Alexa Routine to Turn On Xbox Gives Introduction Prompts

Discus and support Alexa Routine to Turn On Xbox Gives Introduction Prompts in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I was able to successfully pair my Xbox One S to my Amazon Echo and can successfully turn the device on and off with voice commands. However, when I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SoSlo2, Aug 17, 2020.

1. /u/SoSlo2
    /u/SoSlo2 Guest

I was able to successfully pair my Xbox One S to my Amazon Echo and can successfully turn the device on and off with voice commands. However, when I attempt to add the skill to a routine that dims the lights and turns on the backlit lights for my TV, Alexa will get all the way to the Xbox task and then say "Welcome to Xbox you are set up to control your Xbox console via Alexa. Try saying Alexa "tell Xbox to start a party or tell Xbox to record that."

So far, I have tried disabling and re-enabling the Xbox skill in the Alexa app, changing the managing device to a different echo, and completely deleting then recreating the entire routine several times. I also searched for someone else with the same experience but came up empty handed.

submitted by /u/SoSlo2
    [link] [comments]

/u/SoSlo2, Aug 17, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Goomba Slayer 2 Win User

2 xboxes and alexa

You can only have one linked to it at a time Set up Alexa with Xbox One

Note Xbox Skill for Alexa may not be available in all locales.

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles.

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”
  3. H3PA80R Win User

kinect

You could connect your alexa device with your xbox. Works pretty good for me.

Here is how it works:

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see
    Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under
    Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”

And if needed to set it up for more than one Xbox:

Connecting and using Alexa with more than one Xbox involves some extra steps. Those steps depend on the type of commands you’re using.

To connect your first Xbox, see Set up Alexa as a digital assistant for Xbox One.
    To connect a second Xbox to Alexa:

1. Sign in on the Xbox you want to control. The Xbox you’re signed in to will automatically be linked (you can also enable it on your console under
      System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Digital assistants).
    2. Say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair” to the Alexa device you plan on using to control the signed-in Xbox.
    3. Open the Alexa app, then go to Smart Home, select Add Device, and choose device type Other.
    4. Once your Xbox is discovered, change the default name “Xbox” to something else if your first console is also named “Xbox.” This is the device name you’ll use for smart home commands.

Standard commands

Standard commands begin with the phrase “Alexa, tell Xbox to…” and target the Xbox you’re currently signed in to. If you want another Xbox to interact with Alexa, sign in to that console and say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair.” Alexa will
    then start sending commands from that Alexa device to that Xbox.

Smart home commands

Smart home commands, such as “Alexa, turn off Xbox” can work with more than one console if they have different names.

By default, Alexa gives the first discovered console the name “Xbox.” Additional consoles are given default names of “Xbox [####]” to tell them apart, but you can change the console name in the Alexa app to something friendlier, like
    “Upstairs Xbox” or “Josie’s Xbox.” This will enable commands like “Alexa, turn down the volume on Upstairs Xbox.”

Another option is to change the system name of one or more consoles in
    System > Settings > System > Console info to something like “DENXBOX,” for example. Alexa will then identify the Xbox by that name.
  4. Savvy Joe Win User

XBox Issues

Good news! I got Alexa control working again on the Xbox. Since Alexa sends the signal to the Xbox to turn the volume up/down on the TV, I went to TV control settings in the Xbox settings. Someone had played around with these settings and turned off TV control.
    Now Alexa can control the Xbox/TV volume again.

Unfortunately, the problem with the Xbox app connecting to my Xbox continues. Any advice on this would be appreciated! Thank you for the responses so far!
  5. Disorderlytom Win User

Alexa not working with Xbox one

Just the same thing here but it was with Microsoft i gave permission for xbox and Microsoft to "work together" and i did the voice thing and I give Alexa permission to work with xbox.....but i forgot to give Alexa permission to work with Microsoft and
    vice versa anyways thanks for the help
  6. matthewHernandez5 Win User

removing xbox one from amazon alexa

I tried this and my friends alexa can still turn off my xbox any other suggestions?
Thema:

1. Alexa Routine to Turn On Xbox Gives Introduction Prompts - Similar Threads - Alexa Routine Turn

2. Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa: I have all the proper settings changed, I had an Xbox one up until about November of 2023, and ALWAYS used my Alexa to turn on, adjust volume, launch specific apps or games, and when I upgraded to...
  3. Xbox one + alexa

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one + alexa: Who has Xbox one and has a Alexa device link to it, if so what’s the best Alexa to get for that? 9c53a44d-2a76-4215-ac27-e6e5814a4fc9
  4. Xbox 1x and Start Up with Alexa.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1x and Start Up with Alexa.: All, I own an Xbox 1X and an Alexa Echo. I have added the Xbox to the Alexa application. It is recognized and commands typically work well. What doesn't work well is when I ask Alexa to "turn on...
  5. Disney + app and Alexa are not playing well together

in XboX Insiders
    Disney + app and Alexa are not playing well together: I hope this is the right place to post this. I have my Series X connected to my echo dot (5th Gen). Everything works as expected, apps open, games open, turns off/on, opens games, etc. The only...
  6. Alexa thinks applications on my Xbox One aren’t installed when they are

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa thinks applications on my Xbox One aren’t installed when they are: When I use the commands to launch an app, Alexa tells me the app isn’t installed and takes me to the Microsoft Store page. This happens with both games and apps I have installed. All other...
  7. Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa

in XBoX on Windows
    Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa: I've been using an Amazon Echo Dot to control my Xbox Series X with voice commands via Alexa for over a year. Up until yesterday it was working fine, then last night it suddenly stopped working...
  8. Alexa for PC "show mode" not showing my cameras

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Alexa for PC "show mode" not showing my cameras: I installed Alexa for pc and everything seems to work...almost. When I give the command to show me the camera, she responds with "okay" and chimes as though the command was successful. The problem...
  9. Amazon alexa and Xbox in Ireland

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon alexa and Xbox in Ireland: Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has encounter this problem/solved it. So trying to link my xbox series x and alexa together. When I search for the device or skill for xbox it doesn't exist. I...
  10. alexa connects in alexa app but xbox still shows connect to alexa

in XBoX Games and Apps
    alexa connects in alexa app but xbox still shows connect to alexa: I have connected alexa to my xbox but the alexa for xbox app still showing that you need to connect the two.... I have rebooted the system twice and still nothing.... I need it so I can see my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alexa routine turning on xbox

2. create xbox routine