Age of Empires III Definitive Edition won't start after Windows 10 Pro update to 20H2

Discus and support Age of Empires III Definitive Edition won't start after Windows 10 Pro update to 20H2 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; After upgrade to Windows 10 20H2, Age of Empires III Definitive Edition won't start anymore. I have 3 PCs on which I have AOE III DE installed, and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ICG27, Oct 29, 2020.

1. ICG27
    ICG27 Guest

Age of Empires III Definitive Edition won't start after Windows 10 Pro update to 20H2

After upgrade to Windows 10 20H2, Age of Empires III Definitive Edition won't start anymore.

I have 3 PCs on which I have AOE III DE installed, and I have the same issue on all 3 PCs.

I tried, reset, reinstall, and also some and some services ends and starts, as suggested on some forums, but none worked.

What happens?

After starting the game, AOE III DE logo (small window) comes up, and remains on screen for ever.

If you clic on it, another window open and tell you that AOE is not responding, asking you to wait or close program.

If you clic on wait, nothing happens, even if you wait many minutes. If you clic on close, another window appears and tell you to wait until problem is reported to Microsof, then a last window comes and tells you that the synchronization on the cloud with
    the other device takes too much time , offering you 2 new options:

1. Synchronize last saved data or

2. Retry.

If you select any of these 2 options, AOE small window disappears after 2 or 3 seconds, and then nothing.

If you restart AOE, same issue again and again.

Please help.

Thank you.

:)

ICG27, Oct 29, 2020
  2. igoravila Win User

Age Of Empires definitive edition

3. pedroc3591 Win User

age of empires: definitive edition . dice que no estoy conectado a xbox live (age of empires: definitive edition Says I'm not connected to Xbox Live)

buenas tardes tengo instalado el juego age of empires : definitive edition en mi computador con sistema operativo windows 10 de 64 bits . espero respuesta gracias

[Translated - good afternoon I have installed the game age of empires: definitive edition on my computer with 64-bit windows 10 operating system.
    I hope response thanks]
  4. XBF George L Win User

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

Hello Reiner!

Thanks for the replies. I know this situation can be frustrating and we're here with more information. Have you made sure your Windows 10 PC's Operating System is fully up to date with the most recent version of Windows? You should also review the Minimum
    System Requirements available in the Store under the items description. Give it a look and let us know how it goes.

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
  5. DietrichGoerg Win User

Minecraft Beta doesn't start after Windows 10 fall creators update

Hi,

the problem has resolved.

Steam was installed to play Age of Empires HD.

It seems Steam effects XBox Life in a way that Minecraft Beta can't start.

After deinstallation of Age of Empires HD and Steam I reinstalled Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and

everything is perfect.

Dietrich
  6. Mister Quasar Win User

Age of empire definitive edition for windows 10

Thanks for letting us know, UpperGeoduck197!

The Age of Empires Support Page lists some steps that can help you troubleshoot that further - if you're still seeing any issue after that, we'd recommend reaching out to
    Windows 10 Support directly for the best assistance going forward.
Thema:

1. Age of Empires III Definitive Edition won't start after Windows 10 Pro update to 20H2 - Similar Threads - Age Empires III

2. Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.

in XboX Insiders
    Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.: When I try to launch Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition, the game always crashes after a few seconds when displaying Microsoft Studio logo. My console location is set to Greece and language...
  3. Age of Empires 2 loading delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 loading delay: Since August of last year, Age of Empires 2 has been slow to load, I am not going to be waiting that long and obviously it is a problem that it takes so long, the usual thing is that the loading...
  4. Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen: I have been trying to play Age of Empires 2 on my Xbox one for a long time. It used to work and now it does not. It doesn't matter whether I try to play on the cloud or if I have the game...
  5. My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.: Not much left to be said. I own the game and the store offers me to buy it again. Xbox app does recognize that I own it, I even see the achievements, can't install for there, because that is buggy...
  6. WHY WONT MY AGE OF EMPIRES 2 WORK ON MY PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY WONT MY AGE OF EMPIRES 2 WORK ON MY PC: While playing Age of Empires 2, I encountered an unexpected issue where the game abruptly stopped working, particularly affecting the multiplayer functionality, preventing me from logging back in....
  7. Age of Empires IV game files going missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires IV game files going missing: I have Age of Empires installed from PC game pass, but every time I turn my PC off and back on again the game files are missing and when I try to open the game it takes me to the Microsoft store...
  8. How can ı FİX this problem in age of empires 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can ı FİX this problem in age of empires 4: [img] ı played a lot of times age of 4 and now ı took this error C00T01R04X-01 52656C6903E8 06c44f84-d1f8-4c30-a998-38ec0bbb130e
  9. Xbox Game Pass and for Age of Empires III the multiplayer option is greyed out.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass and for Age of Empires III the multiplayer option is greyed out.: Using Xbox Game Pass and for Age of Empires III the multiplayer option is greyed out. What settings are needed to allow it to be available? 6f95681d-31c6-4137-bcaf-5dde71e74d52
  10. Age of Empires III: DE synchronisation issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires III: DE synchronisation issue: Hi Microsoft, I recently received Age of Empires III: DE as a gift from a friend, but when I start the game, 50% of times it keeps saying "Synchronizing". I can only fix it by re-installing the...