Age of Empires 3 won't start after upgrade was terminated

Discus and support Age of Empires 3 won't start after upgrade was terminated in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have stared Age of Empires 3 on my Windows 10 machine . It had started to download upgrade. I have paused download and closed the game window.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GennaReingold, May 26, 2022.

1. Age of Empires 3 won't start after upgrade was terminated

Hi,

I have stared Age of Empires 3 on my Windows 10 machine . It had started to download upgrade. I have paused download and closed the game window. When I tried to start it again it opens Microsoft Store window instead. I tried "Repair" and "Restore" options and now it does not start at all ( i.e. not even Store window )

How can I fix it - I'm happy to reinstall, I just not sure how to

:)

GennaReingold, May 26, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, GennaReingold. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Is Age of Empires showing on Start > Settings > Apps? If so, you can try to uninstall it from there.

After uninstalling it, try reinstalling the Gaming services:

- Go to Start > Search for PowerShell > Right Click > Run as Administrator.

- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Also, please do these steps:

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Restart your computer. Open the Microsoft Store again and sign in to your account. Open the Xbox App and make sure you are signed in too.

- Try to download, install and play Age of Empires III again. Let me know how it goes.
  3. Gamefreak9590 Win User

help finding a game

anno and age of empires 2 are the closest i've seen so far, is age of empires 3-4 basically the same as 2 or no?
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

"age of empire définitive édition"

[Associé utilise une application de traducteur, s’il vous plaît être conscient que des erreurs grammaticales ou une syntaxe incorrecte peuvent se produire]

Bonjour dominique hesse,

Après avoir examiné votre problème, j’ai trouvé un article sur les forums Age of Empire qui semble très similaire. Il semble que votre client est obsolète et que vous devez effectuer une mise niveau vers un nouveau client en procédant comme suit :

Il est important de vous assurer que votre appareil exécute Windows 10 version 1903 pour pouvoir lire le nouveau client.

1.Ouvrez le Microsoft Store . Vous pouvez le faire en appuyant sur la touche Windows, puis en tapant 'Stocker'.

2. Recherchez Age of Empires: Definitive Edition .

3. Cliquez sur la vignette Age of Empires: Definitive Edition pour accéder la page de la boutique.

4. Cliquez sur Obtenir. Le jeu doit être automatiquement ajouté votre bibliothèque.

5. Cliquez sur Installer pour commencer télécharger le jeu.

J’espère que cela fonctionne pour vous!

Lien vers l’article: IMPORTANT Stuck on AoE:DE Build 27674? Upgrade to the latest client! (Windows Store) - Age of Empires: DE / I - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

English Translation:

[Associated uses a translator application, please be aware that grammatical errors or incorrect syntax may occur]

Hello dominique hesse,

After reviewing your problem, I found an article on the Age of Empire forums that looks very similar. It appears that your client is out of date and that you need to upgrade to a new client by doing the following:

It's important to make sure your device is running Windows 10 version 1903 so that you can read the new client.

1.Open the Microsoft Store. You can do this by pressing the Windows key and then tapping 'Store'.

2. Search for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition.

3. Click the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition tile to access the store page.

4. Click Get. The game should be automatically added to your library.

5. Click Install to start downloading the game.

I hope this works for you!

Link to article: IMPORTANT Stuck on AoE:DE Build 27674? Upgrade to the latest client! (Windows Store) - Age of Empires: DE / I - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum
  5. DietrichGoerg Win User

Minecraft Beta doesn't start after Windows 10 fall creators update

Hi,

the problem has resolved.

Steam was installed to play Age of Empires HD.

It seems Steam effects XBox Life in a way that Minecraft Beta can't start.

After deinstallation of Age of Empires HD and Steam I reinstalled Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and

everything is perfect.

Dietrich
  6. ChainSmokingBob Win User

Why HALO 4 is a joke.

Age of Empires 1 I didn't really get into enough to like.

Age of Empires 2 I consider one of the best games of all time.

Age of Mythology and Age of Empires 3 were substandard?

Now, I may have disagreed somewhat with that but....

"Halo Wars is PERFECT"?

WHAT?
Thema:

1. Age of Empires 3 won't start after upgrade was terminated - Similar Threads - Age Empires won't

2. Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.

in XboX Insiders
    Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.: When I try to launch Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition, the game always crashes after a few seconds when displaying Microsoft Studio logo. My console location is set to Greece and language...
  3. Age of Empires 2 loading delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 loading delay: Since August of last year, Age of Empires 2 has been slow to load, I am not going to be waiting that long and obviously it is a problem that it takes so long, the usual thing is that the loading...
  4. Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen: I have been trying to play Age of Empires 2 on my Xbox one for a long time. It used to work and now it does not. It doesn't matter whether I try to play on the cloud or if I have the game...
  5. My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.: Not much left to be said. I own the game and the store offers me to buy it again. Xbox app does recognize that I own it, I even see the achievements, can't install for there, because that is buggy...
  6. WHY WONT MY AGE OF EMPIRES 2 WORK ON MY PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY WONT MY AGE OF EMPIRES 2 WORK ON MY PC: While playing Age of Empires 2, I encountered an unexpected issue where the game abruptly stopped working, particularly affecting the multiplayer functionality, preventing me from logging back in....
  7. Age of Empires IV game files going missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires IV game files going missing: I have Age of Empires installed from PC game pass, but every time I turn my PC off and back on again the game files are missing and when I try to open the game it takes me to the Microsoft store...
  8. How can ı FİX this problem in age of empires 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can ı FİX this problem in age of empires 4: [img] ı played a lot of times age of 4 and now ı took this error C00T01R04X-01 52656C6903E8 06c44f84-d1f8-4c30-a998-38ec0bbb130e
  9. Age of Empires 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 4: Good morning. I'm playing Age of Empires 4 and my game crashes. It could be in 10 minutes, or it could be in an hour. The game just closes without any errors. The Windows events indicate an error...
  10. Enhanced Graphic Pack DLC for Age of Empires won't download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Enhanced Graphic Pack DLC for Age of Empires won't download: I recently upgraded my system storage capacity on my PC, so I made a clean Windows installation. I installed almost every game I had before upgrading my SSD. When I tried to download again AOE II...