After moving a game from external storage to internal, my Xbox will no longer load it

Discus and support After moving a game from external storage to internal, my Xbox will no longer load it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having issues with games on my external storage freezing lately, so I thought I'd test out moving one back to internal to see if it would... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Incarnate Sable, Apr 11, 2020.

1. After moving a game from external storage to internal, my Xbox will no longer load it

I've been having issues with games on my external storage freezing lately, so I thought I'd test out moving one back to internal to see if it would stop the freezing, and instead my Xbox just won't launch. I get the splash screen to say I've selected a
    game and it's about to start playing it, but then it just exits back to the Xbox dashboard. I've already been through the most common fixes such as hard reset, clearing cache, all that. Is there any reason for this outside of Xbox services being weird with
    so many people stuck at home?

:)

Incarnate Sable, Apr 11, 2020
  2. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

After moving a game from external storage to internal, my Xbox will no longer load it

3. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

As of now it show Xbox Live is experiencing a social and gaming problems. Please be very patient Xbox Tech is working hard to fix it.

I had the something on my XBox..

I moved my fav. games to my 1TB internal hard drive and other games, vids to my external 4TB hard drive. I never fill up my internal hard drive, I give it alot of space for the games to have room.

One day I moved a few games then could not play or load after I moved it to internal. What I did is erased the game. (Note: game saves are on the cloud) I reset my download option back to internal hard drive for all game downloads. I turn off my XBox, waited
    30 min. to 1hr. Turn my XBox back on. Download a small quick game I never installed (test only). Once the game installed, select to play it. Its running good. ok. Go back to the main game you was having trouble with re-download it (directly to internal hard
    drive) Select your game check to see if it will load an play. Once everything is running ok. Go back to setting to set your hard drive downloads to external hard drive.
  4. ShowaddyRoddy Win User

F1 2021 update

We now appear to have a solution.

1. Remove the game from the internal storage.

2. Install the game and updates on to an external storage device

3. Move the game to internal storage.

This was only done last night but so far the game works perfectly, hopefully until EA develop a better solution.

Happy Gaming!

BTW this game was loaded from disc
    I’m having the same issue as everyone else, but I’ve moved mine from external storage to internal on my Series X.

I’ve had the thing a few hours and haven’t played anything yet 😡
  5. LeslieAbbott Win User

F1 2021 update

We now appear to have a solution.

1. Remove the game from the internal storage.

2. Install the game and updates on to an external storage device

3. Move the game to internal storage.

This was only done last night but so far the game works perfectly, hopefully until EA develop a better solution.

Happy Gaming!

BTW this game was loaded from disc
  6. AtiUchkunov Win User

I cannot play some games , my xbox one kicks me out

I have a few games on the external storage and now I am trying to move games from my internal to my external but the game would not move.. says installation stopped. What else I can do? Should I buy a new external storage ?

Thanks
Thema:

1. After moving a game from external storage to internal, my Xbox will no longer load it - Similar Threads - moving game external

2. Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.: The dashboard and various games (this includes: Assassins' Creed: Odyssey, Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3, KOTOR, and KOTOR 2) with the menus are acting weird they tend move around very fast or...
  3. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  4. Move game back to ext.storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move game back to ext.storage?: Hi, newbie here! I’m going to store games on external drive. Moving/copying game from ext. to int. then play. After that do I have to move the game back to ext. or can I delete it (in order to...
  5. Whenever I was playing my game, my analog stick would always move correctly on time so we...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I was playing my game, my analog stick would always move correctly on time so we...: Whenever I play my game call of duty whenever I try and move my analog stick up and down before this happened. It was perfectly fine and it always respond it on time but now whenever I try and...
  6. Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?: I just bought a 5 TB Seagate game drive for Xbox. I was surprised to find that it only stores games, and you have to move them to the Xbox 'S' in order to play them. My question is, if you play a...
  7. My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?: I got a new laptop 2 months ago on windows 11 and while playing games whether or not its with friends or on my own after using any of my movement buttons and then released my character would...
  8. How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?: I want to Move ALL my info from my Xbox One to my new Xbox One S 1e01550e-4684-4ae0-b722-deb65b319ba0
  9. Need help cant move game clips:(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need help cant move game clips:(: I am having trouble with moving to OneDrive to be able to save my photos. It won't let me move the ones that say "On the Xbox network". when I try to move it, it doesn't get one in and says...
  10. Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage: Instale un disco duro externo en mi Xbox series S para almacenar juegos de que algunos juegos optimizados para la nueva generación no pueden ser reproducidos directamente del disco duro y tienen...