after the november update xbox one outputs stereo instead of 5.1 through optical

Discus and support after the november update xbox one outputs stereo instead of 5.1 through optical in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So after the november update xbox one outputs stereo instead of 5.1 through optical cable. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/johnwrong, Nov 21, 2021.

1. /u/johnwrong
    /u/johnwrong Guest

after the november update xbox one outputs stereo instead of 5.1 through optical

So after the november update xbox one outputs stereo instead of 5.1 through optical cable.

Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

submitted by /u/johnwrong
    [link] [comments]

/u/johnwrong, Nov 21, 2021
  2. dazzlerazzle Win User

Xbox One and turtle beach

"I like to play games and watch movies with an Astro surround-sound headset, which decodes Dolby 5.1 audio from an optical input cable. However, the Xbox One is currently only able to output stereo and DTS Digital through its optical output. My headphone
    receiver can't read DTS Digital, so I have to output in stereo, and my surround headphones turn into regular old headphones. I've been asking Microsoft for the last week if they intend to add Dolby output to the optical audio port in the near future (it's
    an option for HDMI output), but haven't gotten a solid answer on whether a fix is coming."
  3. jmcode Win User

Surround Sound not completely working

An optical cable simply can't pass 5.1/7.1 uncompressed, only HDMI or multichannel analog can (the latter of which the Xbox doesn't have). As such your headset (presumably optical) does NOT and cannot support 5.1/7.1 uncompressed. Instead it supports 5.1
    Dolby Digital (DD=compressed), and virtually creates 7.1 from the 5.1 through processing (optical can't pass 7.1 DD+ either, only 5.1). Currently, the Xbox One cannot output Dolby Digital 5.1 over optical, which is why you do not get surround sound in your
    headset. It is also not surprising that your TV is not handling 5.1/7.1 uncompressed properly, as that is something you really need an audio receiver to handle. What is probably happening is your TV is downmixing the uncompressed 5.1/7.1 to some sort of stereo
    (2.1?), resulting is loss of some audio channels. The rest you hear as"virtual surround sound" created by your LG system.

The solution for you is to get a proper audio/video receiver (recommend Onkyo or Denon) that has HDMI inputs, can handle uncompressed 5.1/7.1, etc.; OR wait until the One can output DD 5.1 over optical, When the latter happens, keep in mind that most TVs
    will NOT pass DD 5.1 out over optical. Perhaps yours does (some Vizio models do). If yours doesn't, you will never get true DD 5.1 (just because you hear sound from all speakers doesn't mean you are getting true DD 5.1) from your current setup and would need
    to run the optical out directly to your LG system, instead of through the TV. Hope that helps.
  4. obas Win User

No sound on live TV with Comcast RNG110 Reciever

I had to goto my DVR box and under audio output select HDMI over PCM or Auto.

Then I ran my optical cable from the XBOX to the receiver, the receiver is set to optical input. Also I don't believe the xbox one support 5.1 yet, so you'll need to make the DVR output Stereo or DTS.
  5. Xenokai Win User

What to do with the TOSLINK port

Right now the xbox one output optical TOSLINK 5.1 threw DTS surround. DTS is actually better then Dolby 5.1 but some audio equipment doesnt have support for DTS, dolby toslink support is set to come next year, but right now 5.1 with toslink is possible
    (ive been using it) but only if your recieved supports DTS. Best option you have now is to set the toslink optical to stereo, and then use your dvd player to put it into Dolby Pro Logic II mode. This mode a simulated 5.1 that takes a stereo signal and makes
    it a kinda fakish 5.1 while not true 5.1 is will be better then just 2.0 stereo till dolby is patched in.
  6. x10K Tat 1664x Win User

Optical out audio connection

from what i gather at the moment is that the optical output is stereo till they patch it (would be sure that will be soon though) but the hdmi will be 5.1 and 7.1. but if you cant wait for the patch and just have to have the 5.1 then there are hdmi adapters
    that have an optical out incorparated in them, or if your tv has an optical out you could use that
Thema:

1. after the november update xbox one outputs stereo instead of 5.1 through optical - Similar Threads - november update outputs

2. Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...: It happened last year in November and i dont got access to the gamertag or current email/password 85649070-37f5-4ceb-a3f7-6b50351ed3d6
  3. I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...: Any help on when I’ll be receiving it? It’s a present and I feel bad it’s still not here. 6447d838-7c05-4bfd-bc3a-3dafa3796407
  4. November update broke gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    November update broke gamebar: ever since the recent updates for the xbox app and gamebar in late November it is terrible even worse than before i dont receive invites, notifications etc on gamebar at all or the xbox app on pc...
  5. I didnt have Game Pass all November, and now got charged 1 day for the full amount?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I didnt have Game Pass all November, and now got charged 1 day for the full amount?: I had no money and canceled the Game Pass Subscription within PayPal. Couldnt play Cities2 some days ago as I didnt have Game Pass, Im sure of it I checked the XBox Start Page for new Releases....
  6. Are Xbox 360 games still compatible with the Xbox One as of November 2023?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Xbox 360 games still compatible with the Xbox One as of November 2023?: I tried to play a copy of Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One. I own the game on a disc made for the Xbox 360. I've played the game before multiple times on my Xbox One, so I know that it was...
  7. Xbox Requests: Week of November 17th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of November 17th, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  8. Xbox Requests: Week of November 10th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of November 10th, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  9. Xbox Insider Program Community Update November 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Program Community Update November 2023: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox Requests: Week of November 3rd, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of November 3rd, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...