

I made a brand new amazon account on the US amazon website, after that set up it assumed my location to be AU, so I went to "http://www.amazon.com/mycd",
    selected preferences and then entered a fake US address, it will ask you if you are ok for it to change everything to US, this will stuff up your Australian purchases I assume so make sure it's a brand new account.

Then go back to the skill "https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox/dp/B07H25BSCN"
    and link your Microsoft account again. now close you app on your phone and reopen it, it should now have everything coming up like you are in America.

Alexa will start talking like an American when you do this too.

Any more questions or you are stuck just let me know.
  3. FrankLimonelli Win User

Thanks. Will post it there as well and hope we can get this moving!
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

As previously mentioned head over to
    xbox uservoice
    and post this over there.

Back when Cortana was a thing, I was waiting for her to be available in Australia, but that never came to be. So I don't know if we will get this to be honest.
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

Good day

I would suggest you post on the user voice website aswell.

xbox.uservoice.com
  6. FrankLimonelli Win User

Thanks for advice. Will do.
Thema:

Alexa Xbox Skill Missing (in Australia)

1. Alexa Xbox Skill Missing (in Australia) - Similar Threads - Alexa Skill Missing

2. Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa

in XBoX on Windows
    Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa: I've been using an Amazon Echo Dot to control my Xbox Series X with voice commands via Alexa for over a year. Up until yesterday it was working fine, then last night it suddenly stopped working...
  3. Alexa skill for xbox in India

in XBoX on Consoles
    Alexa skill for xbox in India: Hi team, I've been having a great experience on xbox however i wanted to make the setup even smarter and bought an alexa device to enhance it. However currently looks like the XBOX skill is not...
  4. Will the Xbox skill on Alexa ever be available in Ireland?

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox skill on Alexa ever be available in Ireland?: Does anyone know anything about that I would really want to know submitted by /u/afroboy888 [link] [comments]
  5. Alexa video skill voice commands have not been working for around 6 weeks now. Any word on...

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa video skill voice commands have not been working for around 6 weeks now. Any word on...: I spoke to an Xbox dev about this a month ago and he confirmed that they were no longer working and said he was going to contact Amazon to find out what was going on, as the issue was with them,...
  6. Alexa app skill record that action

in XBoX on Mobile
    Alexa app skill record that action: Alexa skill wont record that it just keeps saying something went wrong 3de44005-e81d-421c-b28b-e2b20dec95a8
  7. Alexa Skill vocal commands stopped working

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa Skill vocal commands stopped working: I report this problem here because I couldn’t find the numeric assistants in the Xbox Insider Hub app. Every time I ask Alexa something on Xbox (Alexa, Tell Xbox to open app) it answers « Opening...
  8. XBox One Alexa Skill

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox One Alexa Skill: Hi, When is the Alexa skill expected to be launched in India? cf976c78-ed54-47f5-8aee-aadfd77db1b6
  9. Alexa skill not turning on the xbox. Does turn it off.

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa skill not turning on the xbox. Does turn it off.: Anyone else have the issue where Alexa cannot turn on the xbox? Obviously it is in power saving mode, has been hard reset and the skill is checked in the xbox settings. "Alexa turn off the xbox"...
  10. July 2019 Xbox Update Delivers New Features For Xbox Game Pass, And Xbox Skill For Alexa

in XBoX on Consoles
    July 2019 Xbox Update Delivers New Features For Xbox Game Pass, And Xbox Skill For Alexa: These are all good updates!! Thanks for sharing this info!!! 9e32cf58-98e1-41cc-9b1d-90a59be2c367