Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition not starting (Family safety managed account)

Discus and support Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition not starting (Family safety managed account) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I bought for my kids Age of Empires 2: Definitive edition on my sons laptop all is working as it should. On my daughters laptop is game stopped... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Martin Farkas, May 7, 2023.

1. Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition not starting (Family safety managed account)

Hello, I bought for my kids Age of Empires 2: Definitive edition on my sons laptop all is working as it should. On my daughters laptop is game stopped on initial screen where in bottom left corner is : “Signing in…” and spinning wheel. This can be there for few hours and nothing will change. Both kids accounts are with the same config managed by Family safety app. With the same setup on antivirus SW. While searching for solution I switched off all security on that laptop ( antivirus, FW was off for some time). I Increased her age level just to be sure that this is not blocker. Checked settings on Xbox account ( now it is 1:1 with my sons account where as I wrote all is fine). Still game is not starting. Will be thankful for any help or suggestion how to solve it

:)

Martin Farkas, May 7, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition not starting (Family safety managed account)

Hi Martin Farkas,

Good to know that it worked!

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

We value your feedback, click Yes or No to help us improve the support experience.

Voting responses will also be beneficial to more Community members reading here.
  3. Martin Farkas Win User

Hi CarTzy,

This method worked. Thanks a lot

Martin
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hi Martin Farkas,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What is the device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of the OS? (Search for WINVER to get this info)

Meanwhile, here are some methods we can perform to try and fix the issue.

Make sure Windows is up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure the game is up to date
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Check for updates.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Repair the game
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Uninstall and reinstall the gameIf you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. For more info, follow the steps in:

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows device

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. el_benja240sx Win User

Error 0x87E0000D trying to download and install Gears of War 5 Ultimate Edition on PC

I have the same issue but trying to download Age of empires 2 definitive edition
  6. Jonzak Win User

Age of empires 2 Definitive edition not starting

[​IMG]

That's what it says.

However I don't understand why that graphic card is included in the game requirements, should they not have tested it?
Thema:

1. Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition not starting (Family safety managed account) - Similar Threads - Age Empires Definitive

2. Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.

in XboX Insiders
    Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.: When I try to launch Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition, the game always crashes after a few seconds when displaying Microsoft Studio logo. My console location is set to Greece and language...
  3. Age of Empires 2 loading delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 loading delay: Since August of last year, Age of Empires 2 has been slow to load, I am not going to be waiting that long and obviously it is a problem that it takes so long, the usual thing is that the loading...
  4. Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen: I have been trying to play Age of Empires 2 on my Xbox one for a long time. It used to work and now it does not. It doesn't matter whether I try to play on the cloud or if I have the game...
  5. My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.: Not much left to be said. I own the game and the store offers me to buy it again. Xbox app does recognize that I own it, I even see the achievements, can't install for there, because that is buggy...
  6. Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears as not bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears as not bought: Hi, Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears in Microsoft Store as not bought. I have bought it on 14.11.2019. Order-number is 5649573315. Thanks 8204c376-072e-4135-94b7-a5820f58facf
  7. Saved games vanishing then reappearing Age of Empires II Definitive Edition on Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saved games vanishing then reappearing Age of Empires II Definitive Edition on Game Pass App: This problem has been happening for almost a week now. My saved games for AoE II Definitive Edition on Game Pass are vanishing and reappearing then vanishing again. It's making it impossible to...
  8. My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.: I bought the game from the Microsoft Store and although it doesn't always happen, it's common that I'm playing and my PC shuts down, like if the power goes out. No error message, warning, or...
  9. Age of Empires Definitive Edition will not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires Definitive Edition will not start: I have Windows 11, 64-bit. Year ago I purchased and installed Age of Empire Definitive Edition and played it quite frequently. Today it won't open. The report says that it is incompatible with...
  10. Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition Delux already purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition Delux already purchased: I just recently bought the delux edition for Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition for my Xbox One and when I try to choose a civilization it doesn’t allow me and it redirects me to buy the bundle...