Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition failed to start and now disappeared from my Microsoft...

Discus and support Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition failed to start and now disappeared from my Microsoft... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition 3 years ago and have been playing it regularly ever since. A week ago i tried to start the game, but got... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kaspar S., Jan 24, 2023.

1. Kaspar S.
    Kaspar S. Guest

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition failed to start and now disappeared from my Microsoft...

I bought Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition 3 years ago and have been playing it regularly ever since. A week ago i tried to start the game, but got an error and the game didn't launch. I tried reinstalling the game, but the download failed multiple times. I tried to google a solution but the problem was still there and i gave up on it for a while. Now i opened the Microsoft store to try and install the game again, but the store now shows that i have to buy the game again. My order history shows that i have bought the game on 27th of March 2020, but i can't install it and the store only displays the buy option.

:)

Kaspar S., Jan 24, 2023
  2. igoravila Win User

Age Of Empires definitive edition

3. Francia J. Win User

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition failed to start and now disappeared from my Microsoft store

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Good thing you have already checked the game on your order history. If it's showing as "completed" you just simply need to sign in under the correct account on both Xbox App and Microsoft Store App.

Please check the Microsoft account signed in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders when you saw the order with a "completed" status and once you have the Microsoft account. Sign out on Both Microsoft Store App and Xbox App and then sign back in using the said Microsoft account.
  4. supermm Win User

What’s Everyone Playing This Weekend (17 - 19 January 2020)

I played Ticket to Ride, Gems of War and Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
  5. melanie brown2 Win User

Unable to install game I purchased

To download or update the game in the Microsoft Store:

Press your Windows Key and search for “Store” or “Microsoft Store” to find and open the app.

Make sure you are signed in with the account that owns Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

Click on Library in the lower left hand corner of the Store.

Select Games.

Press the Get updates button to automatically detect, download, and install the latest changes to your game!

Let the Store download Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

Once your download is complete, you will be able to search for your game in the Windows Start menu or listed under My Library in the Microsoft Store. You can also create a shortcut to access and launch the game from anywhere on your computer.
  6. Ashadelo李世杰 Win User

I don't understand, Banjo Kazooie 3?

Good News, they are going to try and port Age of Empires II Definitive Edition over to Xbox One :D
Thema:

1. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition failed to start and now disappeared from my Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Age Empires Definitive

2. Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.

in XboX Insiders
    Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.: When I try to launch Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition, the game always crashes after a few seconds when displaying Microsoft Studio logo. My console location is set to Greece and language...
  3. Age of Empires 2 loading delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 loading delay: Since August of last year, Age of Empires 2 has been slow to load, I am not going to be waiting that long and obviously it is a problem that it takes so long, the usual thing is that the loading...
  4. My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.: Not much left to be said. I own the game and the store offers me to buy it again. Xbox app does recognize that I own it, I even see the achievements, can't install for there, because that is buggy...
  5. Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears as not bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears as not bought: Hi, Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears in Microsoft Store as not bought. I have bought it on 14.11.2019. Order-number is 5649573315. Thanks 8204c376-072e-4135-94b7-a5820f58facf
  6. Saved games vanishing then reappearing Age of Empires II Definitive Edition on Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saved games vanishing then reappearing Age of Empires II Definitive Edition on Game Pass App: This problem has been happening for almost a week now. My saved games for AoE II Definitive Edition on Game Pass are vanishing and reappearing then vanishing again. It's making it impossible to...
  7. My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.: I bought the game from the Microsoft Store and although it doesn't always happen, it's common that I'm playing and my PC shuts down, like if the power goes out. No error message, warning, or...
  8. Age of Empires Definitive Edition will not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires Definitive Edition will not start: I have Windows 11, 64-bit. Year ago I purchased and installed Age of Empire Definitive Edition and played it quite frequently. Today it won't open. The report says that it is incompatible with...
  9. Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition not starting (Family safety managed account)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition not starting (Family safety managed account): Hello, I bought for my kids Age of Empires 2: Definitive edition on my sons laptop all is working as it should. On my daughters laptop is game stopped on initial screen where in bottom left corner...
  10. Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition Delux already purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition Delux already purchased: I just recently bought the delux edition for Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition for my Xbox One and when I try to choose a civilization it doesn’t allow me and it redirects me to buy the bundle...