Age of Empire 1 DE keeps "syncing data"

Discus and support Age of Empire 1 DE keeps "syncing data" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So ... I have a new Windows 11 PC (everything kept up to date) and have been playing Age of Empires 1 DE successfully until last week. Then ..... I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dinosauregg, Jan 20, 2023.

1. dinosauregg
    dinosauregg Guest

So ... I have a new Windows 11 PC (everything kept up to date) and have been playing Age of Empires 1 DE successfully until last week. Then ..... I click on the AoE icon, the Microsoft Store Package Dependency Installer comes up and asks for "permission to make changes to your device" (does not seem to make any difference if I click Yes or No), followed by the AoE splash screen. In the bottom right edge of this screen the words "signing in" come up, followed by "checking for updates", then "syncing data". The "syncing data" never goes away !! so the game never loads !!! What data is it attempting to sync? I only ever play offline - no multiplayer, no going online ever.

Your help would be appreciated as I would like to play the game again.

Best regards,

Mick.

:)

dinosauregg, Jan 20, 2023
  2. Enrique Pacheco1 Win User

I got the exact same problem, this week i get stuck on the same screen. I also have Windows 11 and the laptop is fully Up to date both Windows and programs. Already installed It again, click on the repair button and everything.
  3. dinosauregg Win User

Enrique,

Many thanks for your help - the end result was success ! There wa no Microsoft Gaming Services under Settings/Apps in my version (Home 64bit) of Windows 11, so I tracked it down under Task Manager, where there were two instances running. I first closed Aof E then stop the GamingServices tasks, then started them again. This time the Aof E splask sceen showed "signing in", "checking for updates", then "synching data", quickly followed by "loading game", and all was back to normal and I was finally able to play the game again.

Many thanks again for your help in this non-obvious, frusrtating matter.

Best regards,

Mick.
  4. Enrique Pacheco1 Win User

Hi Mick, I found on a forum that the problem is with gaming services. You need to go to apps and find gaming services, then on advance options you need to click on terminate, reset and repair. It worked for me just now on Windows 11. Hope It works!
  5. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Looking for "Age of Empires Definitive Edition" amongst the games on my xbox one ?.

Age of Empires DE is PC only, that might change with mouse/keyboard support, but not currently.
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

No me aparacen los dlc de age of empires 3 definite edition

[El texto que figura a continuación es una traducción automática y puede no ser exactamente el mismo que el texto original]

Hola,

gracias por ponerse en contacto con los foros de soporte técnico de Xbox. Entiendo que te falta un DLC que debería formar parte de tu Age of Empires Definitive Edition. Consulte los siguientes pasos sobre cómo recuperar su DLC faltante.

Problemas para descargar un DLC de Age III: DE – Soporte de Age of Empires

Si esto no resuelve el error, puedes enviar un ticket directamente al desarrollador desde aquí: Enviar una solicitud – Soporte de Age of Empires

Por favor, hágamelo saber si tiene más preguntas.

¡Gracias!

- Tali

[The text below is an automatic translation and may not be exactly the same as the original text]

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. I understand that you are missing DLC that should be part of your Age of Empires Definitive Edition. Please view the following for steps on how to retrieve your missing DLC.

Trouble downloading an Age III: DE DLC – Age of Empires Support

If this does not resolve the error, you may submit a ticket directly to the developer from here: Submit a request – Age of Empires Support

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

-Tali
Thema:

1. Age of Empire 1 DE keeps "syncing data" - Similar Threads - Age Empire keeps

2. Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.

in XboX Insiders
    Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.: When I try to launch Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition, the game always crashes after a few seconds when displaying Microsoft Studio logo. My console location is set to Greece and language...
  3. Age of Empires 2 loading delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 loading delay: Since August of last year, Age of Empires 2 has been slow to load, I am not going to be waiting that long and obviously it is a problem that it takes so long, the usual thing is that the loading...
  4. Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 for Xbox will not get passed the sign in screen: I have been trying to play Age of Empires 2 on my Xbox one for a long time. It used to work and now it does not. It doesn't matter whether I try to play on the cloud or if I have the game...
  5. My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.: Not much left to be said. I own the game and the store offers me to buy it again. Xbox app does recognize that I own it, I even see the achievements, can't install for there, because that is buggy...
  6. WHY WONT MY AGE OF EMPIRES 2 WORK ON MY PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY WONT MY AGE OF EMPIRES 2 WORK ON MY PC: While playing Age of Empires 2, I encountered an unexpected issue where the game abruptly stopped working, particularly affecting the multiplayer functionality, preventing me from logging back in....
  7. Age of Empires IV game files going missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires IV game files going missing: I have Age of Empires installed from PC game pass, but every time I turn my PC off and back on again the game files are missing and when I try to open the game it takes me to the Microsoft store...
  8. How can ı FİX this problem in age of empires 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can ı FİX this problem in age of empires 4: [img] ı played a lot of times age of 4 and now ı took this error C00T01R04X-01 52656C6903E8 06c44f84-d1f8-4c30-a998-38ec0bbb130e
  9. Age of Empires 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 4: Good morning. I'm playing Age of Empires 4 and my game crashes. It could be in 10 minutes, or it could be in an hour. The game just closes without any errors. The Windows events indicate an error...
  10. I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all...: I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all Xbox popups but it still keeps coming up - How do I get rid of this from happening ? Here's the weblink...