After latest update, Dolby Atmos for Headphones reverts to Windows Sonic after reboot

Discus and support After latest update, Dolby Atmos for Headphones reverts to Windows Sonic after reboot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the latest firmware update, Dolby Atmos for Headphones reverts to Windows Sonic after rebooting my Xbox One X. Also, when I try to change it back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobertoZayas, Feb 27, 2020.

1. RobertoZayas
    RobertoZayas Guest

After latest update, Dolby Atmos for Headphones reverts to Windows Sonic after reboot

After the latest firmware update, Dolby Atmos for Headphones reverts to Windows Sonic after rebooting my Xbox One X. Also, when I try to change it back to Dolby Atmos, it shows the "You need to download Dolby Atmos for headphones" message - but it's already
    installed. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Dolby app doesn't help. Suggestions?

:)

RobertoZayas, Feb 27, 2020
  2. RobertoZayas Win User

More observations. When you visit the audio menu after rebooting (w/o headphones connected), you see Windows Sonic. However, if you plug headphones it automatically goes back to Dolby Atmos for Headphones. So maybe it's not broken, but it works differently
    than before (where it always said Atmos whether the headphones were plugged or not)?
  3. FuzzLiteBeard Win User

I am having the same issue. I havehav found a solution yet. When I do, I'll report back!
  4. KingOfTheRen Win User

I had this issue and solved it!

I had to go into the Dolby Atmos for Headphones App on my console and go through the process of setting it up again(doesn't take long), in that process it will take you to your audio settings and that's when I was finally able to select Atmos and have it stay
    Atmos. Simply going into your settings for whatever reason doesn't seem to work, I needed to go through the Atmos App and have it take me to the audio settings.

Let me know if this helped you, it worked for me but that doesn't always mean it will work for everyone.

Best of luck and happy gaming!
  5. ZenKiller08 Win User

Haven't tried this yet. Will have to make sure Atmos is working. Thanks for the heads up.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello IAmDrummist,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be
    more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming
    IAmDrummist!
Thema:

1. After latest update, Dolby Atmos for Headphones reverts to Windows Sonic after reboot - Similar Threads - latest update Dolby

2. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  3. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  4. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  5. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  6. (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?: It is Windows 10. I did a check for an update yesterday and there were none so I was fully up to date. This morning I am getting an error. (0x80070643) I ran the troubleshooter for updates....
  7. Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring: Why did they remove the sidebar from edge including access to Copilot. submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  8. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  9. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  10. Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller: Hi I updated my PC to the latest windows update and after that my wired Xbox 360 controller(s) have stopped working on my PC. I have reinstalled the drivers, tried different USB ports (USB 3.0...