Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition no longer downloadable?

Discus and support Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition no longer downloadable? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition a couple of years ago and downloaded and installed it on my computer. I recently got a new computer and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NathanLawyer, Dec 17, 2022.

1. NathanLawyer
    NathanLawyer Guest

I bought Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition a couple of years ago and downloaded and installed it on my computer. I recently got a new computer and attempted to download the game onto it. However, there is no longer an option to download the game, it is 100% cloud based. I have screaming fast, stable internet, and a computer that exceeds the minimum requirements for the game. However, the game crashes 5-10 minutes after starting every time. Is there a way to download the game so that it is actually on my computer and not cloud based?

:)

NathanLawyer, Dec 17, 2022
  2. igoravila Win User

Age Of Empires definitive edition

3. 5465467642 Win User

Unable to download a game off Microsoft store + Xbox app PC Error Code: 0x87E00196

Yes i am downloading it on F: but it also does not work on C: drive. The game name is Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

Thanks
  4. supermm Win User

What’s Everyone Playing This Weekend (17 - 19 January 2020)

I played Ticket to Ride, Gems of War and Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello NathanLawyer,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to install the game on your computer instead of playing on cloud. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. May we ask what would be the options you have when you search Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition on Xbox app? Please take a screenshot and conceal any personal information (like gamertag).
    2. May we know if you are signed in to Microsoft Store and Xbox app with the same credentials - the one that bought the game?
    3. May we confirm if you are referring to Xbox Cloud Gaming? If yes, we appreciate you informed us with the issue you encounter for the cloud-based games. Since Xbox Cloud Gaming is still on its Beta release, we encourage you to take a look at the support articles below. Try if the suggestions will help. If not, please send a feedback to the Team Xbox for them to be aware of the issue you were having. Please use this guide: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
    Support articles you might like to check:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition no longer downloadable? - Similar Threads - Age Empires Definitive

2. Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.

in XboX Insiders
    Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.: When I try to launch Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition, the game always crashes after a few seconds when displaying Microsoft Studio logo. My console location is set to Greece and language...
  3. Age of Empires 2 loading delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 loading delay: Since August of last year, Age of Empires 2 has been slow to load, I am not going to be waiting that long and obviously it is a problem that it takes so long, the usual thing is that the loading...
  4. My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.: Not much left to be said. I own the game and the store offers me to buy it again. Xbox app does recognize that I own it, I even see the achievements, can't install for there, because that is buggy...
  5. Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears as not bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears as not bought: Hi, Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears in Microsoft Store as not bought. I have bought it on 14.11.2019. Order-number is 5649573315. Thanks 8204c376-072e-4135-94b7-a5820f58facf
  6. Saved games vanishing then reappearing Age of Empires II Definitive Edition on Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saved games vanishing then reappearing Age of Empires II Definitive Edition on Game Pass App: This problem has been happening for almost a week now. My saved games for AoE II Definitive Edition on Game Pass are vanishing and reappearing then vanishing again. It's making it impossible to...
  7. My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.: I bought the game from the Microsoft Store and although it doesn't always happen, it's common that I'm playing and my PC shuts down, like if the power goes out. No error message, warning, or...
  8. Age of Empires Definitive Edition will not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires Definitive Edition will not start: I have Windows 11, 64-bit. Year ago I purchased and installed Age of Empire Definitive Edition and played it quite frequently. Today it won't open. The report says that it is incompatible with...
  9. Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition not starting (Family safety managed account)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition not starting (Family safety managed account): Hello, I bought for my kids Age of Empires 2: Definitive edition on my sons laptop all is working as it should. On my daughters laptop is game stopped on initial screen where in bottom left corner...
  10. Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition Delux already purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition Delux already purchased: I just recently bought the delux edition for Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition for my Xbox One and when I try to choose a civilization it doesn’t allow me and it redirects me to buy the bundle...