After last update I can not turn off sound through HDMI on XBOX Series X. Got error 0x80bd0009

Discus and support After last update I can not turn off sound through HDMI on XBOX Series X. Got error 0x80bd0009 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last update from 25.10.2021 broke my settings All the time the sound is set to be played with gamepad, sound with HDMI - disabled. Now the param for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ilyachch, Nov 10, 2021.

1. ilyachch
    ilyachch Guest

After last update I can not turn off sound through HDMI on XBOX Series X. Got error 0x80bd0009

Last update from 25.10.2021 broke my settings

All the time the sound is set to be played with gamepad, sound with HDMI - disabled.

Now the param for HDMI audio is set to "stereo without compression", but if I try to set it off, I got error 0x80bd0009

This config was working from the start of usage. Was broken only today

:)

ilyachch, Nov 10, 2021
  2. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  3. MateusFontana Win User

I believe this problem happened due to the last update, I found a thread on Reddit where countless people report the same problem. You can check out this thread at the link below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/pvppv3/i...

- What I can suggest you to do in this case is to report this problem to the Xbox team via the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

While it is not possible to use the mentioned function due to the error that is displayed, I suggest you to mute your TV by the remote control, until an update is released to solve the problem.

* If you want to try possible solutions, I suggest the procedures below.

Solution 1:

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

Solution 2:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

- Select the option to keep your games and apps so that they are not deleted, make sure you know your email and password as they will be removed from the console and you will need to add them again.
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. Unfortunately, there are no official solutions for this problem, however, I suggest you try the solutions provided in the article below.

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-0x80bd0009-audio...

- If the problem is not solved following the solutions in the article above, I suggest you try the solution provided in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgtKFpUUTs

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  5. ilyachch Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. Unfortunately, there are no official solutions for this problem, however, I suggest you try the solutions provided in the article below.

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-0x80bd0009-audio...

- If the problem is not solved following the solutions in the article above, I suggest you try the solution provided in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgtKFpUUTs

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
    Hello!

Thank you for your response.

I think you misunderstood me. I want to turn off sound, that playing with my TV

I've also made a video of a problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQORe9at44

Just yesterday I could turn HDMI audio off. And now I can't. It's very weird.

I've tried the options from articles you've provided - no change.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS

Do you have an optical cable (SPDIF) to bypass the HDMI in the receiver/TV, completely, to see if that works? You can then turn off your HDMI audio with that.

Also, I've found a similar post here that may help:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_console/error-code-0x80bd0009-xbox-one-x/a48bdd21-492e-4592-99fb-654d357455f3

"Hello, i had the same problem with my HDMI home-theater, i couldn't get HDMI sound passtrough 5.1 (error 0x80bd0009) probably due to 4K resolution. I found a solution so i hope it could help you, it just need to be configured first in manual 1080P, it's
    just a bug of the autodetect resolution mode that almost never works for passthrough sound even in 1080p now. First you need to switch in display and sound TV connection from Auto-detect to HDMI. Then you'll have a poor resolution. You'll have to switch to
    1080P and then accept all the options available in advanced video options and on the right for games and apps, don't forget to select : Allow 4k. When you'll have done this you'll need to go in audio output and select under speaker audio HDMI audio and 5.1
    passthrough (or 7.1 depending on your home-cinema). Here you shouldn't get the error code (0x80bd0009). Then you'll just need to get back to Display and sound and go back to Display Auto-detect and then go back to 4k resolution. It worked for me as i was getting
    the same error for month, after xbox upgrade, while at first it worked perfectly with the same material. Hope this will help you! Bye."
Thema:

1. After last update I can not turn off sound through HDMI on XBOX Series X. Got error 0x80bd0009 - Similar Threads - last update turn

2. I'm having issues since the last update (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues since the last update (beta): I am in the beta program and ever since the update I have been unable to join a party it says encountered an error. 0x89240001. When I try invite people to my party it says invite failed...
  3. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  4. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  5. Xbox One X ( Alpha Skip-Ahead ) Edge crashing on the 4-5 last updates? Fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X ( Alpha Skip-Ahead ) Edge crashing on the 4-5 last updates? Fix?: So i was was a happy insider till like 2-3 weeks ago. Sure, the odd crash here n there, but that is to be expected w Alphas.... But 4 or 5 updates ago something happened to Microsoft Edge,...
  6. Packet loss problem after last ALPHA ring update

in XboX Insiders
    Packet loss problem after last ALPHA ring update: Good morning, I noticed that after the last ALPHA ring update the packet loss problem appeared which I never had before. Let me start by saying that my connection and my router work perfectly, on...
  7. Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my...: Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my system no good I didn't spend $800 to just have it turn out to be garbage there's only a year and a half old...
  8. After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video: I have an XBox Series X Connected to a Denon Receiver and then to an LG OLED TV. I leave my XBox on all the time. Ever since the last system update last week, When I switch my receiver video...
  9. Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV: Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update the box in settings now says my tv no longer supports. Hdr10 when is its a 4k uhd tv 78a7612c-ef3b-42bd-9b45-bd3f8c816bb4
  10. Issue with the Elite 2 controller since last update

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue with the Elite 2 controller since last update: I think since the update on 14 November 2023 for the controller, my options button is not working at all. Also, when in the main menu for xbox, if I want to change from one window option to...