Age rating set as child randomly

Discus and support Age rating set as child randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a friend who is having a strange issue that I'm attempting to help him with. He has had an account on Xbox live that is always worked as an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MnemonicFall, Oct 21, 2017.

1. MnemonicFall
    MnemonicFall Guest

I have a friend who is having a strange issue that I'm attempting to help him with. He has had an account on Xbox live that is always worked as an "adult" account when he was playing on 360. However, when he got his account on Xbox One, it defaulted him
    as a "child" account, and since he isn't part of a family, he can't change it back to adult. Is this something that has a simple fix that we aren't noticing or something a bit more convoluted.

:)

MnemonicFall, Oct 21, 2017
  2. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest
    Changing gamertag from child to adult

The only way to promote a child account to an adult account, is to wait until that account reaches the adult age. In the US I believe that is 18 years old. If it was not set up this way, any child could find a way to promote their account to be able to purchase
    or play games with an adult rating. Your best bet would be to add another account, and be certain to set the age as an adult.

oOUTSIDERo62, Oct 21, 2017
  3. palantyri
    palantyri Guest
    Xbox One with Live, Child Account unable to play online games

Both of the child accounts I have on my Xbox One are unable to join online games.

I searched the forums, but can't figure out why. I granted them specific access in the child account settings, and it still fails. Age is set for above the Game rating.

Please help.

James

palantyri, Oct 21, 2017
  4. MikaelFangel Win User

Seeing or Managing the list of Games your child has access to?

I think the closest you get is managing the games by your child's age.

Here is a guide for it:

You can set your child’s age, which Xbox One uses to control the child’s access to specifically rated games, movies, TV shows, and music. By default, if the child is under 8 years of age, Access to content is set to “Off.”

To change the default setting for your child:

1.Scroll left from Home to open the guide.

2.Select Settings.

3.Select All Settings.

4.Under Account, select Family.

5.Select the child account you want to update.

6.Select Access to content.

7.The content limits are unrestricted for all users over the age of 8. You can select preset age-appropriate limits by choosing your child’s age from the list. We’ll show you what the presets are for that age. You're not restricted by date of birth—you decide
    which maturity level is appropriate.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Child account allowed to broadcast

Hi there

Child accounts are set to age settings for the region you cannot really change the age, But through family settings your parent or guardian can set it up but please be aware there is of course restrictions depending on where they broadcast.

Example mixer does have an age setting for age here is a link about that information. https://watchbeam.zendesk.com/hc/en...scussion-Channel-Ratings-and-Age-Restrictions
  6. HassanB Win User

Convert Child Account to Adult Account

Hello,

It's not possible to convert a child account to an adult account before the age of 18. The settings you're changing are privacy and online settings. Titles that are marked as Not Rated or M (mature) cannot be purchased by the child. You can purchase them on
    an adult account on the same Xbox 360 console and the child will have access to that content as well on that same console.
  7. HassanB Win User

Downloading medal of honor beta

Hello,

If you are attempting to download the Medal of Honor Warfighter Beta Demo then there is no way to download that unless your account is
    over the age of 18.

For Demo's regardless of parental settings or ratings allowed M (Mature) and RP (Rating Pending) content cannot be downloaded on Child or Minor accounts.

You would need to make an account over the age of 18+ with a gold membership in order to download the beta. Once the beta is downloaded, you should be able to play the beta on your child account as long as your over
    the age of 13.
  8. HassanB Win User

This user can not download content with this rating

Hello,

If you are attempting to download the Medal of Honor Warfighter Beta Demo then there is no way to download that unless your account is over the age of 18.

For Demo's regardless of parental settings or ratings allowed M (Mature) and RP (Rating Pending) content cannot be downloaded on Child or Minor accounts.

You would need to make an account over the age of 18+ with a gold membership in order to download the beta. Once the beta is downloaded, you should be able to play the beta on your child account as long as your over the age of 13.
Thema:

1. Age rating set as child randomly - Similar Threads - Age rating set

2. xbox game pass (ultimate) - age rating/limit

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox game pass (ultimate) - age rating/limit: Hi everybody, could anyone please tell me the age rating/limit for xbox game pass (ultimate)? 1 Dad and 2 sons want to play at the same time (on 3 xboxes). Since this is not possible with one...
  3. Cant download any age rated games EVEN though I am nearly 40

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant download any age rated games EVEN though I am nearly 40: I just signed up for the gamepass, downloaded the app and was instantly unable to download a PEGI-12 game (said I needed an adult to sign in to download). Strange thing though I am the family...
  4. My account is set for all age groups , still can not install game rated 18 !!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account is set for all age groups , still can not install game rated 18 !!: Hi I Am a gamepass ultimate member and now sunddenly if I want to install a game rated adult ( The Ascent, gears etc) I get a message to get an adult... i checked on the xbox family setings and...
  5. Age of Empires 3 Pre-install - This is rated above Restrictions

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of Empires 3 Pre-install - This is rated above Restrictions: does anyone know how to fix this issue? i am an adult and dont have any kids but i still get this message. i have checked all my pc and xbox settings and there are no family settings. i was able...
  6. Game sharing with son. Can download any age rated games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing with son. Can download any age rated games: Hello, I have just purchased my son a series S and am looking to share my games with him. I have set up his account so he can only view content or play games up to age 12 so for example he cant...
  7. Game "Rated above the age restrictions set on this account". Not part of family plan.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game "Rated above the age restrictions set on this account". Not part of family plan.: Hello, I am 28, my birthday is set in my profile and I just got gamepass. However when trying to download a game I get "{Game name} is rated above the restriction set on this account. To install,...
  8. Age of Empires 3 Pre-install - This is rated above Restrictions

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of Empires 3 Pre-install - This is rated above Restrictions: This morning, this game became available for pre-install. Tried to install it and I got this error. [img] I am the parent, and I am the adult. Why am I suddenly getting this? This is from...
  9. IM AN ADULT, y cant i download apps exceeding an age 18 rating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    IM AN ADULT, y cant i download apps exceeding an age 18 rating: im using an adult account but i cant download apps with an 18 or older age rating..such as netflix or the ubisoft app please help!(i am also enrolled in preview program)...
  10. Display Age Rating & Player Number?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display Age Rating & Player Number?: Is there a way to have the age rating & number of players allowed on the game's as you browse? Or at least to make only games that the child account can actually play show up. They all show up...