After setting up my Xbox One with my Xbox 360 hooked to the HDMI port it keeps turning itself ...

Discus and support After setting up my Xbox One with my Xbox 360 hooked to the HDMI port it keeps turning itself ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Info: Xbox Day One Edition (kinect disconnected) Xbox 360s Model (no kinect) After hooking up my Xbox 360 to the HDMI port of my Xbox one the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by B4dW0lF, Jan 3, 2014.

1. B4dW0lF
    B4dW0lF Guest

After setting up my Xbox One with my Xbox 360 hooked to the HDMI port it keeps turning itself ...

Info:

Xbox Day One Edition (kinect disconnected)

Xbox 360s Model (no kinect)

After hooking up my Xbox 360 to the HDMI port of my Xbox one the console will randomly turn itself on and a couple other problems...

To start and the most annoying problem is after I turn off my Xbox 360 (HDMI through my xbox one) and walk away. The console will turn its self on and some how stay in a reboot loop. This particular console is located up stairs and when it boots up you can
    hear the disc drive start to spin and makes a 1-2 second humming sound. Even after turning off the 360 console by either using the controller or pressing the power button and walk away it will be turned on 5 mins later. so before someone says something about
    the kinect commands etc... There is no kinect connected. I have confirmed that the console only acts this way when connected tot he Xbox one.

The second issue with hooking my console up through the Xbox one is at start up the Xbox 360 freezes on the splash screen and then will continue a couple of seconds-1 minute later. Again I have confirmed this only occurs when hooked up to the Xbox One as
    it doesnt do it when hooked up directly to the TV.

To add to what I have wrote above, I am not rookie, I have 3 Xbox ones and 4 Xbox 360s, this is the only set up in the house that has the 360 pass directly through the Xbox one and none of the other Xbox One consoles have similar issues when hooked up to
    our dish network receivers or bluray player.

:)

B4dW0lF, Jan 3, 2014
  2. B4dW0lF
    B4dW0lF Guest
    After setting up my Xbox One with my Xbox 360 hooked to the HDMI port it keeps turning itself on.

Xbox Day One Edition (kinect disconnected)

Xbox 360s Model (no kinect)

After hooking up my Xbox 360 to the HDMI port of my Xbox one the console will randomly turn itself on and a couple other problems...

To start and the most annoying problem is after I turn off my Xbox 360 (HDMI through my xbox one) and walk away. The console will turn its self on and some how stay in a reboot loop. This particular console is located up stairs and when it boots up you can
    hear the disc drive start to spin and makes a 1-2 second humming sound. Even after turning off the 360 console by either using the controller or pressing the power button and walk away it will be turned on 5 mins later. so before someone says something about
    the kinect commands etc... There is no kinect connected. I have confirmed that the console only acts this way when connected tot he Xbox one.

The second issue with hooking my console up through the Xbox one is at start up the Xbox 360 freezes on the splash screen and then will continue a couple of seconds-1 minute later. Again I have confirmed this only occurs when hooked up to the Xbox One as
    it doesnt do it when hooked up directly to the TV.

To add to what I have wrote above, I am not rookie, I have 3 Xbox ones and 4 Xbox 360s, this is the only set up in the house that has the 360 pass directly through the Xbox one and none of the other Xbox One consoles have similar issues when hooked up to
    our dish network receivers or bluray player.

Also posted in the Xbox one forum here:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/...support/f/4269/p/1660407/4366267.aspx#4366267

Posted 2 days ago and no response

B4dW0lF, Jan 3, 2014
  3. After setting up my Xbox One with my Xbox 360 hooked to the HDMI port it keeps turning itself on.

Hey there

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about this issue, and diddnt know that you are allowed/could hook your 360 to your Xbox One and play on the 360 that way. The only thing I could think of is, when you have the 360 plugged directly to the Xbox One. The
    360 is somehow turning it on. However I'm not too sure., and there is no articles on Support telling you what you need to do to connect your Xbox 360 to your Xbox One. Which is why I am thinking you are not ment to do that.

As for the issue with it not following your instructions sharply. This could be because its passing through the Xbox One. which will/could explain why it looks funny and the inputs and outputs are delayed.

Overall I would recomend doing what others are doing and replace the Xbox One cables with the 360 cables. That is the only thing I could think of at this time.

Hope all of this helps

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 3, 2014
  4. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

After setting up my Xbox One with my Xbox 360 hooked to the HDMI port it keeps turning itself on.

Hey there

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about this issue, and diddnt know that you are allowed/could hook your 360 to your Xbox One and play on the 360 that way. The only thing I could think of is, when you have the 360 plugged directly to the Xbox One. The
    360 is somehow turning it on. However I'm not too sure., and there is no articles on Support telling you what you need to do to connect your Xbox 360 to your Xbox One. Which is why I am thinking you are not ment to do that.

As for the issue with it not following your instructions sharply. This could be because its passing through the Xbox One. which will/could explain why it looks funny and the inputs and outputs are delayed.

Overall I would recomend doing what others are doing and replace the Xbox One cables with the 360 cables. That is the only thing I could think of at this time.

Hope all of this helps

Regards,
  5. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

In other words

plugging the Xbox 360 into the TV when you want to use the 360, and plugging the Xbox One into the TV when you want to use the Xbox One.

Regards,
  6. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

xbox one and xbox 360 together

Hello "kineticREBEL" :)

I have heard a lot of negative things about hooking up your Xbox 360 into the HDMI port of the Xbox One.

My Xbox 360 and Xbox One are hooked up to their own HDMI ports (because my TV has 3 of them LOL).

Personally, I recommend that you NOT connect your Xbox 360 to the back of your Xbox One and simply opt to use the extra HDMI ports of your TV :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night :)
  7. SilentGamer895 Win User

360 to cable box to xone

Hi there tiamat89 with the xbox ones hdmi in port you plug your 360 into the console and keep your cable box hooked up to your tv if theres room.
  8. AlanOC Win User

Xbox 360 HDMI Problem

Oh wow... I just fixed the problem after months of figuring out what the hell was wrong.

I decided to hook up my Xbox back to my capture card via HDMI and see if that helped. Still nothing.

On my capture card there is two HDMI fittable ports (really one). One is HDMI and the other is something like DB_AR.

The DB_AR port (which is in the shape of a HDMI port) is used for hooking up my connecter cable that allows me to use component cables, composite cables, etc in my capture card.

This is the converter you get with it: [View:http://www.alphacity.co.nz/images/imagingtech/imagingtech_2820.jpg]

I decided to put my HDMI cable into that port, blank screen, then take it out and put it into the HDMI port of my capture card. It said "Out of Range" and "1920x1080" at the bottom of the screen. I knew this because my capture card can only do 1080i. Straight
    away I turned on my tv and hooked my Xbox into it and the picture displayed again!

Everything seems fine now and my HDMI port on my Xbox is working correctly.

Finally....
Thema:

1. After setting up my Xbox One with my Xbox 360 hooked to the HDMI port it keeps turning itself ... - Similar Threads - setting 360 hooked

2. should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?: should traffic in be allowed for xbox360 in modem firewall settings? f6b91e7d-394a-44ca-aabc-055c5177d841
  3. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  4. Xbox 360 is asking for a passkey I didn't set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 is asking for a passkey I didn't set up.: So as the titles says, for some reason there's a passkey being needed to sign in to my Xbox 360, I've never put one on to my account, and I'm the only one with access to the device, this also...
  5. How to reset passcode and reset question to Xbox 360 family settings without Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset passcode and reset question to Xbox 360 family settings without Xbox live: I bought a 360 console with games downloaded on the hard drive, from the Facebook marketplace. I tried downloading my profile, but i don't know the passcode or it's reset question...
  6. How to set up a live account on a 360

in XBoX on Windows
    How to set up a live account on a 360: I am trying to get my Xbox 360 arcade to play my Xbox version of Lord of the Rings return of the King. Connected to the internet via Ethernet cord, but can’t seem to get live to run so that I can...
  7. Does anyone know how to get rid of family settings on a second hand Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how to get rid of family settings on a second hand Xbox 360?: I have recently bought an Xbox 360 and have found that there are family settings on it which I do not have the code to. da9ff7b8-6016-4d1b-85e7-0e81c8f9307a
  8. How to change Xbox 360 privacy settings without an Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change Xbox 360 privacy settings without an Xbox 360: I bought the black ops 2 season pass but when I try to install the content I get an error message saying premium content blocked for this profile. The issue is I can't change the privacy and...
  9. I was logged in my Xbox 360 and I factory reset it because of the family settings.. well...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was logged in my Xbox 360 and I factory reset it because of the family settings.. well...: Hi I'm wondering how I can download my profile back to my Xbox 360.. I factory reset it and now it won't let me download my profile saying I'm already signed in a Xbox...
  10. I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working: Do I still have to go to www.xbox.com/pcsetup on my phone to get windows media to work on my xbox360 e7c53b0f-3b24-4359-b993-a0eb543ad471