After sept 23 update CEC won’t turn tv

Discus and support After sept 23 update CEC won’t turn tv in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After last nights sept 23rd update Xbox sx no longer will turn tv on using CEC . If I turn Xbox off it turns tv on . Not turning it on . Did factory... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/YardlyApelson, Sep 24, 2022.

1. After sept 23 update CEC won’t turn tv

After last nights sept 23rd update Xbox sx no longer will turn tv on using CEC . If I turn Xbox off it turns tv on . Not turning it on . Did factory reset on Xbox and tv . Removed all cables reseated and then enabled all the CEC settings across the devices . Still no luck . Worked before update just fine .

submitted by /u/YardlyApelson
    [link] [comments]

/u/YardlyApelson, Sep 24, 2022
  2. OpticRJames Win User

How do I get my TV to shut off with XBox series X? I have it set up to, but it does not

Hi, Tim. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Make sure to check first if your TV support the HDMI-CEC feature which sends commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

To turn off the TV along with the console, please do the steps below using your console.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & System> Settings > General > TV & display options > TV & A/V power options.

You will need to turn on the HDMI-CEC function there, please also make sure that HDMI-CEC is also enabled on your TV settings.

After setting all of that up, on the TV & AV power options screen check the HDMI-CEC box to activate CEC then turn on the following setting "Console Turns off other devices."
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X?

Hello Sean, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the TV and console.

This sounds like you have HDMI-CEC set up on your console. This will allow the console to turn the TV on or off when you turn the console on or off.

It's possible that the console has not fully shut down when you turn off the TV so it could be getting a false 'turn on' signal from the console. I'd suggest waiting a moment after turning off the console to turn off the TV or turn off the HDMI-CEC setting on your console.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One S HDMI issue

It's probably due to the TV sending a
    CEC signal
    via HDMI.

Check if your TV has a setting to turn these CEC functions off. However, most TV makers don't call it CEC, but something fancy like VIERA Link, Anynet+, Aquos Link.

Turn off those CEC commands, and your Xbox should stay off when you start the EPG.
  5. Thundercleetz Win User

X1 stopped turning on and off my audio receiver since update

Don't count on Microsoft adding HDMI-CEC. That would require you to turn on your cable box first and not the X1. And that assuming cable boxes have HDMI-CEC capabilities (I don't have cable so I don't know, but my HD antenna converter box does not support
    CEC). Unless they somehow send a distinct IR signal to the cable box and use HDMI-CEC through the X1 to the TV/audio receiver. And isn't HDMI-CEC send the signal up to turn on and comes down to turn off. Wouldn't that mean you'd turn your X1 on to turn your
    entertainment systems all on and have to turn your TV off to turn everything off?
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

System resets when switching channels

Something else to check out is if your tv has a feature called CEC, it may be called something else on your TV. Heres a link with more information regarding CEC ( Consumer Electronics Control )

If your tv does have this feature then try turning it off please.

-

en.wikipedia.org/.../Consumer_Electronics_Control
Thema:

After sept 23 update CEC won’t turn tv

1. After sept 23 update CEC won’t turn tv - Similar Threads - sept update CEC

2. daily challenge 16th sept, tri peaks = easy???unable to complete 7 sixes in one deal anyone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    daily challenge 16th sept, tri peaks = easy???unable to complete 7 sixes in one deal anyone...: Solitaire daily challenge for 16th sept, Tri Peaks states its easy and to clear 7 sixes in one deal. Unable to complete, also there are not 7 sixes available to complete in the deal....
  3. the Sept. 16th tri peaks "easy" game is not possible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the Sept. 16th tri peaks "easy" game is not possible: The sept16 Microsoft Solitaire game of Tri peaks "easy" game is not possible e7e056f9-5cbd-4e38-8782-a78a940f47b9
  4. Is there a solution for the Microsoft Solitaire Daily News challenge Tripeaks game for Sept...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a solution for the Microsoft Solitaire Daily News challenge Tripeaks game for Sept...: Today's Microsoft Solitaire Daily Challenge Tripeaks game appears to be unsolvable. Even the expert videos say this. Fix it so our perfect games for the month aren't ruined....
  5. Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023): I am trying to record clips of Starfield with my voice commentary being recorded but it does not appear to work. The video is recording fine, the in-game audio is recording fine, but my voice is...
  6. MSFS quits after Ready To Fly after Sept 21, 2022 update!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS quits after Ready To Fly after Sept 21, 2022 update!: Hello, after the last FS2020 update on 9/21/22 my game just quits as soon as I hit "Ready to Fly" button. The game launches fine, all updates in place including Xbox app, Windows store, WU, and...
  7. There was a problem with the update :0( (14th Sept)

in XBoX on Consoles
    There was a problem with the update :0( (14th Sept): The latest update has rendered my xbox one useless! It never completes and gives various error codes depending on which method i use to reboot etc (0x80070570 0x00000000 0x9000006 etc). I've had...
  8. Inconsistent audio issues Series X since Sept 7 2022 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inconsistent audio issues Series X since Sept 7 2022 update: I am still having this problem since the last update. Series X and Samsung TV. Have tried everything. Super frustrated. Sometimes I can only hear menu/homescreen sounds and not in game, sometimes...
  9. Black Screen of Death still after Sept 23 Update

in XBoX on Windows
    Black Screen of Death still after Sept 23 Update: Near the end of August, my Xbox One did a system update and is currently experiencing the Black Screen of Death, like quite a few others have experienced. The new system update that released a...
  10. latest MSFS 2020 update on the 7th Sept 21.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    latest MSFS 2020 update on the 7th Sept 21.: Hi - Regarding the latest MSFS 2020 update on the 7th Sept 21. The update is not appearing in my Microsoft Store. Yet another mess up following a product update on this program. I am using the...