After installed the Xbox Game Pass in PC, my PS4 controller will freeze randomly

Discus and support After installed the Xbox Game Pass in PC, my PS4 controller will freeze randomly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After installed the Xbox Game Pass in PC my PS4 controller (connect with wire) will freeze randomly. I change the usb port, wire and PS4 controller... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AIRHO, Nov 14, 2021.

1. AIRHO
    AIRHO Guest

After installed the Xbox Game Pass in PC, my PS4 controller will freeze randomly

After installed the Xbox Game Pass in PC my PS4 controller (connect with wire) will freeze randomly. I change the usb port, wire and PS4 controller still cannot solve it.

I found that my controller freezes last input when "XVD" devices are remove/ add. And XVD is xbox's stuff(?)

As I cant control the XVD Devices add/remove. So how to disable the add and remove of the XVD devices? The XVD devices add and remove randomly!! Please help.

:)

AIRHO, Nov 14, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

You have to.address it with the software that you are using

I'm.guessing ds4win

Otherwise what happens is it is treated as a gamepad and with no extra functions

This is because ps4 controllers don't use direct input but steams input or third party software
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi AIRHO,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are experience the PS4 Controller freeze randomly while playing Xbox games. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To properly isolate your concern, we will be asking some questions. Please provide details/information for us to give more accurate resolution for you.

May we know what kind of game did you play when you experience freeze of the controller?

May we know if this happens recently?

Did you already update your controller?

Are you having issues with the downloaded games?

Please check here for known issues that might related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for your response, AIRHO.

Sorry to hear about that. Would you mind sharing this concern to our Team Xbox? Please indicate what app is not working fine with your Controller so they can check the specs of it to be consider this to work smoothly in the future.

Kindly check here for the guide - Provide feedback to Team Xbox, you may choose at any convenient way for you to send this feedback.

Stay safe always. If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

5. AIRHO Win User

Happens after installed XBox Game Pass.

I deleted the xbox game pass my controller works normally as "XVD Devices" don't add/remove anymore.

Any methods to block the XVD devices add/remove themselves?
  6. ngocphi Win User

Ps4 uses gamepad drivers unless you use third party software fyi but not direct.x 11 drivers

This is because sony didn't write drivers for Windows

Only steam.and.ds4win wrote them
Thema:

1. After installed the Xbox Game Pass in PC, my PS4 controller will freeze randomly - Similar Threads - installed Game Pass

2. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  3. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  4. Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!: Cant install Assassins Creed Valhalla which is available as part of XBox Game Pass. Install button just shows a sad face. I have tried resetting the Xbox app and Store app. I have tried myriad of...
  5. Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...: Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on a Xbox one x it does not show install option. it's show buy ubisoft+ subscription....
  6. Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass: Hi today they add Assassins Creed Valhalla on game pass so i want to play it on my Pc, but when i try to install it i got a sad face, and i dont know what to do, any idea of what is happening?...
  7. How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?: I bought the Conan Complete Edition and when I try to install it Game Pass installs the Game Pass version of the base game along with my DLCs that are included with the complete edition. I've...
  8. Where can I get help with Xbox Game Pass PC install errors?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can I get help with Xbox Game Pass PC install errors?: I am having problems installing PC Game Pass older games on Windows 11 especially EA Games titles. Anyone able to help me find solutions for specific games? Some are: Medal of Honor Airborne &...
  9. Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr: It’s my understanding that Xbox game pass core includes rainbow six siege. This is the only reason I bought the game pass. However, when I go to install it I’m only give the option to buy game...
  10. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...