Age rating set as child randomly

Discus and support Age rating set as child randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a friend who is having a strange issue that I'm attempting to help him with. He has had an account on Xbox live that is always worked as an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MnemonicFall, Oct 21, 2017.

1. MnemonicFall
    MnemonicFall Guest

I have a friend who is having a strange issue that I'm attempting to help him with. He has had an account on Xbox live that is always worked as an "adult" account when he was playing on 360. However, when he got his account on Xbox One, it defaulted him
    as a "child" account, and since he isn't part of a family, he can't change it back to adult. Is this something that has a simple fix that we aren't noticing or something a bit more convoluted.

:)

MnemonicFall, Oct 21, 2017
  2. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest
    Changing gamertag from child to adult

The only way to promote a child account to an adult account, is to wait until that account reaches the adult age. In the US I believe that is 18 years old. If it was not set up this way, any child could find a way to promote their account to be able to purchase
    or play games with an adult rating. Your best bet would be to add another account, and be certain to set the age as an adult.

oOUTSIDERo62, Oct 21, 2017
  3. palantyri
    palantyri Guest
    Xbox One with Live, Child Account unable to play online games

Both of the child accounts I have on my Xbox One are unable to join online games.

I searched the forums, but can't figure out why. I granted them specific access in the child account settings, and it still fails. Age is set for above the Game rating.

Please help.

James

palantyri, Oct 21, 2017
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

Hello Tero_Koo! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this. In some games, some devs put in a restriction if the account age is below the age rating of the game for the region then it won't allow to go on multiplayer and no setting in Xbox Family will override it.

Is the age of the childs account over the age rating of the game?
  5. MikaelFangel Win User

Seeing or Managing the list of Games your child has access to?

I think the closest you get is managing the games by your child's age.

Here is a guide for it:

You can set your child’s age, which Xbox One uses to control the child’s access to specifically rated games, movies, TV shows, and music. By default, if the child is under 8 years of age, Access to content is set to “Off.”

To change the default setting for your child:

1.Scroll left from Home to open the guide.

2.Select Settings.

3.Select All Settings.

4.Under Account, select Family.

5.Select the child account you want to update.

6.Select Access to content.

7.The content limits are unrestricted for all users over the age of 8. You can select preset age-appropriate limits by choosing your child’s age from the list. We’ll show you what the presets are for that age. You're not restricted by date of birth—you decide
    which maturity level is appropriate.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

Child account allowed to broadcast

Hi there

Child accounts are set to age settings for the region you cannot really change the age, But through family settings your parent or guardian can set it up but please be aware there is of course restrictions depending on where they broadcast.

Example mixer does have an age setting for age here is a link about that information. https://watchbeam.zendesk.com/hc/en...scussion-Channel-Ratings-and-Age-Restrictions
  7. HassanB Win User

Convert Child Account to Adult Account

Hello,

It's not possible to convert a child account to an adult account before the age of 18. The settings you're changing are privacy and online settings. Titles that are marked as Not Rated or M (mature) cannot be purchased by the child. You can purchase them on
    an adult account on the same Xbox 360 console and the child will have access to that content as well on that same console.
  8. HassanB Win User

Downloading medal of honor beta

Hello,

If you are attempting to download the Medal of Honor Warfighter Beta Demo then there is no way to download that unless your account is
    over the age of 18.

For Demo's regardless of parental settings or ratings allowed M (Mature) and RP (Rating Pending) content cannot be downloaded on Child or Minor accounts.

You would need to make an account over the age of 18+ with a gold membership in order to download the beta. Once the beta is downloaded, you should be able to play the beta on your child account as long as your over
    the age of 13.
Thema:

1. Age rating set as child randomly - Similar Threads - Age rating set

2. Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.

in XboX Insiders
    Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.: When I try to launch Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition, the game always crashes after a few seconds when displaying Microsoft Studio logo. My console location is set to Greece and language...
  3. Age restrictions on computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Age restrictions on computer: I keep getting age restrictions on x box from games i have previously played it but nether or my parents set the age restriction and it is stopping me from playing my games...
  4. Age of Empires 2 loading delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 loading delay: Since August of last year, Age of Empires 2 has been slow to load, I am not going to be waiting that long and obviously it is a problem that it takes so long, the usual thing is that the loading...
  5. Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen: I have been trying to play Age of Empires 2 on my Xbox one for a long time. It used to work and now it does not. It doesn't matter whether I try to play on the cloud or if I have the game...
  6. I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.: I changed my age which was orginally over 18, and changed it under, and now I can't access some features I use to be able to access, like custom profile pictures. I thought nothing bad would...
  7. My minecraft is taking ages to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft is taking ages to load: after i open the launcher and press play it takes around 20-30 minutes until the mojang loading screen shows up. this did not use to happen and i have no idea why it is now. (java edition windows...
  8. Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...: Hello, lately I've been trying to get on the multiplayer mode on Minecraft. I've found out that my account was in a Microsoft family, but I left it and changed all my settings including the...
  9. My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.: Not much left to be said. I own the game and the store offers me to buy it again. Xbox app does recognize that I own it, I even see the achievements, can't install for there, because that is buggy...
  10. Xbox gaming still shows content above my sons age rating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gaming still shows content above my sons age rating: I have content restrictions set to 16 on my sons account. However, in Xbox Cloud Gaming, it still shows all the 18 rated games that he can't play. WHY? It is hard enough trying to protect our...