After New Experience update, Xbox will not turn off my projector.

Discus and support After New Experience update, Xbox will not turn off my projector. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First, let me say how useless the chat support has been. I have spent HOURS just trying to explain the problem to them. Then it's the useless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x219c, Dec 30, 2015.

1. x219c
    x219c Guest

First, let me say how useless the chat support has been. I have spent HOURS just trying to explain the problem to them. Then it's the useless responses: restart, factory reset, offline update tool... etc. I have wasted so much time trying to either
    A: solve my problem. Or B: Get the problem to the right area so it can be worked on. At this point, I'm really trying for B, at one of the support people's request. Apparently, they're so useless, they want us to put in tickets for them. I'm not exaggerating.
    He literally told me he can't report problems with the update and to report it here.

The problem: My Xbox no longer turns my projector off, despite having the "send power toggle twice" option turned on.

The background: I use my Xbox with a Pioneer SC-67 A/V receiver, and Optoma HD131xe projector.
    Until the new update to bring backwards compatibility and the new interface... I had absolutely zero problems:
    It turned everything on and off without failing, ever. After the update, it now appears to send either one power command to my projector, or two which are too close together. In either case, my projector registers
    only one command received, prompting me to press "power" again to power off my projector. I then need to use my actual remote to power off my projector. It does still control my A/V receiver reliably.

:)

x219c, Dec 30, 2015
  2. x219c
    x219c Guest
    Turning off TV/Projector Optoma HD20

Hello,

This setting used to work for me until the new experience update... My Xbox would happily turn my projector, receiver, and cable box on and off with absolutely no problems, ever. I then updated to the new experience that added backwards compatibility and
    although everything else will turn on and off, my projector indicates that the power command has only been sent once. I have been connected to useless online chat people for hours, several times and have factory reset my console, done the offline system update
    tool, etc... I have wasted hours on this. I have turned the "send twice" option off, on... same thing. It seems to only send one command. I don't know if it's two commands, too close together, or if it's not sending two at all. I'm using an Optoma projector,
    the HD131xe, if it matters.

x219c, Dec 30, 2015
  3. BUBBABA
    BUBBABA Guest
    was the option to send double power signal to projector taken away

since update my xbox one will not send a double power signal to turn my projector off and I do not see the setting anymore. was this deleted?

BUBBABA, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Enni ZQ
    Enni ZQ Guest

Ah..Alas I have had similar issues but with my AV reciever. I'm on the preview dashboard however but the fix is the same for non preview consoles such as yours...But firstly can I check if you have followed this guide at all?

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-oneguide

You may have been pointed here previously so apologies if this is repeat info...but my advice would be to totally remove the problem device from the oneguide settings and run the setup wizard again. Also it would be advisable to recalibrate your kinect settings
    as the update to NXOE could have corrupted them in someway...a guide for this is linked from the page I included above. If this has alrwady been done then let me know and we can try and check out a few other settings and the update itself

Sorry you feel messed around...hopefully I can help After New Experience update, Xbox will not turn off my projector. :)

Xbox Community Ambassador

Enni ZQ, Dec 30, 2015
  5. x219c
    x219c Guest
    Thanks for getting back to me... Unfortunately, I've tried removing the device. I've tried factory resetting, the offline update tool... Basically, I've started from scratch to make sure it's not something just setup wrong. I can verify that the kinect is
    emitting IR signals, as it's commanding my A/V just fine. It also sends a command to my projector, as the projector comes up and tells me to press the power button again to turn off when the Xbox shuts down. This also indicates it has the correct code for
    the projector. It just doesn't seem to send the signal twice, or if it is sending it twice, it's doing it way too fast. I have checked, and double checked the "send twice" option in the settings.

x219c, Jan 1, 2016
  6. I have this exact same issue, but with an Epson projector. The problem can be resolved if you disable the instant on function. I believe the issue is the fact that the xbox sends the first power signal, then cuts the hdmi signal, then sends the second power
    signal. When the hdmi signal is cut, it cancels out the first power signal, making me press power on the projector remote once to get it all the way off.

Act10nJacks0n95, Jan 3, 2016
  7. x219c
    x219c Guest
    Thank you for the answer... That does, indeed, solve the problem. I guess the next step is: how do we escalate this to Microsoft to be fixed? This problem was introduced with their update.

x219c, Jan 3, 2016
  8. OObillymacOO
    OObillymacOO Guest

I have the same issue. Don't you lose something by turning off instant on? Like the ability to go straight to TV/OneGuide on startup? Not a super huge deal I guess, but it does make it easier for the wife.

Going to look at it again tonight to be sure I'm not missing something, but after searching a bit today it does look like many with projectors are having this problem since the update.

OObillymacOO, Jan 5, 2016
  9. Jordan1205
    Jordan1205 Guest
    This is quite an annoying workaround. I am having the same issue, but I love the instant-on mode. Power off 2x was working perfectly before the update, and now it literally never works.

I hope Microsoft patches this already because it has been going on ever since I upgraded to stupid NXOE.

Jordan1205, Jan 6, 2016
  10. maxen
    maxen Guest
    One of the places to report this feedback can be via the Xbox Feedback site:

Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

Submitting feedback to re-add lost features maybe feels a little weird, but there's also currently a suggestion for re-adding the option to hide items from "Ready to Install" that's hovering around 1,000 votes, so there's definitely scope for the Feedback
    site leading to this being noticed quicker.

maxen, Jan 6, 2016
  11. x219c
    x219c Guest
    As an answer, I have only lost the ability to say "Xbox On" and have the xbox turn on. Admittedly, it's a small thing. The last thing I want to do, however, is go up to the xbox to turn it on, or find a remote around to turn it on. Once I do turn it on,
    though... It handles everything else just like it used to -as far as I've noticed.

As far as submitting it on the feedback site, that's an idea. I am just stunned at how inept the actual xbox support was, and their refusal to report the problem from their end. I'm confused why they think we should be begging to have this problem fixed
    on a feedback site, when we've reported it to their representatives. I should be able to report it, and wait to have it fixed. I'll go over there and report it when I find a little time. If someone else has one up, please leave a note so we can go up-vote
    it.

x219c, Jan 6, 2016
  12. OObillymacOO
    OObillymacOO Guest
    I'll head over to that link and submit feedback as well when I have a bit more time.

As far as Instant On for me goes, it's a requirement. In the meantime, I'm going to set my projector to Auto On and drop the Auto Off down to 2 minutes to see if that temporarily solves the issue. I really hope that they fix this. It most certainly is a
    bug.

OObillymacOO, Jan 7, 2016
  13. After New Experience update, Xbox will not turn off my projector.

moneymoney666, Oct 31, 2018
  14. maxen Win User

One of the places to report this feedback can be via the Xbox Feedback site:

http://feedback.xbox.com/

Submitting feedback to re-add lost features maybe feels a little weird, but there's also currently a suggestion for re-adding the option to hide items from "Ready to Install" that's hovering around 1,000 votes, so there's definitely scope for the Feedback
    site leading to this being noticed quicker.
  15. OObillymacOO Win User

I have the same issue. Don't you lose something by turning off instant on? Like the ability to go straight to TV/OneGuide on startup? Not a super huge deal I guess, but it does make it easier for the wife.

Going to look at it again tonight to be sure I'm not missing something, but after searching a bit today it does look like many with projectors are having this problem since the update.
  16. Enni ZQ Win User

Ah..Alas I have had similar issues but with my AV reciever. I'm on the preview dashboard however but the fix is the same for non preview consoles such as yours...But firstly can I check if you have followed this guide at all?

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-oneguide

You may have been pointed here previously so apologies if this is repeat info...but my advice would be to totally remove the problem device from the oneguide settings and run the setup wizard again. Also it would be advisable to recalibrate your kinect settings
    as the update to NXOE could have corrupted them in someway...a guide for this is linked from the page I included above. If this has alrwady been done then let me know and we can try and check out a few other settings and the update itself

Sorry you feel messed around...hopefully I can help :)

Xbox Community Ambassador
  17. moneymoney666 Win User

Thanks for getting back to me... Unfortunately, I've tried removing the device. I've tried factory resetting, the offline update tool... Basically, I've started from scratch to make sure it's not something just setup wrong. I can verify that the kinect is
    emitting IR signals, as it's commanding my A/V just fine. It also sends a command to my projector, as the projector comes up and tells me to press the power button again to turn off when the Xbox shuts down. This also indicates it has the correct code for
    the projector. It just doesn't seem to send the signal twice, or if it is sending it twice, it's doing it way too fast. I have checked, and double checked the "send twice" option in the settings.

I am having the exact same problem and cannot get it fixed exact same set up but different projector.
  18. x219c Win User

Thank you for the answer... That does, indeed, solve the problem. I guess the next step is: how do we escalate this to Microsoft to be fixed? This problem was introduced with their update.
Thema:

1. After New Experience update, Xbox will not turn off my projector. - Similar Threads - Experience update turn

2. Enhance the gaming experience! Connect now!

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance the gaming experience! Connect now!: Want to be friends with ZombShawty on Xbox? Click the link. https://www.xbox.com/play/share/friend/Rbx2u6it7q submitted by /u/ZombShawty [link] [comments]
  3. MUST READ **MY EXPERIENCE WITH GABRIEL Microsoft Answer Tech**

in XboX Insiders
    MUST READ **MY EXPERIENCE WITH GABRIEL Microsoft Answer Tech**: To the Esteemed Team at xboxinsider (THIS IS SOMETHIGN THAT NEEDS TO BE HEARD AND SHARD), I am writing to you today, not just as a customer, but as a person who has been deeply touched by the...
  4. My experience as series s user from Iran

in XBoX on Windows
    My experience as series s user from Iran: Hi Microsoft Ive been using xbox series s for 6 months and these things bother me hope ur TECHs fix them: 1-Im not a terrorist im a citizen in Iran and in this hatred regime i cant change the...
  5. Choosing the DisplayPort Cable for an Optimal 4K Experience on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Choosing the DisplayPort Cable for an Optimal 4K Experience on Xbox Series X: Hello everyone, I've ordered this screen for the Xbox Series X: Amazon link However, the 4K display (3840x2160) is only provided by the DisplayPort. HDMI, on the other hand, provides a maximum...
  6. Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience: Hello all, I’ve been a gold member for about 17 years, even longer with original Xbox but switched accounts when the 360 released. I have been playing ark ascended recently and I literally can’t...
  7. Get To Know Our Team: Andrew - Customer Experience Manager

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Andrew - Customer Experience Manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  8. New Features and Experiences for skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    New Features and Experiences for skip ahead: New Features and Experiences We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview. Settings – Access Restrictions We have added two new...
  9. Repair center experience

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair center experience: I wanted to start a discussion regarding the repair service through Microsoft. I sent a Xbox elite series 2 controller in for repair for the trigger on the right side not working properly. I...
  10. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*...